Cleveland police refuse to participate in Browns’ national anthem

John813

Reaction score
Could of just rang the doorbell. lol

In that scenario, seems to me instead of going the "right" way around a situation, you think you can do what you want and expect people to not have any complaints in how you did it?

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Could of just rang the doorbell. lol

In that scenario, seems to me instead of going the "right" way around a situation, you think you can do what you want and expect people to not have any complaints in how you did it?

ah and there is my point exactly. you're still focusing on my method of getting your attention, instead of the actual problem. even in this hypothetical, you didn't even acknowledge that my friend needs help, only that i should've did something else to get your attention. and thats the problem.

My actions were not done in malice or as a sign of disrespect, i did it because i knew it was the only way to get your attention. a simple ringing of the bell or a knock doesn't always get a reply, as you could assume im just a solicitor or an annoying neighbor, but something out of the ordinary like a thud against your house always stands out

John813

Reaction score
ah and there is my point exactly. you're still focusing on my method of getting your attention, instead of the actual problem. even in this hypothetical, you didn't even acknowledge that my friend needs help, only that i should've did something else to get your attention. and thats the problem.

My actions were not done in malice or as a sign of disrespect, i did it because i knew it was the only way to get your attention. a simple ringing of the bell or a knock doesn't always get a reply, as you could assume im just a solicitor or an annoying neighbor, but something out of the ordinary like a thud against your house always stands out

I actually don't mind the players doing the kneeling, just thought your scenario sucked.

You missed the lol. I saw your point(s).

Besides, maybe try a different house if they aren't answering the doorbell/knocking. Odds are you don't want their help anyways.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
I actually don't mind the players doing the kneeling, just thought your scenario sucked.

You missed the lol. I saw your point(s).

Besides, maybe try a different house if they aren't answering the doorbell/knocking. Odds are you don't want their help anyways.

naw, if you are telling me to keep going to different houses using a different method then don't think you got my points then lol. its ok though because our convo wouldn't change anything on this forum. enjoy your day man

John813

Reaction score
naw, if you are telling me to keep going to different houses using a different method then don't think you got my points then lol. its ok though because our convo wouldn't change anything on this forum. enjoy your day man

I got your point. People shouldn't worry about a bottle hitting their house*, over someone in need who is in pain/trouble.
There is a more important humanly need that needs attention and the thing that brought it to attention shouldn't be the talking point.
Just saying throwing anything at someones house isn't the same as a player kneeling over supporting an issue. One is something that can be taken the wrong way by someone who is off, and the other one is something you almost never see on TV.

I just don't get why so many people are upset over some guy kneeling during the anthem. If they didn't care, no player would be kneeling this year.
IMO players are kneeling solely this year for media coverage cause a good amount of people eat this up.

*Unless it shatters a window lol.

Last edited:

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
I got your point. People shouldn't worry about a bottle hitting their house*, over someone in need who is in pain/trouble.
There is a more important humanly need that needs attention and the thing that brought it to attention shouldn't be the talking point.
Just saying throwing anything at someones house isn't the same as a player kneeling over supporting an issue.

I just don't get why so many people are upset over some guy kneeling during the anthem. If they didn't care, no player would be kneeling this year.
IMO players are kneeling solely this year for media coverage cause a good amount of people eat this up.

*Unless it shatters a window lol.

ok you did get it lol. and the whole bottle thing was my representation of doing something that people don't want you to do. people would prefer you to protest differently, (or ring the doorbell), instead of taking an action thats outside of the norm thats make them feel uncomfortable ( potentially having a window shattered). i feel like you could use a bunch of different stuff in those scenarios, i just chose a bottle being thrown.

and i don't know about players only doing it for the media coverage thing. We've seen how owners and coaches have reacted negatively to the protests. Why risk your roster spot and potentially being black-balled just to get your face out there? especially the low level players who haven't made anywhere near the amount of money Kaep has?

paladin

Reaction score
To get your attention for assistance, i throw a bottle against your house.
Intriging
It's all about how your message is perceived.
Perception is reality.
If I perceive that you're vandalizing my house, any rational message you're trying to send might be drowned out by my shotgun blast.
Futhermore
GOT OFFA MY YARD!

John813

Reaction score
snip

and i don't know about players only doing it for the media coverage thing. We've seen how owners and coaches have reacted negatively to the protests. Why risk your roster spot and potentially being black-balled just to get your face out there? especially the low level players who haven't made anywhere near the amount of money Kaep has?

Of course I could very well be wrong, especially now with my attention/sanity being directed at Irma. There are some owners like Stephen Ross who had no issues with his players kneeling and encouraged them to do what they felt was right.
I just feel Kaep took one for that team last year when he was the face of the protest. He donated a good amount of money to causes and at least had thought out responses to countless interviews. It's one thing to kneel, it's another to actually donate/backup the kneeling with positive action whether in donating to causes or helping out the community.
I don't know if the players who are kneeling have coaches/owners that hate or don't care about it. Lower level, churn players are taking a risk, I agree.

Intriging
Perception is reality.
If I perceive that you're vandalizing my house, any rational message you're trying to send
might be drowned out by my shotgun blast.
Futhermore
GOT OFFA MY YARD!

Sort of what I was getting at.
People build up emotion without looking/fully analyzing at the big picture. I know if I heard a bottle bounce off my house, I would have the mindset of, "*** who is this XXXX throwing **** at my house". Then go outside quite heated. Of course I would cool down and realize why the bottle was thrown, but not everyone would/could see why it was thrown and get pissed off. Making the situation much worse.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Intriging
Perception is reality.
If I perceive that you're vandalizing my house, any rational message you're trying to send might be drowned out by my shotgun blast.
Futhermore
GOT OFFA MY YARD!

oh absolutely, and you make a great point. its all about intent. if Kaep only kneeled for the anthem because he simply hated america, then i would be against him, and would agree with a the metaphorical shotgun blast headed his way. but there was a reason for him doing that, a reason that i also agree needs attention so his kneeling isn't bothering me

sean10mm

Reaction score
Most Americans don't appear to actually like freedom, because they lose their minds whenever anybody else uses it differently than they would.

What they seem to want is a tyrant, though of course they wouldn't call it that. They "just" want somebody who will make all the "wrong people" just "go away."

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Intriging
Perception is reality.
Futhermore
GOT OFFA MY YARD!
That's what I'd do. I spray the culprit with my m4, ak, or shotgun if you vandalize my place. Punks

Jk jk For a bottle thrown a baseball bat to the ribs is fair or mace to the face. We can't go overboard!

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Why did they even show up?

That's fine, I'll put my ACUs on and hold the flag in support of those players.