Cobb and Cowboys close to deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I expected a wider disparity in Beasley's favor, honestly. Cobb's per-game numbers are superior, but as you said, that's in a passing offense with Rodgers throwing the ball. I wonder what the difference is in targets over that span.

That was one thing that did stick out to me. With Rodgers passing to him, Cobb's targets were in the range of a 6 to 7 a game average.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s a little heavier and just as fast as Bease. From the games I’ve seen him play, he makes tough catches. He’s younger. He’s a playmaker IMO. A little bit more than Bease, but we’ll find out next season should he sign with the Cowboys.

Thanks for the response.

I just wanted to get the recent statistical numbers out there.

cern

Reaction score

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Beasley more productive over the past three years:

https://www.pro-football-reference....toyear_2=2018&player_id2=BeasCo00&idx=players

And likely more healthy too.

And if that's the case with a passer like Aaron Rodgers, what should you expect playing with a passer like Dak Prescott?
Whatever added production Beasley has had is only based on better health. Beasley’s cumulative stats are better because he has played 10 more games the last 3 years. That said, obviously health is important too, and while I think Cobb is at least as good, and probably a better player than Beasley, that only matters if he can stay healthy and on the field. That’s my concern.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Whatever added production Beasley has had is only based on better health. Beasley’s cumulative stats are better because he has played 10 more games the last 3 years. That said, obviously health is important too, and while I think Cobb is at least as good, and probably a better player than Beasley, that only matters if he can stay healthy and on the field. That’s my concern.

Also a little known bit of trivia is that Cobb is actually a year younger than Beasley. If you took a poll here, most people would say Cobb was five years older.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And it's a legit one, that I share. It seems that the team is currently trading "injury risk" for "cheap", especially if word of the Eric Berry visit is accurate.

He's the poster boy for injured.

As for Cobb, he's had declining stats with a far better passer than Beasley played with. That's not bashing Prescott, it's simply stating the truth. It would be foolish to expect Cobb's numbers to improve working with a lesser passer.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of those three seasons, Cobb was injured last year. In 2016 and 2017 he had 60 and 66 catches and in the 66 catch season, Rodgers missed more than half the season.

Great, so does being injury prone make things look better?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Great, so does being injury prone make things look better?

The flip side of that argument is that Cobb has taken way more punishment playing on the outside. Put Beasley on the outside in GB and he would have a ton of injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.