Cole Beasley. wrong to let him go?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I know we have discussed him and his behavior before he moved on.

But he has had a very good year with 967 yards and made Allen a top level QB in 2020 helping get them into the playoffs.

Allen has certainly liked him as a Go To Guy..

So my question is did we make a mistake in trading for Cooper and us giving Cooper the money. Add to that also having to pay the big price tag to Cooper when we resigned him and trading a #1 pick to acquire him.

I liked Beasley and thought he was a stealthy weapon who made big plays when he was with us. His play in Buffalo has been impressive with Allen.

And when you factor in drafting CeeDee this year it has forced us to invest another #1 pick in him to fix Cobbs departure in 2019.

Quite a domino effect leaving me thinking we should have re-signed him thus needing not to reinvest a #1 pick in CeeDee to repair the damage at slot.

So 2 1st Rd picks in 2018 and again in 2019 that maybe should have been used on defense might have left us way better off.

But then again in the old Garrett regime, no matter what we did under Marrinelli and his limitations with Richard we could not draft defense at all (ie Trystan Hill and Taco Charlton high pick failures.)

So my point is as insistent as we all are in supporting our positions on player decisions we have made decisions that left us looking a little lacking.

Can we avoid that going forward with McCarthy?

I certainly hope so because we can not keep replacing missed players with trades and #1 picks.

And we can not win with guys like Dalton Smith and Gerald McCoy and Ha Ha Clinton Dix who are past their prime bodies to patch the mistakes.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score

But he has had a very good year with 967 yards and made Allen a top level QB in 2020 helping get them into the playoffs.

So my question is did we make a mistake in trading for Cooper and us giving Cooper the money. Add to that also having to pay the big price tag to Cooper when we resigned him and trading a #1 pick to acquire him.

I liked Beasley and thought he was a stealthy weapon who made big plays when he was with us. His play in Buffalo has been impressive with Allen.

And when you factor in drafting CeeDee this year it has forced us to invest another #1 pick in him to fix Cobbs departure in 2019.

Quite a domino effect leaving me thinking we should have re-signed him thus needing not to reinvest a #1 pick in CeeDee to repair the damage at slot.

So 2 1st Rd picks in 2018 and again in 2019 that maybe should have been used on defense might have left us way better off.

But then again in the old Garrett regime, no matter what we did under Marrinelli and his limitations with Richard we could not draft defense at all (ie Trystan Hill and Taco Charlton high pick failures.)

So my point is as insistent as we all are in supporting our positions on player decisions we have made decisions that left us looking a little lacking.

I certainly hope so because we can not keep replacing missed players with trades and #1 picks.

And we can not win with guys like Dalton Smith and Gerald McCoy and Ha Ha Clinton Did who are past their prime bodie to patch the mistakes.

Thoughts?
Money. Had to sign zeke. He's in a good place now. We have 3 outstanding wr's. Can't blame Beasley for leaving. No hometown discounts.

khiladi

Reaction score
Well Dak supporters said he made Cole and when Dak sucked in 2017 and 2018, Cole was one of their scapegoats.

Beasley’s best year here statistically in 2016 was because of Linehan. Defenses realized this and began scheming for Him and it’s not surprise Dak was throwing four pick 6s in like 4 games, before Linehan took the ball away from Dak and started feeding Zeke like 24 times a game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Beasley played with his starting QB all season. Despite playing with backup QBs for 11 games behind a make-shift OL Lamb had almost as many receiving yards as Beasley and scored one more receiving TD. After the first 5 games of the season with Dak, Lamb was on pace for over 1300 receiving yards. Dumb question!

TwentyOne

Reaction score

And we can not win with guys like Dalton Smith and Gerald McCoy and Ha Ha Clinton Dix who are past their prime bodies to patch the mistakes.

Thoughts?

The sauce wanted out of here.

A player who does not want to be here needs be to let go.

IMO Beasley is a medicore player who wanted to be overpayed.
We all should be happy that he is gone.

The Bills are successful again because they have a good management. Not because they signed Beasley.

Lets all vote to get rid of the Joneses "the U.S. losing mentallity" family and not to sing players like Beasley.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Our passing numbers dropped dramatically when Dak was injured. Like I said in my previous post Lamb was on pace for over 1300 receiving yards with Dak.