Clarence Hill: Dak extension "closer than it has been"

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Dude, the team couldn’t stop good teams running game and the offense was 1 dimensional and also weak up the middle. Dak doesn’t play QB, center and nose tackle. Damn him.
The Cowboys were a top 5 scoring defense and top half of the league in both YPC and rushing yards last year. Why do you hate on the Cowboys so much?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Cowboys were a top 5 scoring defense and top half of the league in both YPC and rushing yards last year. Why do you hate on the Cowboys so much?
Yeah except when they played physical teams. I swear some of you don’t even watch the games.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Extending Dak will create millions of cap relief.
How did that work out the last time around? So you're saying we create a long term problem for short term relief when it appears the window of opportunity has passed? If you push money down the road, how do you expect to sign Micah or Tyler, the current and future stars of this organization?

Last year was the time to go all in. I would've been all for resigning him and backloading to build a Super team. Now Lamb is playing under a huge contract and the bill is about to come due for others. This means less money to bring in positive contributors from free agency. Any money saved will be used to resign our own guys, and that leaves us with nothing gained. If the team doesn't take a positive step forward, how are we to expect they'll be any better in a year or two?

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Extending Dak will create millions of cap relief.
I think that’s the biggest thing people dismiss. The cap relief is huge. We can spread alot out and have more outs if we decide to release or (hopefully) trade him with a new clause In.

stiletto

Reaction score
Looks like PFT is picking up on something too.

Full Article

I'd still get the Kevin McCallister countdown going though...

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I don't want the player re-signed, but if they are going to do it, I hope it's a three year deal with the third year being an easy way out for the Cowboys.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
My decision has nothing to do with this site which I thoroughly enjoy being a member.
No way am I spending any more years seeing Dak lay eggs taking our Cowboys along for the ride.
Right 29 years of Dak has broke you....lol

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Giving Dak a 3rd contract would be up there amoung the dumbest things Jerry has done - and that is big list. However, I fully expect it. As much as everyone knows that Dak can't elevate his game when needed the most and we have zero % chance of winning a SB with him as QB... Jerry is old. He doesn't have time to tear it down and start over, so hanging around the rim will have to do for him. It's sad but that is the state of the Boys now. No hope to win championships, No hope to change. But its still the Dallas Cowboys and they will be playing on Sunday, so there is that.
again i get moving on from Dak i really do laugh at the people here who had hope BEFORE Dak..lol like the 20 years before Dak were diferent....

stiletto

Reaction score
again i get moving on from Dak i really do laugh at the people here who had hope BEFORE Dak..lol like the 20 years before Dak were diferent....
I DO think the teams drafting is a ton better than it was. You have to give some credit there. Can you imagine the mess if not for Will McClay??

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong......If Dak waits until the end of the season to sign rather than now, he risks losing $55M+ ( whatever salary they agree on) that he can't get back.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I DO think the teams drafting is a ton better than it was. You have to give some credit there. Can you imagine the mess if not for Will McClay??
Sure they can but until the GM changes his ways i dont think youll see the change your looking for..

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong......If Dak waits until the end of the season to sign rather than now, he risks losing $55M+ ( whatever salary they agree on) that he can't get back.
IMO its probably pretty low risk on Daks part. The risk would be a catastrophic Teddy Bridgewater type of injury, although even that Dak likely has an insurance policy for. Cousins just got paid coming off of an achilles injury and I'm sure Dak being a few years younger would be viewed as even less risk for a team. I think Dak is 100% in the drivers seat when it comes to contract negotiations. He would basically have to turn into the Denver version of Russell Wilson to really lose any significant money.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How did that work out the last time around? So you're saying we create a long term problem for short term relief when it appears the window of opportunity has passed? If you push money down the road, how do you expect to sign Micah or Tyler, the current and future stars of this organization?

Last year was the time to go all in. I would've been all for resigning him and backloading to build a Super team. Now Lamb is playing under a huge contract and the bill is about to come due for others. This means less money to bring in positive contributors from free agency. Any money saved will be used to resign our own guys, and that leaves us with nothing gained. If the team doesn't take a positive step forward, how are we to expect they'll be any better in a year or two?
The salary is set for a huge increase the next 2 years. I created a thread about it. So no issue going forward.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Don’t need to as everyone knows you said it multiple times. Are you denying that?
He literally hasn’t denied it once in this thread. He just keeps saying “post it”.

I haven’t been on here all off-season to know if he said it or not… but without him denying it, it looks like he did say it.

Easy to say “post it” on a message board that intentionally makes it almost impossible to find old posts from members, and everyone knows it.