Clarence Hill: Dak extension "closer than it has been"

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Be realistic. He's been surrounded with some of the best talent in the league throughout the entirety of his career, and hasn't managed to capitalize on opportunities in the postseason. If his playoff record was average, or even below average, what you're saying would mean something. It isn't. No QB that's played in as many playoff games as Dak has a worse record. He's shown consistent failure on the biggest stages.

If you want to make the team argument, consider Dak's impact on talent acquisition. He's shown that he needs great players at WR1 and WR2 to put up positive numbers. Those cost money. He also needs a strong ground game. That means you're paying a ton to offensive linemen. Where's the money to fill holes in the defense supposed to come from?

He wants to be paid elite money, but doesn't have the skill set to compensate for less than excellent talent around him. That takes away from other positions that need to be filled. This year those are RB and DT. Maybe the old vets that were brought in can fill by committee, but the fact remains that those positions are light in the britches because money needed to be put away to sign Lamb and Dak.

If Dak were to swallow his pride and acknowledge that he needs more talent around him to succeed, sure, maybe he is the best chance in the near future. Until then, he's a very expensive problem.
Dude, the team couldn’t stop good teams running game and the offense was 1 dimensional and also weak up the middle. Dak doesn’t play QB, center and nose tackle. Damn him.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Be realistic. He's been surrounded with some of the best talent in the league throughout the entirety of his career, and hasn't managed to capitalize on opportunities in the postseason. If his playoff record was average, or even below average, what you're saying would mean something. It isn't. No QB that's played in as many playoff games as Dak has a worse record. He's shown consistent failure on the biggest stages.

If you want to make the team argument, consider Dak's impact on talent acquisition. He's shown that he needs great players at WR1 and WR2 to put up positive numbers. Those cost money. He also needs a strong ground game. That means you're paying a ton to offensive linemen. Where's the money to fill holes in the defense supposed to come from?

He wants to be paid elite money, but doesn't have the skill set to compensate for less than excellent talent around him. That takes away from other positions that need to be filled. This year those are RB and DT. Maybe the old vets that were brought in can fill by committee, but the fact remains that those positions are light in the britches because money needed to be put away to sign Lamb and Dak.

If Dak were to swallow his pride and acknowledge that he needs more talent around him to succeed, sure, maybe he is the best chance in the near future. Until then, he's a very expensive problem.
This

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
In all fairness your profile is locked down and others are unable to go look back on your posts. This should really not be allowed for ANY users, not sure why the Admin's allow that on the forum.
There is a bookmark feature.

Bookmark it.

I have Rocky’s “I quit” thread he claims don’t exist bookmarked.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Dude, the team couldn’t stop good teams running game and the offense was 1 dimensional and also weak up the middle. Dak doesn’t play QB, center and nose tackle. Damn him.
You're right, but his contract takes up a huge chunk of the salary cap. How are you supposed to sign DTs when the offense is filling the majority of the cap? How are you to address RB when you have to fill half of the OL through the draft? These are problems you run into when you're paying a good QB elite money. Some guys can make magic happen with a lesser supporting cast. Dak isn't one of them, so it makes no sense to extend him for even more money when he couldn't get it done at $40m.

Mr_437

Reaction score
So Dak's new deal will be done tomorrow or Friday to try and steal the headlines while other teams are playing, especially the Eagles.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
In all fairness your profile is locked down and others are unable to go look back on your posts. This should really not be allowed for ANY users, not sure why the Admin's allow that on the forum.
Also.

You can’t go back more than 1 page in someone post history. So if I made it public you couldn’t go back and dig anyways.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You're right, but his contract takes up a huge chunk of the salary cap. How are you supposed to sign DTs when the offense is filling the majority of the cap? How are you to address RB when you have to fill half of the OL through the draft? These are problems you run into when you're paying a good QB elite money. Some guys can make magic happen with a lesser supporting cast. Dak isn't one of them, so it makes no sense to extend him for even more money when he couldn't get it done at $40m.
Extending Dak will create millions of cap relief.

stiletto

Reaction score
Also.

You can’t go back more than 1 page in someone post history. So if I made it public you couldn’t go back and dig anyways.
Shouldn't be like that EITHER. Should be easy to go back as far as messages are stored or at least a year.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
dc752016-766f-46a0-95dc-1c109fe66f0e_text.gif

Again!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Shouldn't be like that EITHER. Should be easy to go back as far as messages are stored or at least a year.
i can open it up, but I’ve posted so much today that all you’re going to see are todays posts.

You can click see more at the bottom just to be greeted with an error.

Bookmark is your friend now.

stiletto

Reaction score
i can open it up, but I’ve posted so much today that all you’re going to see are todays posts.

You can click see more at the bottom just to be greeted with an error.

Bookmark is your friend now.
I use those, just not as convenient as going to a simple search with a clear "key" (user) to search a database which is the backend for XenForo. Low cycle search as long as a prime key is available. IMO it is silly to limit. Oh well..