Coaching isn’t what’s going to put us over the hump

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Right... the question was what did you base that on.

They played the Eagles in week 18 and the Eagles weren't playing their starters.

As regards the preseason against the Jags, it was preseason against the Jags...
The Jaguars played most of their starters for most of that last preseason game.

As for the Eagles backups, it was at the end of the season where the backups are as chiseled and ready to start if needed at that point of the season.

ESisback

Reaction score
a homer is never having to utilize critical thinking when saying that 12 wins in the NFC East is the same as 10 wins in the NFC West……how did that work out?
No, a Homer is someone that tries to stay loyal to his team, someone that tries to be optimistic and hopeful, someone that can think outside the box and see the big picture, WITHOUT dwelling too long on negative crap. It serves no purpose. A normal person, who doesn’t take things so seriously. Just because someone treats it like a game, doesn’t mean that they’re somehow less of a fan, or that they’re some kind of shallow Care Bear.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
a homer is never having to utilize critical thinking when saying that 12 wins in the NFC East is the same as 10 wins in the NFC West……how did that work out?
It’s basically being a cheerleader. Much like she says Daks our guy now so I’m going to support him. Which is fine but to me is a status quo answer .

Of course we support him every week to win the game but we also can take a step back and offer analysis and critical thinking .

Just think of me as the Troy Aikman kind of Cowboy fan not the Michael Irvin type:)

Haimerej

Reaction score
Please tell , i missed that would like to know

At the end of DeBo's run on 3rd down he was tackled with 1:13 on the clock. They stopped play for the measurement. After all that they set the clock to 1:04 and the play clock at :25. A 40 second play clock from 1:13 means the game clock should be :58 seconds. So there's 6 seconds.

As the clock runs down Shanahan calls timeout and it showed :38 seconds. When the penalized 4th down play is run the game clock is at :40. There's the other 2 seconds.

kskboys

Reaction score
Talent is our best hope overcoming our dysfunctional and toxic organization.

And the best talent at the key positions , top offense and defense .

The closer we are to having the most Elite QB, best offense and defense the closer we will be to returning to a Super Bowl.
Yup. Need extreme disruption upfront on the DLine if we want to have any chance at all of beating playoff QBs

shabazz

Reaction score
It’s basically being a cheerleader. Much like she says Daks our guy now so I’m going to support him. Which is fine but to me is a status quo answer .

Of course we support him every week to win the game but we also can take a step back and offer analysis and critical thinking .

Just think of me as the Troy Aikman kind of Cowboy fan not the Michael Irvin type:)

….both champs…..Hot mic Aikman just more annoying to listen to as he has to prove his anti Cowboys bias every week,….listening to him is like eating a dirt sandwich….but he was a great player.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Basically a Homer is more of a half full glass type of fan. Much like a cheerleader always wanting to see or look for the more positive . Which is fine. There’s room for all types of fans.

I’m just not usually interested in discussing or analyzing specific details of diagnostic evaluation with cheerleaders. They’re great during the game and I’d be glad to cheer with them when there’s something to cheer for.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
At the end of DeBo's run on 3rd down he was tackled with 1:13 on the clock. They stopped play for the measurement. After all that they set the clock to 1:04 and the play clock at :25. A 40 second play clock from 1:13 means the game clock should be :58 seconds. So there's 6 seconds.

As the clock runs down Shanahan calls timeout and it showed :38 seconds. When the penalized 4th down play is run the game clock is at :40. There's the other 2 seconds.
You had to re-watch to catch all that , Debo must have stayed in bounds then or ruled in bounds , I can't remember. A few less defensive penalties on that drive would have saved more time than the 8 seconds given to Boys.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
….both champs…..Hot mic Aikman just more annoying to listen to as he has to prove his anti Cowboys bias every week,….listening to him is like eating a dirt sandwich….but he was a great player.
To me if you can’t present an unbiased objective view it comes across Homerish and discounts it’s validity.

And Troy is the class play by play announcer in the league. Only homers bash him. But they’ve bashed Jimmy too. Anyone who offers up critical thinking is a target for homers.

Haimerej

Reaction score
You had to re-watch to catch all that , Debo must have stayed in bounds then or ruled in bounds , I can't remember. A few less defensive penalties on that drive would have saved more time than the 8 seconds given to Boys.

He was in bounds. It was pointed out to me. I didn't catch it myself.

rambo2

Reaction score
He can but which odds do you like better?m

I’m not sure this organization can build around a QB like Dak. They couldn’t around Romo.
Well, your pretty dumb if you really think that. Maybe you should find another team to talk trash about if you don't like our team.

ESisback

Reaction score

I’d hate to see a “cheerleader” with your kind of arrogant condescension, someone that took everything so seriously, with delusions of superiority. The equivalent would be the homely-as-a-mud-fence Norma Flugwamp, flat chested super witch with the giant butt, big claws and chronic halitosis. Everyone wants the back seat of the bus with her, huh?

Your fandom is no better than anyone else’s. I’d ask you if you’ve got it yet, but no, you haven’t!

Blackrain

Reaction score

Hey Troy how about stepping back and giving us some analysis and critical thinking on how we should acquire all this talent you think we need to have to get to the next level taking into consideration the conditions of our cap.

We all would like to have more talent Heck we'd like the cowboys to be a full-blown pro bowl team.

But there are constraints you have to work with regarding how much you can pay players there aren't any as far as coaching goes you can pay whatever it takes to buy the best.
Don't know what they paid him but they got Quinn to stay so they must have felt that he made enough of a difference to justify whatever they had to do to keep him

Haimerej

Reaction score
The Jaguars played most of their starters for most of that last preseason game.

As for the Eagles backups, it was at the end of the season where the backups are as chiseled and ready to start if needed at that point of the season.

Man, I'm not trying to say Biadasz is the answer. But dude was a 7th rounder and I don't think he played center in college.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
I’d hate to see a “cheerleader” with your kind of arrogant condescension, someone that took everything so seriously, with delusions of superiority. The equivalent would be the homely-as-a-mud-fence Norma Flugwamp, flat chested super witch with the giant butt, big claws and chronic halitosis. Everyone wants the back seat of the bus with her, huh?

Your fandom is no better than anyone else’s. I’d ask you if you’ve got it yet, but no, you haven’t!
Before I got married I think I woke up (after many shots) with Norma Flugwamp.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hey Troy how about stepping back and giving us some analysis and critical thinking on how we should acquire all this talent you think we need to have to get to the next level taking into consideration the conditions of our cap.

We all would like to have more talent Heck we'd like the cowboys to be a full-blown pro bowl team.

But there are constraints you have to work with regarding how much you can pay players there aren't any as far as coaching goes you can pay whatever it takes to buy the best.
Don't know what they paid him but they got Quinn to stay so they must have felt that he made enough of a difference to justify whatever they had to do to keep him
If the Rams can do it surely we can .

Diehardblues

Reaction score

It has nothing to do with superior fandom.

Troy isn’t a superior fan to Michael. I just prefer and trust Troys perspective more. A cheerleader is last fan I’d trust cause they cheer on almost everything.

And that’s fine . We need cheerleaders. Just please don’t sit in front of me.

And yes, some of us take it more seriously. Why does that bother the more casual fans so much?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well, your pretty dumb if you really think that. Maybe you should find another team to talk trash about if you don't like our team.
Because I don’t abandon my local team like all these wagon fans around the country. For better or worse until death parts. That’s what Diehards do.

And i love our franchise. I just hate our ownership. And why the Cowboys are the most beloved franchise in Dallas/ Ft Worth but Jethro is most hated sports personality.