Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You haters
Rockport every thread.

giphy.webp

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Well, we will see if/when the time comes. Because if they do extend him, I am not going to give him any slack at all!
I’m torn.

Some Dak fans think I’ll leave if Dak gets resigned.

Some Dak fans think I’m only here because of Dak and will leave when he leaves.

One group is going to be mightily sad, but MountaineerCowboy can’t please everyone.

StarLord

Reaction score
If this is true.. it's really pathetic by Jerry. I thought he was moving on but paying lip service to have it both ways.

I've said it for years, Dak is Fool's Gold.

...but then Jerry's a damned fool.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Giving Dak a 3rd contract would be up there amoung the dumbest things Jerry has done - and that is big list. However, I fully expect it. As much as everyone knows that Dak can't elevate his game when needed the most and we have zero % chance of winning a SB with him as QB... Jerry is old. He doesn't have time to tear it down and start over, so hanging around the rim will have to do for him. It's sad but that is the state of the Boys now. No hope to win championships, No hope to change. But its still the Dallas Cowboys and they will be playing on Sunday, so there is that.

jujoboys

Reaction score
In the real world the rest of the NFL will be far more interested in this ball game between two legitimate teams then they will about a tier 2 quarterback being overpaid to choke in the playoffs for a few more years
You forgot about the people like my wife and daughter who will be watching the game hoping to see Taylor Swift. lol

Blackspider214

Reaction score
People really thought they are going to let Dak walk lol. Romo never accomplished anything and they always made it work to get him extended. Same will happen for Dak. If they really planned on tearing down to rebuild, they would not have extended Lamb.

So many tried to wish it into existence. Dak will retire with Dallas.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Make sure you're not the one that will once again go MIA like you did after the Niner loss..................
I don't think anyone should leave....that's silly.
I'm sure you guys were fans back when we truly had garbage at the position.
Whatever happens, we should all just roll with it and cheer for the Cowboys and enjoy the season.

Heck, I hated the very sight of Parcells' fat belly in a sweater and his smirks; I hated our defense for the past decade and was happy to see Quinn go, but I still enjoyed the Cowboys and the games.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I’m not one to put all the blame on 1 person. That’s rather naive.
Be realistic. He's been surrounded with some of the best talent in the league throughout the entirety of his career, and hasn't managed to capitalize on opportunities in the postseason. If his playoff record was average, or even below average, what you're saying would mean something. It isn't. No QB that's played in as many playoff games as Dak has a worse record. He's shown consistent failure on the biggest stages.

If you want to make the team argument, consider Dak's impact on talent acquisition. He's shown that he needs great players at WR1 and WR2 to put up positive numbers. Those cost money. He also needs a strong ground game. That means you're paying a ton to offensive linemen. Where's the money to fill holes in the defense supposed to come from?

He wants to be paid elite money, but doesn't have the skill set to compensate for less than excellent talent around him. That takes away from other positions that need to be filled. This year those are RB and DT. Maybe the old vets that were brought in can fill by committee, but the fact remains that those positions are light in the britches because money needed to be put away to sign Lamb and Dak.

If Dak were to swallow his pride and acknowledge that he needs more talent around him to succeed, sure, maybe he is the best chance in the near future. Until then, he's a very expensive problem.

Carson

Reaction score
Yep...any day now...aaaaaany day. Definitely this week though. Repeated ad nauseum since March....
We always knew they would sign this right around this time.

News should break during the Philly game or Sunday morning so Jerry will be the talk of the town