Cole Beasley. wrong to let him go?

khiladi

Reaction score
That's your perspective. I have a different one. To me, receptions are less important than what you do with the ball once you have it. Cole's best year with the Cowboys was 2016...75 receptions, 833 yards, 5 TDs In comparison to Micheal Gallups's best year so far with the Cowboys being 2019... 66 receptions, 1,107 yards, 6 TDs. Gallup does more with the ball once he has it. Like I said, leaving Dallas was good for Cole. I think he got better coaching which let to him getting better which would have never happened in Dallas.

Again, like I said Gallup is running go routes and scores on turf period. He’s extremely limited making his career off Cooper and play-action on the other side. Gallup hardly does more. He, like I said, is a completely different WR, running simplified go routes taking advantage of the man he gets on the outside with plenty of single safety. Yeah, he does that better than Cole, but he’s surely not a more diversified WR who can show up on any surface and run a wide variety of routes.

Again, your contention is that it was the coaches here as opposed to Buffalo that stymied Beasley. Now your saying Gallup scoring shows he is better.

So is the coaching that limited Beasley, the same coaching that Gallup was working with?

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Yes. He stays he proves the haters wrong. Linehan is the savior and garrett is still stacking good days at the star

khiladi

Reaction score
Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Again, like I said Gallup is running go routes and scores on turf period. He’s extremely limited making his career off Cooper on the other side.

Again, your contention is that it was the coaches here as opposed to Buffalo that stymied Beasley. Now your saying Gallup scoring shows he is better.

So is the coaching that limited Beasley, the same coaching that Gallup was working with?
Cole is in the slot, Gallup on the outside... two different uses of a WR. You are penalizing Gallup for not being in the slot. As the stats bear out, Gallup is far more efficient with what he does with the ball than Cole. Two things can be true at the same time. Cole was stifled by coaching in Dallas AND Gallup is more efficient with the ball in his hands.

khiladi

Reaction score
Cole is in the slot, Gallup on the outside... two different uses of a WR. You are penalizing Gallup for not being in the slot. As the stats bear out, Gallup is far more efficient with what he does with the ball than Cole. Two things can be true at the same time. Cole was stifled by coaching in Dallas AND Gallup is more efficient with the ball in his hands.

Gallup isn’t far more efficient. He may be far more efficient in go routes in blow out losses. Gallup runs a bunch of go routes and takes advantage on turf. That’s extremely easy to run. How come he isn’t limited by the coaching, but Beasley was here?

I’m not penalizing Gallup. I’m arguing again the position that Beasley here was a schematic issue and not the QB. Beasley had over 70 reception here in 2016, because of the coaches. His numbers here
essentially matched what Gallup did here, outside 2017 when teams waited on Beasley and Dak couldn’t adjust and was awful overall.

Mannix

Reaction score
-------We have 3 outstanding wr's.

"Outstanding" ??? I'm not sure if any of them are outstanding....I define outstanding as being a "difference maker".....for the money Cooper is being paid, I find him to be frequently disappointing.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Gallup isn’t far more efficient. He may be far more efficient in blow out losses.

I’m not penalizing Gallup. I’m arguing again the position that Beasley here was a schematic issue abd not the QB.
The way Cole was used in Dallas is different than the way he is used in Buffalo. He is a bigger part of Buffalo's offense. Coaching helps him.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I know we have discussed him and his behavior before he moved on.

But he has had a very good year with 967 yards and made Allen a top level QB in 2020 helping get them into the playoffs.

Thoughts?

Dak’s game unfortunately lacks intermediate route throw accuracy and thats why he couldn't click with him that much. Also Beasley as a wide out in the outside didnt work , he was jammed to get out on Long developing routes .Still he was good for 3 down safety net , but money was too much for that position .

khiladi

Reaction score
The way Cole was used in Dallas is different than the way he is used in Buffalo. He is a bigger part of Buffalo's offense. Coaching helps him.

The QB in Buffalo is far better than the QB in Dallas. And like I said, the same coaching in Dallas in 2016 got Beasley to well over 70 WRs. It also got him plus 60 in 2018.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The QB in Buffalo is far better than the QB in Dallas. And like I said, the same coaching in Dallas in 2016 got Beasley to well over 70 WRs. It also got him plus 60 in 2018.
Cole had fewer yards and TDs in his best year in Dallas than Gallup in his best year. Cole got better after he got away from Cowboys coaching.

khiladi

Reaction score
Cole had fewer yards and TDs in his best year in Dallas than Gallup in his best year. Cole got better after he got away from Cowboys coaching.

Cole caught more receptions with Dallas. Cole wasn’t running limited routes like Gallup is here. Cole was running more complicated routes in Dallas. Teams had to start paying attention to Cole in 2017. Teams still cover Gallup single coverage man.

Cole got better with his new QB.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Beasley caught way more than Gallup, who was our number 2 WR.

