Coaching has a bullseye on them now

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
garrett wouldn't go back and watch the takes on nick and see what he does good and what is his weaknesses. He would continue to try to fix a square peg in a round hole.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fact that Garrett and his staff, after 7 seasons, still struggle at things that the Eagles staff did well this year........... make adjustments in game, between games, compensate for key injuries, etc.

You think they call games for Dak the way they did for Romo? Or that they didn’t overcome injuries on the way to 13-3? Because I don’t.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
garrett is still working on timeouts and challenges, then he will start thinking about adjustments.. Hey he's a pretty good walk around coach though. I think he's in the top 10 walk around head coaches.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
garrett is still working on timeouts and challenges, then he will start thinking about adjustments.. Hey he's a pretty good walk around coach though. I think he's in the top 10 walk around head coaches.

Last I’d checked, Garrett had the highest success rate for challenges in the league. That was a few years ago, though.

I looked it up because, of course, fans were saying he was terrible at it because fans are largely clueless.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Last I’d checked, Garrett had the highest success rate for challenges in the league. That was a few years ago, though.

I looked it up because, of course, fans were saying he was terrible at it because fans are largely clueless.

Some people struggle with the concept that things change and people change. It must be both easy and hard to go through life like that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett is holding back a HOF caliber QB and Domsday Defense from winning championship.

C’mon Man. This is best team in NFL with worst HC. Lol

What’s wrong with you people . Good gawd

MikeT22

Reaction score
Coaching always has a bullseye on it in the NFL. And nothing will shut the fans up no matter how it plays out. They criticize the team for offensive ineptitude when it’s in the top five in the league in offensive production. If the team doesn’t win, it’ll be the scheme or the clock management or the use of challenge flags. Whether that stuff played any actual role or not.

At the end of the day, if he’s still a ginger and still claps, they’ll still hate on the staff if the team doesn’t advance and win a Superbowl, without much regard for what the reasons for that might actually be.

Garrett is the 2nd longest tenured HC in Cowboys history behind Tom Landry and he has a whopping 1 playoff win to show for it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
yep he's the super bowl champ of challenges..

You were demonstrably wrong. Why is it so hard to just admit it and move on? Garrett hasn't had clock issues in years either BTW. 2013 called and wants it take back.

If you want to bash Garrett talk about how he struggles deviating from his gameplan and requires good assistants to help him scheme.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yep Jason is the best HC in the league with no talent. yep keep making excuses. "jerry is training him fast as he can"... it's not Jerry's fault Jason is a slow learner

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Who knows if Garrett is Super Bowl caliber. The bigger question is do you believe the team is?

Big_D

Reaction score
Garrett is holding back a HOF caliber QB and Domsday Defense from winning championship.

C’mon Man. This is best team in NFL with worst HC. Lol

What’s wrong with you people . Good gawd

LOL a dozen years, same excuse. The team is never good enough and oddly enough the lack of talent has nothing to do with the coaches evaluating that talent? A hall of fame caliber QB and D doesn't just grow on trees. Those things are developed, coached, schemed., prepared. What's Garrett bring to the table? His ability to work well with Jerry. That's really paying off.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
"Jason is more of a motivator, he's not an X and O type coach"..... that's all you need to know.. motivator gets you only so far.. *claps*