Cobb and Cowboys close to deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, your position is once Devinte Adams (and Julio Jones and Antonio Brown and Deandre Hopkins) broke out the fact those guys got more passes and others got fewer passes had nothing to do with their talent, it was actually just that the other receivers had suddenly stopped getting open as much.

I'm saying a part of the reason why they got more passes is because their skill and abilities allowed them to get open more than their counterparts. And quarterbacks prefer to throw to the open guy.

Whereas Randall Cobb's numbers have continued to decline for three to four years now. Despite playing with one of the NFL's very best passers.

I hope that clears things up for you.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You would hope that any player a team chooses to put on the field can be effective. Otherwise, why are they there?

How about the coach on the sideline? You would think they would be effective to be there.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Well, it hasn't been his last three.
:laugh:
that's correct too. Hoping he has some decent ball left in him if we sign him. I think if we limit him and keep him on a pitch count, he will last. My idea is to use him on special teams as a weapon. That's where he was best. Packers under utilized him there.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I think we need to see Wilson first. People have penciled him in and he’s not shown anything yet.

Inevitably someone will get a hamstring injury though too at some point.

I have him over Brown for a couple reasons

We all read that he was easily better than Gallup in camp, and Gallup as we saw had a solid rookie season. It'd be hard to cut someone who is so young and showed that potential.

The other is we have Wilson for three of four more years(depending on if they grant him his 1st accumulated year) on his rookie contract, while this is a contract year for Brown who has shown little to nothing in his three seasons.

Brown would have to be leaps and bounds better than Wilson for me to cut Wilson in favor of him

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that's correct too. Hoping he has some decent ball left in him if we sign him. I think if we limit him and keep him on a pitch count, he will last. My idea is to use him on special teams as a weapon. That's where he was best. Packers under utilized him there.

Not for several years now.

More evidence of declining skills.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Not for several years now.

More evidence of declining skills.
well, its a risk...but at the right price, a good risk to take.I don't think it would change our plans of drafting a slot receiver either. I been very high on Hunter Renfrow as a great fit here in round 4. A steal. Kid has hands like glue. Runs outstanding routes, just gets open in the most crucial of times. I never saw anyone cover him while at Clemson.

Status
Not open for further replies.