Beasley is with a better QB, period...
Beasley caught more than Gallup because Beas was in the slot and thus got more targets while Gallup is used differently playing on the outside. It's really apples and oranges. Yet Gallup scored more and had more receiving yards in his best year with the Cowboys than Beasley did.

khiladi

Reaction score
Beasley caught more than Gallup because Beas was in the slot and thus got more targets while Gallup is used differently playing on the outside. It's really apples and oranges. Yet Gallup scored more and had more receiving yards in his best year with the Cowboys than Beasley did.

Again, I said..

Beasley caught way more than Gallup, who was our number 2 WR.

Beasley is with a better QB, period...

You then asked if the stats support that. I then said that, yes the state support that. I said the following, meaning you are repeating something I already know and said way back in the very beginning:

Beasley is having a ridiculous year. He has 82 receptions and 967 yards, with 4 TDs at 11.8 yards per catch.

Gallup has 59 receptions, 5 TDs at 14.3 yards per threat. Gallup basically runs a lot of deep routes. Gallup was leading the league at 71 go routes three months ago.

Beasley is a much more diverse WR. Completely different..

One telling indicator is how much more impactful Beasley is on grass. Gallup is a big play guy, but on grass he has 7 receptions for 61 yards. I think they played a total of three games. That’s an 8.7 average for a big play guy. Gallup is 52 receptions at 782 yards at around 15 YPC. Gallup is basically getting his on faster turfs.

Beasley on the other hand is 506 yards at 42 receptions at 12 YPC. Obviously, the Bills play on grass at home, but his YPC is just as good at home.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Cole caught more receptions with Dallas. Cole wasn’t running limited routes like Gallup is here. Of your running more complicated routes, that probably indicates your coaching is better.

Cole got better with his new QB.
No doubt about it, Cole got targeted more in Dallas than Gallup has. No one is arguing that so stop repeating yourself by making that strawman argument. Gallup scored more and had more receiving yards in his best year with the Cowboys than Cole did in his best year with the Cowboys.

khiladi

Reaction score
No doubt about it, Cole got targeted more in Dallas than Gallup has. No one is arguing that so stop repeating yourself by making that strawman argument. Gallup scored more and had more receiving yards in his best year with the Cowboys than Cole did in his best year with the Cowboys.

You are the one making straw man’s. Go back and reread the thread. You asked me if the stats support the contention that Beasley catches more passes.

You’ve been trying to make excuses around that ever since that Beasley is better in Buffalo than Dallas because of coaching and not the QB.

Gallup had no bearing on this discussion, when I said from the very beginning they are completely different. The only point about Gallup is that he runs limited routes here, mainly the go route. He was basically leading the league in this BASIC ROUTE.
Beasley on the other hand ran more diversified routes.

I provided clear data that Beasley had a 70 plus reception year here which was almost equivalent to what he produced this year. But defenses adjusted and Dak completely sucked and couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. Beasley operates from the slot in Dallas and in Buffalo. You clearly think he sucked here, because of coaching. Yet, he had a 70 plus reception season. Did he suck then?

Beasley produces in relevant games from the slot with Josh Allen as QB.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You are the one making straw man’s. Go back and reread the thread. You asked me if the stats support the contention that Beasley catches more passes.

You’ve been trying to make excuses around that ever since that Beasley is better in Buffalo than Dallas because of coaching and not the QB.
1) I asked a question, I did not make an argument about it. Thank you for answering my question.

2) I then stated a fact, Gallup scored more and had more receiving yards in his best year than Beasley in his best year as a Cowboy. This was not to be confused as a rebuttal to the answer you gave me in response to the question I had previously asked. Again, thank you for answering my question. But that is apparently what YOU did, strawman.

khiladi

Reaction score
1) I asked a question, I did not make an argument about it. Thank you for answering my question.

2) I then stated a fact, Gallup scored more and had more receiving yards in his best year than Beasley in his best year as a Cowboy. This was not to be confused as a rebuttal to the answer you gave me in response to the question I had previously asked. Again, thank you for answering my question. But that is apparently what YOU did, strawman.

How can I be creating a straw man when I answered your question?

It is you that is creating the straw man, because it is you that has been trying to create some argument that Beasley is better in Buffalo than he was here, because of coaching, the same coaching that is here with Gallup.

That's apples and oranges. I'm talking about Beasley's time with the Cowboys compared to Gallup's time with the Cowboys. If you were keeping up, I've already stated Beasley got better after he left the Cowboys, which would not have happened if he stayed in Dallas... the coaching did not allow it.

It’s not even about me keeping up. You were asking me whether or not the stats support Cole catching more than Gallup. How can I keep up when you entered the conversation asking me if the stats support a claim I made, which was true?

The fact is, you tried to blame Beasley got better because the coaching didn’t allow it, though that same coaching had him with 70 plus receptions. What was the problem with coaching then when Gallup wasn’t even there? If Gallup is performing with these coaches, how did coaching not allow it here?

It’s the QB.. Gallup isn’t running complicated routes..