Cole Beasley is a now a rapper?

John813

Reaction score
FWIW Jarvis Landry said something about rapping in the offseason. Of course some Dolphin fans questioned his "desire" while others didn't really care.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Does his bustling music career explain his below average play this year?

After his below-average play this year, I'm thinking he's making sure he has a fall-back career.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I wonder if there would be the same uproar here if he were competing in golf tournaments. Dude is entitled to dabble in the arts a little.

Umm ... Romo?

How many times did we hear here that he should be focusing on football instead of golf in the offseason?

The Natural

Reaction score
Almost never but if you really watch the game the wideouts don't get open. Route combos are a problem but the players don't separate. Dak does throw a good deep ball. In my opinion Dak's season turned down after the beating he took vs. Atlanta. That was 100pct on the coaches.
So we almost never throw deep and apparently have a QB that doesnt throw a good deep ball anyway. It doesnt sound like adding guys who "get open" deep should be a priority.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Not sure I see the problem.....it's offseason. Many players dabble in other things during offseason. Whether golfing, community service, going back to school, whatever. As long as they stay out of trouble, what do we expect? Remember these are kids with ton energy, time and money.........heck I'd probably do the same thing.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure I see the problem.....it's offseason. Many players dabble in other things during offseason. Whether golfing, community service, going back to school, whatever. As long as they stay out of trouble, what do we expect? Remember these are kids with ton energy, time and money.........heck I'd probably do the same thing.

Right and they do have a day off during the season to relax, do what they like. Just like many have the weekends off or a day somewhere off of their jobs.
Anyone here think about their jobs, or study what thy plan to do when the work weeks starts when they get back to work? I bet not. Maybe a few workaholics, but the majority. No they don't.

However, people throw stones all the time as the judge others.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Right and they do have a day off during the season to relax, do what they like. Just like many have the weekends off or a day somewhere off of their jobs.
Anyone here think about their jobs, or study what thy plan to do when the work weeks starts when they get back to work? I bet not. Maybe a few workaholics, but the majority. No they don't.

However, people throw stones all the time as the judge others.

Let them have fun ..........not sure 99% of us wouldn't do the same. Like I said before, key is to stay out of trouble.......

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Amazing. Maybe if he focused more on football he wouldn't have had such a down year. I am all for Switzer replacing him. In my opinion, Dez, Brice and Beasley are 3 receiver slots that should be filled with a new player. Guys that can run routes, get open deep, block, and really change the outcome of the game. The Dallas receiving corps was really bad this year. Blame the QB and the OC but the players themselves are accountable as well.

Oh no!! Someone has a personal life outside of football! Good grief. This whole narrative of any time an athlete does anything outside of sports that they should stop that and focus more on sports is ridiculous. Yet all the 'regular' people have jobs, hobbies, families, etc. And function just fine. But society sees athletes as robots that should only dance for us and not have any kind of life outside of sports.