Not open for further replies.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yes but Cobb will secure the rock. With a speed burner you take a high risk on a guy not securing the ball. One hit...its a fumble. Cobb is built like a RB and can take a hit and secure the ball. Im willing to sacrifice some speed.

Again, he's barely played there in four years. Those days are long past.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
keep in mind, when we lost Beasley, we lost our punt returner. He was very sure handed. We must find that guy who will secure the ball. I think that's why we are very interested in Cobb. Its very important guys. We forget about things like special teams.

No we didn't. We lost our "fair catch guy".

Mr_Strol

Reaction score
yes but Cobb will secure the rock. With a speed burner you take a high risk on a guy not securing the ball. One hit...its a fumble. Cobb is built like a RB and can take a hit and secure the ball. Im willing to sacrifice some speed.

As stated earlier, he is fine as long as its a cheap deal. Hes barley above a JAG.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
but he caught it without fumbling. Are you convinced we have that guy on the roster? Me thinks Dallas isn't,nor am I.

The fact is I'm not paying significant money for someone to fair catch a football. And neither will the Cowboys.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
may be right, BUT I am telling you what the FO is thinking...not myself. In their minds, it may just work. Even if for a short time. This is 1 risk I agree with.

I'm convinced we will sign a FA S AND draft one. Same with DT and DE. I still believe the positions targeted in FA will be the targets in the draft. I probably sound like a cracked record. Speaking of which, I have a new vinyl turntable and the safety switch is on

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Beasley more productive over the past three years:

https://www.pro-football-reference....toyear_2=2018&player_id2=BeasCo00&idx=players

And likely more healthy too.

And if that's the case with a passer like Aaron Rodgers, what should you expect playing with a passer like Dak Prescott?
Brother, that is what you call umm kinda bad reading.
Cobb was actually superior per game and especially in the playoffs.
Cobb did miss 10 more games and he had a very weak 2018 so one year trend isn't good.

As to the Rodgers stuff, Cole Beasley's best ever year BY FAR was with Dak Prescott.
If he vastly improved from Romo to Dak I'd say we ought not to say such snarky things.

Truth is both players are older kinda meh guys long term.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm saying a part of the reason why they got more passes is because their skill and abilities allowed them to get open more than their counterparts. And quarterbacks prefer to throw to the open guy.

Whereas Randall Cobb's numbers have continued to decline for three to four years now. Despite playing with one of the NFL's very best passers.

I hope that clears things up for you.
Lol - so now you are saying Cobb lost targets because of how outstanding Adams and Nelson were ..... which is exactly what I’ve said all along and you have been arguing with me about. And, again, Beasley would have lost targets to Adams and Nelson too had he been a Packer, or had they been Cowboys.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol - so now you are saying Cobb lost targets because of how outstanding Adams and Nelson were ..... which is exactly what I’ve said all along and you have been arguing with me about. And, again, Beasley would have lost targets to Adams and Nelson too had he been a Packer, or had they been Cowboys.

Or he wouldn't have had a quarterback that could actually have gotten him the ball and thrived?

But no, I'm sure it could have only gone the way you think it would.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
FWIW this would be a typical DAL signing of a proven vet stop gap to go draft.
If draftee hits the signee will drift off into retirement.
But it allows team to not reach on draft day.

Rayman70

Reaction score
No, you're telling us how you're thinking about it. Not "the FO".
maybe a touch...but for the most part I am trying to look at it from their vantage point. Realistically, we lost some versatility when we lost Cole. We better replace that..and I think they are at least willing to talk to Cobb as a result.

DRella

Reaction score
I don't think Cobb is a long term solution. But still an upgrade over Beasley. Beasley is more of a short route slot. Cobb can do that and also stretch the field. We aren't expecting him to be a 1200 yard receiver as in the past. We need him to stay healthy and produce slightly more then Beasley did last season. My prediction is he can considering his run after catch capabilities are far more superior then what Beasley showed in his years at Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.