Signed by Cowboys Claiborne's signed one year deal with Cowboys

jjktkk

Reaction score
In our scheme, I do not believe there are the defined free and strong roles. Was not that way in Chicago with Marinelli either.

I think what you are seeing is really just a RB struggling and pretending to play S as he always has.

No instincts what so ever, just the uncanny ability to whiff on tackles and look lost in coverage.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What's wrong with what the Cowboys are doing? Nothing.

Re-signing Mo for one year gives them depth. They have not broke the bank with any of the players they've re-signed. Claiborne has been a bust, but he knows the scheme, has starting experience, and can step in this year if something happens to O-Scan or the rookie I expect them to draft.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Re-signing Mo for one year gives them depth. They have not broke the bank with any of the players they've re-signed. Claiborne has been a bust, but he knows the scheme, has starting experience, and can step in this year if something happens to O-Scan or the rookie I expect them to draft.

Wrong? I don't think anyone has established a "right" way so everyone else can copy it.

I am not surprised that the team is doing it's best to keep the band together.

They seem intent on demonstrating last year was a fluke.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Wrong? I don't think anyone has established a "right" way so everyone else can copy it.

To me, this team has done it the "wrong" way in the past. Franchising Anthony Spencer twice. Paying almost $13 million for one year of Greg Hardy distractions. And yes, breaking the bank and paying a mediocre corner (Carr) like he's Darrelle Revis. I have no problem with this free agency reunion party so long as the deals are kept smart.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

I think it was.

Kaiser

Reaction score
An added benefit of this signing is that Brandon Carr's agent knows that this 3 Million dollar salary is the ceiling for what the Cowboys will pay him. If the draft a CB, Carr is a goner irregardless but if they do work out a restructure to bring him back it won't be a higher number than this.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Bringing MO back.................LOL.................when was this guy's last pick, maybe the Rams game back in 2014?

The same game he got toasted so bad that Garrett benched him and he got pissed and left the facility the next day?

Yeah, I got to have me some of that:lmao2:

conner01

Reaction score
That's your opinion. The backup qb will contribute on the scout team when Romo has his off days and well get to work with the 1st offensive unit. He will contribute when Romo goes down with another injury and has to miss games. We AREN'T anywhere near a superbowl contender. This draft isn't gonna make us one.

Drafting a QB is not about this season, it's about the future
Or we could just wait till tony retires and pay 20 mil a year for a backup quality QB or give up a whole draft to move up and get one who will likely still need time to develope

conner01

Reaction score
To me, this team has done it the "wrong" way in the past. Franchising Anthony Spencer twice. Paying almost $13 million for one year of Greg Hardy distractions. And yes, breaking the bank and paying a mediocre corner (Carr) like he's Darrelle Revis. I have no problem with this free agency reunion party so long as the deals are kept smart.

Not having a player to replace a guy is why we had to tag spencer. Seems to me the smart move is always have a guy ready to replace a guy, like tony romo

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I think Dallas is making sure it has enough able bodies at the positions with Wilber, Brown, Claiborne and Hanna re-signing. All four of those players are merely depth, which doesn't mean we won't find upgrades to put in front of them or even knock some off the roster.

Thornton is the only one we've signed who is projected to be a starter.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm happy about the one year contract for Morris Claiborne.

At least he doesn't go and become an All Pro for some other team now...and he will help out in the Dallas secondary.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Judging a players turnovers in college is idiotic.

How about some of you start watching film and reading scouting reports?

Some stats are kinda important bro, like sacks for a DE, tackles for LBs and ints for secondary players.

That is why Bosa is not a consensus number one pick, because he lacks the sacks you would expect for a quick twitch DE.

Same with Ramsey, if he had 10 picks last year he would be the consensus number one, but his lack of production (ints) is a big question mark.

You act like this is something that is just made up, many people talked about it during the combine......including actual scouts bro.