DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

foofighters

Reaction score
What's his excuse for not playing? If Romo can play for one series, then he can too. He has missed preseason for most of his career, he needs the reps more than any of our starters.

I don't think anymore reps are going to help Clairborne. I'd rather have someone else out there.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
You want to contact them hard enough you will.

I contacted Campo when he was HC and I did it by searching the two links I gave you.

This isn't the 2000 internet. He's not going to get a response from a coach of the Dallas Cowboys. It doesn't work that way.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
I don't think anymore reps are going to help Clairborne. I'd rather have someone else out there.

Yep.

I don't expect anything out of him.

I understand that he is coming off of a pretty extensive injury, but in my opinion, he still has to prove he can be an effective player on a 53 man NFL team. He should have to make this team and so far, after all of this time he has been here, I don't think he has proven anything except the fact that he is just not very good.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Things with Claiborne just won't change until he has a chance, on the carpet, to clarify his base talent levels.

All the trash talking and bad mouthing won't change this simple fact. Coulda's, woulda's, shoulda's...just are for convenience of venting. But they don't clarify issues. He has to play, and things won't change until he does. For better or for worse.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morris Claiborne. Football player. Cornerback. Searching for a way to tap into the hidden strengths that all first rounders have.

Then an accidental overdose of self confidence alters his mental chemistry. And now when Morris Claiborne grows angry or outraged, a startling metamorphosis occurs.

The athlete is driven by fan self-doubt and pursued by the DMN. ["Mr. Gosselin, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."]

The athlete is wanted for a first round draft pick he didn't hand in. Morris Claiborne's career is believed to be dead, and he must let some fans think it is dead, until he can find a way to control the raging playmaker that dwells within him...

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
That's part of the problem.

He can't stay on the field. When he has been on the field his performance has been poor.

It's not like he is coming off of his rookie year. He has had chance after chance to show that he is capable of being a professional football player.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Claiborne doesnt have a knee injury anymore. Pay attention

You really don't seem to be smart enough to discuss the matter. How difficult is it to realize Clairborne is coming off a season ending knee injury. Romo is NOT!!!! Same for Lee. He didn't play either, but you didn't ***** about him. It shows you simply have an agenda.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
You really don't seem to be smart enough to discuss the matter. How difficult is it to realize Clairborne is coming off a season ending knee injury. Romo is NOT!!!! Same for Lee. He didn't play either, but you didn't ***** about him. It shows you simply have an agenda.

This doesnt show he has an agenda- the only agenda here is one by Claiborne in order to get the most amount of money out of the team (that he already has) by doing the least amount of work and putting on the facade that he is "working hard."

There was even a quote from like 3 weeks ago when someone asked Mo how he felt and he was like- "I feel great. Best i've ever felt. EVEN IF I DONT PLAY IN PRESEASON, i'll be good for week one." Why would he even make that comment? He wasn't planning on playing in preseason ever.

Or perhaps his confidence will be shattered after he is abused by backups (which is honestly a reason as to why I think he isn't playing).

DenCWBY

Reaction score
What's his excuse for not playing? If Romo can play for one series, then he can too. He has missed preseason for most of his career, he needs the reps more than any of our starters.

I think JG was worried that Claiborne might hurt more of our players so he kept him out as a precaution to the health of our own defense.:muttley:

jwitten82

Reaction score

Romo had a back injury last year. I think Lee shouldve played too

gmoney112

Reaction score
This doesnt show he has an agenda- the only agenda here is one by Claiborne in order to get the most amount of money out of the team (that he already has) by doing the least amount of work and putting on the facade that he is "working hard."

There was even a quote from like 3 weeks ago when someone asked Mo how he felt and he was like- "I feel great. Best i've ever felt. EVEN IF I DONT PLAY IN PRESEASON, i'll be good for week one." Why would he even make that comment? He wasn't planning on playing in preseason ever.

Or perhaps his confidence will be shattered after he is abused by backups (which is honestly a reason as to why I think he isn't playing).

Lol. Claiborne wanted to play this week, the coaches held him out.

Claiborne is pretty lacking in the intelligent department, but i've seen multiple reports saying he's been a solid voice in the locker room for the younger guys.

He's also supposedly been pretty impressive in camp, even against the crossing/pick plays which used to give him a ton of trouble.

I'm not really super confident in him at this point because of his injury history, but I still think he can be a solid corner if he stays healthy, which will only help us.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
There is a multitude of reports,quotes, and video interviews answering this exact scenario as to why these players are being held out. The staff has made it MORE than clear they are using extreme caution in terms of injuries and playing players coming off injuries.

People don't get our goal is to stay healthy and win the superbowl, not be preseason champs. Last year 0-4 and looked terrible but went 12-4 and a couple plays away from conference championship

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Lol. Claiborne wanted to play this week, the coaches held him out.

Claiborne is pretty lacking in the intelligent department, but i've seen multiple reports saying he's been a solid voice in the locker room for the younger guys.

He's also supposedly been pretty impressive in camp, even against the crossing/pick plays which used to give him a ton of trouble.

I'm not really super confident in him at this point because of his injury history, but I still think he can be a solid corner if he stays healthy, which will only help us.

He is most likely 4th-6th corner. I'm happy with that, better then most teams