Clowney reportedly interested in Saints and Cowboys

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He's had 2 nine plus sack seasons so does this fact change your agenda?

He was the 1st overall draft pick, has played with quality talent around him, to not have a 10 plus sack season is puzzling. Miles Garrett already has 2 out of 3 seasons of 10 plus sacks, hell he got 10 in 10 games last season, Clowney had 3 in 13 games. Take away where he was drafted, he isn't an elite pass rusher.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
He was the 1st overall draft pick, has played with quality talent around him, to not have a 10 plus sack season is puzzling. Miles Garrett already has 2 out of 3 seasons of 10 plus sacks, hell he got 10 in 10 games last season, Clowney had 3 in 13 games. Take away where he was drafted, he isn't an elite pass rusher.
Take away that hit against Michigan and people are wondering who Clooney is right now.

coach steele

Reaction score
We already have waaaay too many Defensive Ends on the roster.......and only $11 million left in the kitty.

We have a lot of bodies at defensive end. How many of them are talented. We don’t even know if Randy Gregory will be on this roster. I’m rooting for Alton Smith but he hasn’t played in 5 years. It’s all Monopoly money and contracts can easily be restructured. However, knowing the Cowboys, this is a non story and won’t happen. The need at defensive end is definitely there though.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
1000% .......but I wonder if playing 3-4 LBer held him back a bit. I've read/seen comments from former coaches who've said judging him by sacks is a bit unfair coz he has a lot of destructive plays that done show on the stat sheet. That being said, you right coz at the end of the day his position is judge by sacks.

He does flash in both the run and against the pass, but lacks any sort of consistency. Compare him to Miles Garrett who also was the #1 overall player selected, it's not even close. 3 sacks last season and he wants 17 million per year? No wonder he still remains unsigned.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If anything in that range could get a deal done? Sign me up.

(But then again, I'm pretty much good with giving Crawford's money to anyone else) :laugh:
giphy.gif

blueblood70

Reaction score
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/sp...lowney-wants-to-sign-with-dallas-cowboys/amp/

1 year deal.

Sign him Jerry.

Do it.
ahh another thread where a FA is very interested in the boys..Earl thomas where you at LOL

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Clowney wants what 16 million on a 1 year deal? I wouldn't give that. 10 to 12 million range sure, but then a lot of teams would be interested.

kskboys

Reaction score
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/sp...lowney-wants-to-sign-with-dallas-cowboys/amp/

1 year deal.

Sign him Jerry.

Do it.
Yeah, but is he interested enough to play for what he's worth, around 10 mil? Last I heard he was not.

kskboys

Reaction score
Crawford still being on the roster is almost unbelievable.
Crawford was simply Jerry's signing so he could stop drafting DT's and get back to the business of drafting WR's and CB's.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We have a lot of bodies at defensive end. How many of them are talented. We don’t even know if Randy Gregory will be on this roster. I’m rooting for Alton Smith but he hasn’t played in 5 years. It’s all Monopoly money and contracts can easily be restructured. However, knowing the Cowboys, this is a non story and won’t happen. The need at defensive end is definitely there though.
How so is there a need at Defensive End?

coach steele

Reaction score
How so is there a need at Defensive End?

fo we have a for sure starter there? Gregory may not play this year and Alton hasn’t played in 5 years. Who is your starter there if those two players are unable to either play or play up to expectations at RDE?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I figure they would've signed Griffin by now for half the price if interested in a DE.