Coaching isn’t what’s going to put us over the hump

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You never did, remember? I’m a “Homer”. But you sound frustrated with opposing views that persist.
You’re right . I don’t. But I’ll always respond.

That leaves you with just trolling the thread and OP.

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
Very hard to find a coach with the test tackles to get players to be disciplined and accountable for their actions as well as a tend to Jerry's comfort and feelings and ego and all the other unnecessary dysfunction this franchise harbors not related to football.

That said the only guy that comes to mind would be someone like Tony Dungy

kevm3

Reaction score
Talent is our best hope overcoming our dysfunctional and toxic organization.

And the best talent at the key positions , top offense and defense .

The closer we are to having the most Elite QB, best offense and defense the closer we will be to returning to a Super Bowl.

In other words, don't expect a superbowl for the next 2 decades, especially with Stephen helming the team now. We hardly do anything in free agency, so we can never be as talented as the Rams and other teams who are actually aggressive. We're a team that only really utilizes the draft to try to out-talent the rest of the league. For some reason, this year, Quinn has actually been able to convince the FO to get a few nice free agents, but who knows how long that will last. Our formula is to try to draft well, and when it comes contract time, hold out and try to franchise players and end up signing them to record contracts because we have no viable alternative.

Blackrain

Reaction score
In other words, don't expect a superbowl for the next 2 decades, especially with Stephen helming the team now. We hardly do anything in free agency, so we can never be as talented as the Rams and other teams who are actually aggressive. We're a team that only really utilizes the draft to try to out-talent the rest of the league. For some reason, this year, Quinn has actually been able to convince the FO to get a few nice free agents, but who knows how long that will last. Our formula is to try to draft well, and when it comes contract time, hold out and try to franchise players and end up signing them to record contracts because we have no viable alternative.

Two decades may be a conservative estimate there's a heck of a lot of Jones's coming up through the ranks.
We seem to specialize in being strong armed by players into contracts that give us no room to do anything good in free agency

Much easier to just lower your expectations to winning a playoff game being your super bowl knowing that with this family running the team that is truly all that they are capable of

ESisback

Reaction score
You’re right . I don’t. But I’ll always respond.

That leaves you with just trolling the thread and OP.
I’m a trolling or attacking Homer who isn’t worth the convo, and yet you’re still here, 73 responses later! Meanwhile, you’re a critical thinker and realist imparting wisdom. Ok, got it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m a trolling or attacking Homer who isn’t worth the convo, and yet you’re still here, 73 responses later! Meanwhile, you’re a critical thinker and realist imparting wisdom. Ok, got it.
It’s my thread. Start your own and you can have last word.

Look at it like this . You’re trolling me and winning. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Many of us said that a couple decades ago and here we are.

Nexx

Reaction score
Well now you have a QB that’s cap number will crush the surrounding talent.

That’s why you don’t pay solid QBs like they’re elite. Cowboys fans and management never learn.

right. The only chance is if we had with Dak was paying him bargain money to surround him with enough talent to succeed. Now that he’s getting paid elite money we will always lose to teams with elite qbs getting paid elite money or less

ESisback

Reaction score
It’s my thread. Start your own and you can have last word.

Look at it like this . You’re trolling me and winning. Lol

Unwanted responses equals trolling? Ok. Responses are only valuable if they adhere to your agenda? Gotcha. Winning?!? Ha! Winning what, a trophy? Cash? Is there an awards banquet?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Unwanted responses equals trolling? Ok. Responses are only valuable if they adhere to your agenda? Gotcha. Winning?!? Ha! Winning what, a trophy? Cash? Is there an awards banquet?
Do you have anything to add to the topic or discussion or just trolling me ?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Talent is our best hope overcoming our dysfunctional and toxic organization.

And the best talent at the key positions , top offense and defense .

The closer we are to having the most Elite QB, best offense and defense the closer we will be to returning to a Super Bowl.
Shame we have to play so handicapped

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
There’s just no way we can match up against teams with more Elite QB’s and better offenses and or defenses and expect to come out on top.

Our culture just isn’t conducive to success. The only exception was in 1995 when we had by far the best talent to overcome our toxIc culture . And it wasn’t enough in 1994.
True

DonaldM

Reaction score
Defense
BguSUjh.jpg
Funny. Your idea but I think I did it for you way back. I need to go look at my cowboys graphics stash. We had some fun...

DonaldM

Reaction score
Yes you did . My favorite
Funny. A guy I worked with back in 1986 sent me a picture I drew of us working at a rubber plant. Making fun of one of the bosses. Why he hung on to that goofy picture and found it after all these years blew my mind.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Funny. A guy I worked with back in 1986 sent me a picture I drew of us working at a rubber plant. Making fun of one of the bosses. Why he hung on to that goofy picture and found it after all these years blew my mind.
I saved a few of them. I just recently finally figured out how to copy them on this site thru Imgur ap. They are too big to use as signature according to this sites rules. This is a much better managed site but fussy on some things which is fine. I can still share them in a post.

Another Fav is in War Room as clowns . And the Emperor . Maybe the best creation ever. Unfortunately several of them are Garrett related which no longer apply.

Some Fat Mikey and crybaby Dak would be appropriate now;)