Coby Fleener?

jday

Reaction score
I think they try to get a guy that used to play for the Chargers !!!!
For some time now the Cowboys have been making a concerted effort to get younger. If they were to go after Gates, that would render drafting Dalton Schultz pointless. Gates would be a progress stopper for what we already have. I can't see it...but that's just me.

dallasdave

Reaction score
For some time now the Cowboys have been making a concerted effort to get younger. If they were to go after Gates, that would render drafting Dalton Schultz pointless. Gates would be a progress stopper for what we already have. I can't see it...but that's just me.
Hey ,have 3 young TE's but 1 go to guy, rem. Dallas is only a season away from 13 and 3. Gates could be the guy to catch the pass that wins em the Super Bowl. With 3 young studs in tow, Dallas still develops TE position.

dallasdave

Reaction score
By the way ,I like the youth movement. :dance:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I get what some are saying about the concentrated youth movement but the team was also counting on Witten this year.

Look at it this way. Jason Witten is 36, Coby Fleener is 29.

Youth movement intact.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I might actually think about Brent Celek. He's a Vet guy and we need somebody who has been through the wars IMO. A short deal, if reasonable, might be the best thing for us right now. We need experience way more then we need potential at the position, right now, IMO.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get what some are saying about the concentrated youth movement but the team was also counting on Witten this year.

Look at it this way. Jason Witten is 36, Coby Fleener is 29.

Youth movement intact.

A youth movement doesn't mean throwing everyone to the curb that's over a certain age, it just means that as we replace players we prefer to do it with younger players. They likely wouldn't have moved on from Romo had the injuries not started coming one after the other, and they aren't going to push Sean Lee off the team either.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It may have zero to do with Fleener, but there is the distinct chance our starting TE might be on someone else's roster right now.

^^this ...said the same thing. Just can't see them trust the season 4-5 players with a total what 1-2 games experience. Jason Witten took a lot playbook with him into retirement.

Knotamus

Reaction score
None of out TEs have done anything close to Fleener

First, you can’t make a ridiculous statement, like the one above, ab the current TEs we have.. I’m not even sure Dallas knows what type of TEs we have. Witten didn’t allow other TEs a chance and played 98% of the offensive plays. But thanks for the presumptuous insight.

Second, Coby Fleener is the definition of a jag. His best year would be Wittens worst.. and that’s with Drew Brees and (college besty) Andrew Luck throwing him the ball. He hasn’t played a full season during his 6 year career. Move on.

My point from the beginning is.. Dallas has talent at the TE position. They’ve proved in the past they have an eye for how TEs play(see the many drafted players that’s moved on to have decent careers..some better than Fleener). As my original post stated.. our current TEs deserve a chance to play, instead of just signing a high priced veteran bc you recognize the name. :confused:

tm1119

Reaction score
First, you can’t make a ridiculous statement, like the one above, ab the current TEs we have.. I’m not even sure Dallas knows what type of TEs we have. Witten didn’t allow other TEs a chance and played 98% of the offensive plays. But thanks for the presumptuous insight.

Second, Coby Fleener is the definition of a jag. His best year would be Wittens worst.. and that’s with Drew Brees and (college besty) Andrew Luck throwing him the ball. He hasn’t played a full season during his 6 year career. Move on.

My point from the beginning is.. Dallas has talent at the TE position. They’ve proved in the past they have an eye for how TEs play(see the many drafted players that’s moved on to have decent careers..some better than Fleener). As my original post stated.. our current TEs deserve a chance to play, instead of just signing a high priced veteran bc you recognize the name. :confused:

If the players are on your favorite team they must be good enough....

Fleener isn't getting squat for guaranteed $ at this point. Why would you not wan't to bring him in? Aside from whatever happened last year, when healthy he has proven to be a productive pass catcher. What is wrong with competition? Right now we have the measuring stick of Jeff Swaim as far as proven talent competing at TE. Bring Fleener in and lets see if Rico is for real. Let them compete for the pass catcher roll that won't be a starter anyway. If Rico is for real and earns the job, fantastic, it costs us nothing besides probably like $500K of Jerry's money. Jarwin, Schultz, and Swaim all compete for the other 2 spots, 1 being the starter.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I might actually think about Brent Celek. He's a Vet guy and we need somebody who has been through the wars IMO. A short deal, if reasonable, might be the best thing for us right now. We need experience way more then we need potential at the position, right now, IMO.
:clap::clap::clap: