Click bait Journalism - Sirrius edited quote to make Dez

Aven8

Reaction score
It’s because he went after teammates. If he’s just reacted to S Jones’ comments unprofessionally taken out of context he’d have been ok.

He's a sore loser. Always has been.

DandyTom64

Reaction score
Was there EVER such a thing?
They say the pen is mightier than the sword. But I bet it still hurts like hell when you're stabbed in the back. First thing journalist learn is probably "etu brutus". Did I get that right? I'm not a journalist.

Verdict

Reaction score
It’s because he went after teammates. If he’s just reacted to S Jones’ comments unprofessionally taken out of context he’d have been ok.

The continual meltdown by Dez was disproportionate to what was said even if it were accurate. He's still nutting out!

Verdict

Reaction score
Sports media is now what mainstream media has become.
Create a story and spin it instead of reporting it.
I don't consume mainstream media for the same reason I don't drink toilet water.

Hard to argue with that.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
This is a double disservice to Dez Bryant. Not only does it unfairly and erroneously demean Dez as being the problem in Dallas; it also provoked a response that made Dez look even worse. But they got clicks...

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
This is a double disservice to Dez Bryant. Not only does it unfairly and erroneously demean Dez as being the problem in Dallas; it also provoked a response that made Dez look even worse. But they got clicks...
And had Dez talked about Dallas or the Jones’s or Dak or anybody else since being cut?

dude was minding his business when he sees this (doctored) quote

I don’t blame him one bit for reacting & being angry

I suspect a lot of the ppl crapping on Dez were the ones crapping on Dez when sports media pushed the “sideline meltdown” story

same ones that went silent after the audio of his “sideline meltdown” came out later that week

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yeah, it's totally surprising the former star dude that got cut would be upset his boss is talking crap about him, according to a falsified quote.

Dez being upset was reasonable. His actions were unreasonable. "He made me mad!" doesn't justify a grown man lashing out at people who hadn't said a word.

But Dez is Dez. Processing his emotions has never been his strong suit. :rolleyes:

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
What ever happened to ethics in journalism, so many click bait sports journalist misleading fans: SiriusXM edited quote to make Dez Bryant look worse

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/siriusxm-edited-quote-to-make-dez-bryant-look-worse/ar-BBLbGS4?li=BBnb7Kz

The NFL and the teams need to start making these organizations pay a price when they do stuff like that. I'd suggest publicly rebuking them followed by limiting their access to players and staff. Goodell seems to enjoy punishing people; he should add reporters and their news organizations to his list. Now would be a perfect time due to all the public discussion about the effects of "fake news" on our society.

Lutonio

Reaction score
It's a low move and casts even more doubt over media when I thought I already couldn't trust them any less.

But nobody "made" Dez do anything. His response shows that these emotions and feelings were already there. Imagine if he were still on the team this now that we know all of this was going on.

Sirius used a dishonest approach to expose a personality that already existed.