Clinton-Dix not starting in practice

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Think it’s obvious ET will be a Cowboy unless he’s wanting the same money he had from the Ravens
Thompson starting over HHCD has as much correlation to ET landing here as running backs correlate to winning.

No matter how many threads you post this in

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Another Dallas reporter mentioned this yesterday. Sorry but Thompson is a ST guy at best. Brutal as a base D safety. Makes me think Thomas is a lock.

LOL....makes me think just how average Ha Ha is if he can't beat out a ST guy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mickey said that the first teamsteam so far has most mostly been Xavier Woods and Darian Thompson.

HaHa is healthy but running second team right now.

they have been mixing things up would not put to much into these reports just yet.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't see why people assume Looney is better than Biadasz.

If Looney played college ball last year, anyone think he would have won the Rimington? I don't.

Because most of us doubt a new coaching staff with a quality OL coach would purposely start the worst C at this point.

Maybe Biadasz overtakes him as he gets more reps, but it should surprise no one that with a limited offseason that Looney, right now, is viewed as the better starting C.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Because most of us doubt a new coaching staff with a quality OL coach would purposely start the worst C at this point.

Maybe Biadasz overtakes him as he gets more reps, but it should surprise no one that with a limited offseason that Looney, right now, is viewed as the better starting C.

I agree. I thin Biadasz will eventually be the starting center but Looney will start the season

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Sorta like the George Illoka signing last year. Man if Thompson couldn't beat out Heath last year and Clinton-Dix can't beat him out... we clearly downgraded at safety. I don't know how much the new scheme has to do with Thompson appearing as the starter right now though.

1000%.......What is it about Ha Ha? His stats are not bad and he's never missed a game. Maybe backup talent is his ceiling.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Did Looney start two years ago and play really well?

That's why.
yes and against NFL caliber defenders,,YES..:) we dont need no ducks , knucklers and other type snaps that gets dak nervous back there, looney gets that done..

Baldiaiz(sp) will get his shot when the staff feels hes comfortable. Maybe mid season who knows but Dak is comfortable with looney as are the coaches..

Hardline

Reaction score
This is why I would've drafted Xavier McKinney if the Lamb didn't miraculously fall in our laps.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
[QUOTE="AsthmaField, post: 10340486, member: 428"]I do know that McCarthy was an advocate for Biadasz, which can’t hurt his chances. Mike loved him at Wisconsin and watched him a lot there.

If he hits, that’ll be huge for the future of the OL.[/QUOTE]

Gee another term for advocate is telling or pushing for him so again give me a link where he is quoted as doing having anything to do with the Cowboys drafting him and then a link that quotes him saying he watched him a lot at Wisconsin. My guess is you're assuming because McCarthy coached in Green Bay that he automatically watch Wisconsin. Here's a news flash for you, head coaches often say they have little to no time to do things they like especially during the season. They're to busy taking care of the team they are coaching and rely on the college scouts to do the watching of college teams.

Sydla

Reaction score
I agree. I thin Biadasz will eventually be the starting center but Looney will start the season

I tend to agree with this. I could see Biadasz overtaking him at some point even early to mid season.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He also just said Tyler Biadsz is coming on and looks like he is getting it. He is working at center and guard. Thinks he will be the first candidate in incase of injury.

Not surprised to hear that about Biadasz. He seems like a smart person, and he's from the same university as TFred and plays the same position. As for Clinton-Dix, that's definitely not good to hear. I'm thinking Earl Thomas would be an important addition if that's the case. Especially with how bad Thompson is.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
[QUOTE="AsthmaField, post: 10340486, member: 428"]I do know that McCarthy was an advocate for Biadasz, which can’t hurt his chances. Mike loved him at Wisconsin and watched him a lot there.

If he hits, that’ll be huge for the future of the OL.

Gee another term for advocate is telling or pushing for him so again give me a link where he is quoted as doing having anything to do with the Cowboys drafting him and then a link that quotes him saying he watched him a lot at Wisconsin. My guess is you're assuming because McCarthy coached in Green Bay that he automatically watch Wisconsin. Here's a news flash for you, head coaches often say they have little to no time to do things they like especially during the season. They're to busy taking care of the team they are coaching and rely on the college scouts to do the watching of college teams.
.[/QUOTE]

That may be about what coaches do. However, I do think McCarthy probably had quite a bit to do with drafting Biadasz. I think McCarthy knows his stuff, especially on offense.