Claiborne's excuse for not playing?

jwitten82

Reaction score
What's his excuse for not playing? If Romo can play for one series, then he can too. He has missed preseason for most of his career, he needs the reps more than any of our starters.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
I know, but if the coaches can put our most important player in Romo out for one series, then they could at least gave him that. It's a dumb decision to sit him out of ps.

Preseason isn't over yet. The coaches held a LOT of players out. I'm sure he wanted to be out there as much as the others did but if he's told 'No', he shouldn't be blamed.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
The question in my mind regarding Claiborne is this; is there anything the guy could do that would have him still be on the team next year?

TheFinisher

Reaction score
What's his excuse for not playing? If Romo can play for one series, then he can too. He has missed preseason for most of his career, he needs the reps more than any of our starters.

Mo wasn't even expected to be practicing at this point, he had a serious injury and the team is not going to rush him back before needed. Same with Lee.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we see a lot of the guys that have been held out in next weeks game. Even if some for limited time.
These first few games are for rookies and 2nd year player types. To churn the roster, try to improve the roster, see what they can do. They know what Mo can and can not do.
They know what Lee can do. both are coming back from season ending injuries. Be patient.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Romo had 2 handoffs and a swing pass. If that's what you want to call exposing him, well then I guess the best play from the back up OL of the night, they did their job and protected him.

KingLerxst

Reaction score
You don't put a guy coming off major knee surgery out on a field like that. Same reason Lee didn't get any snaps.

xvendettax914

Reaction score
There is a multitude of reports,quotes, and video interviews answering this exact scenario as to why these players are being held out. The staff has made it MORE than clear they are using extreme caution in terms of injuries and playing players coming off injuries.