Clayton Gaethers visiting Cowboys

Sydla

Reaction score
The fact that that Colts supposedly love him, yet won't risk signing him back when they have a ton of cap space to burn is a little concerning.

I'll take him because I still think he's better than Heath but I think even at this late period, there are better options out there.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
0 career INTs. I have no idea why we don't look at Tre Boston. Yes he misses some tackles, but he's pretty good in coverage. I know the Cowboys like players that can tackle, but Heath missed 22, while Boston missed 12 last year.
I agree but it might be that they want a true SS as Heath was no Barry Church when he was down in the box and believe that Woods could be that centerfielder while he can still deliver a hit.

Rayman70

Reaction score
IF HEALTHY, he is an upgrade over Heath. THEN he becomes expendable. I like Geathers and Woods as a starting tandem with Kavon and Darian competing as back ups. I would also bring in Sendejo who was just cut from Minny...as he was here before. Make him play and compete in the role on special teams. Sendejo is also a upgrade over Heath...can't cover but at least tackles well.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Colts are something like $80M under the cap this year. I don't know why they wouldn't sign him if they wanted him. Sounds like he played pretty decently. I don't get what the Colts are thinking.
But, hey, if he can play, then I am all for him coming to the Cowboys.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I can't say much because I haven't seen him much, but 0 INTs and injury concerns? I see why we're interested, but at least he would automatically be better than Heath.

Carson

Reaction score
I can't say much because I haven't seen him much, but 0 INTs and injury concerns? I see why we're interested, but at least he would automatically be better than Heath.

Automatic tackler.
Team captain.
Played huge in the playoffs.

Think Barry Church. Only better

JayFord

Reaction score
Colts fans aren’t happy about him visiting here. That always makes you feel good.

Why would they be mad? They should be relaxed it’s not like we’re going to offer him more than league minimum

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I guess some people dont understand the role of box/strong safeties. They aren't expected to have high INT #'s

Patrick Chung one of the most well known SSs in the league has 4 total INTs over the last six seasons while playing significant snaps on a team that faces a ton of pass attempts year in and year out.

Carson

Reaction score
Colts are something like $80M under the cap this year. I don't know why they wouldn't sign him if they wanted him. Sounds like he played pretty decently. I don't get what the Colts are thinking.

They will be in situation like ours. They are the youngest team in the NFl or close to youngest.

Eventually guys like Nelson, Hooker, Leonard, Smith, Mack will be paid.

So they have cap yes. But most of their guys are running on rookie deals. Leonard and Nelson will both be paid tops or near tops in the league

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
They seemed to be concerned about injuries when discussing another Safety yet we bring him in
No, that was much more about the money.

Now since it is not money but injuries, the goalposts are moved.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
They are probably concerned about his neck injuries and how many games he's missed.