Cole Beasley next?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dont be shocked if he’s the next out the door.

He expressed frustration with the offense and they already drafted his replacement.

Hurns is also a slot guy.

Fine with me. I never understood the fascination with Beasley, anyway.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

He expressed frustration with the offense and they already drafted his replacement.

Hurns can play anywhere.

Beasley isn't going anywhere.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Beasley is a prime candidate to get traded but he won’t be cut
He’s a free agent next year, saves 3 mil and he has some trade value
Pkg him and some later picks and add a second
We need the pick so we might get one decent defensive draft pick

Agree somewhat......Beasley is only a year removed from being Dak's leading receiver. Think may wanna re-establish that connection coz Dak's comfort zone. Beasley was Witten's version to Romo. Just me but I think he stays. TWill is the one most vulnerable to me. I know he still has guaranteed money level but it's only what $3-4M?

conner01

Reaction score
Agree somewhat......Beasley is only a year removed from being Dak's leading receiver. Think may wanna re-establish that connection coz Dak's comfort zone. Beasley was Witten's version to Romo. Just me but I think he stays. TWill is the one most vulnerable to me. I know he still has guaranteed money level but it's only what $3-4M?
I think his injury kills much trade value
I get your point on Beasley but with the exception of a guy on a rookie contract, Dlaw or Irving I think Beasley is the only non online player who has any trade value
My thought is pkg him with picks to add a second so we can still address the defense and offense
But I do see the value in keeping Beasley just hate watching players walk as he will do next year and having to pray for a comp pick

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Calvin Benjamin, zay Jones, Andre Holmes and Charles clay at TE?

Not even close.

They are definitly better than Dallas on paper atm.

Clay’s good. All those WRs are complete JAGs, one of whom just got loaded on bath salts and tried to jump out a window naked.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think his injury kills much trade value
I get your point on Beasley but with the exception of a guy on a rookie contract, Dlaw or Irving I think Beasley is the only non online player who has any trade value
My thought is pkg him with picks to add a second so we can still address the defense and offense
But I do see the value in keeping Beasley just hate watching players walk as he will do next year and having to pray for a comp pick

From what I've heard/read, lotta love for Bea in FO. Remember he initially quit and they had to talk him into coming back as a rookie. I'm guessing if he comes anywhere close being the Dak's favorite target as leading or 2nd leading receiver, they may extend him. Especially with all the new/young receivers. My point is I think Bea has a chance to be a keeper......

PUSHfold

Reaction score
If Dak's game-play is not connected to his WR performances then you must be watching another NFL where the WR's throw and catch to themselves the football!

Dak has everything to do with how our WR core performs out there!!!
So does the O-line when they pass protect...did you see how amazing our line protected our second year QB last year? Our vaunted O-line gave up twice as many sacks the second half of the season but hey it's all Dak's fault it's not like he was still in the MVP conversation 8 games in or anything....

conner01

Reaction score
From what I've heard/read, lotta love for Bea in FO. Remember he initially quit and they had to talk him into coming back as a rookie. I'm guessing if he comes anywhere close being the Dak's favorite target as leading or 2nd leading receiver, they may extend him. Especially with all the new/young receivers. My point is I think Bea has a chance to be a keeper......
You are probably right
But next year he’s then a 5 mil guy and we have so many receivers in second contracts, though one less today lol

BlindFaith

Reaction score

Depending on the guy we draft and what he shows in TC. I can see Bease being traded during camp cut downs. Maybe even after the draft. But I do think he goes.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Calvin Benjamin, zay Jones, Andre Holmes and Charles clay at TE?

Not even close.

They are definitly better than Dallas on paper atm.
Thompson alone was at least as productive as those guys while he was there.

And Thompson will be our third or fourth receiver.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
We're going to have a complete new WR corps except Witten. That's how you build a championship team.;)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

it wouldn't surprise me. but we probably can wait until after the draft. and not sure if the team feels switzer is his replacement.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Dez leaving, but keeping the body catcher is asinine over keeping Dez. He needs to be next.

Hadenough

Reaction score

Hahaha but he doesn't drop the ball as much and doesn't buck the system on the sidelines. Cole is a stand-up dude. Not some loud mouth thug.