1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Video: Colin Cowherd on Amari Cooper Trade

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 817Gill, Oct 23, 2018.

1. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

16,072 Messages
    14,789 Likes Received
    His play has declined. You can't argue it. Declining isn't solely an age related issue. Like you said, many factors can play into it. That doesn't change the fact that his play has declined. Great players maintain that greatness in the face of the odds, they don't wilt because of it.

Hey, maybe he will figure it out and get back to where he was, but why give up such a great pick for a player whose play has declined? It's makes no sense. It's stupid. This team continues to believe that the loudest voice is the smartest.

Rayman70 likes this.
  2. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

16,072 Messages
    14,789 Likes Received
    Word. I smell what you're cooking. We're on the same page.

I was on record being cool with a second rounder, but a first just smacks of desperation. Again.

JohnnyTheFox, FTWayne and Rayman70 like this.
  3. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

17,275 Messages
    15,285 Likes Received
    Im with you on the pick we gave up. The odds are against this ending well. That said, we need to support this young man,TEAM. In spite of who the owner is.

JohnnyTheFox and texbumthelife like this.
  4. Rayman70

17,275 Messages
    15,285 Likes Received
    Yup..next to the word desperation in Websters dictionary is a pic of Jerry Jones with that **** eatin grin. LOL:oldcouple:

5. Rayman70

17,275 Messages
    15,285 Likes Received
    I love what that star on the Helmet and the one at the 50 yard line represents. This is a storied franchise that will endure even the likes of Booger and Daddy. The sun will rise in the morning as they say.

6. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

5,120 Messages
    5,151 Likes Received
    Herd, Wilbon and his crew, and several other pundits say it was a good move. They say it’s a poor draft for WRs, and that Cooper will take it least one player out of the box, helping Zeke and the run game. Sure, it might NOT work out, but several other teams were interested too, offering second rounders, and Dallas just upped the ante. Many of those complaining would be griping about NOT trading for someone! Can’t win!

7. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

17,316 Messages
    11,527 Likes Received
    Looking at the list of FAs next year and the draft I am starting to think they didn't have much of a choice other then to make a trade if they wanted to add another quality WR.

[​IMG]

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/

8. GORICO

GORICO Well-Known Member

3,483 Messages
    3,279 Likes Received
    i did see improvement from Dak's mechanics in Jaguars game..he was finally transferring weight from back to front foot before throw and not throwing off back foot.......i was pleasently surprised.....i think Dak is really trying to improve....he has gotten better at seeing the field too....these last nine games with a decent outside receiver talent to go along with Gallop and Bease and hopefully more RICO...i love me some RICO..hence my username....did you see that horrible "no call" from refs...when defender obciously was guilty of an "arm guard" foul?....that would have kept Dak from fumbling ball for Redskins scoop and score play...then refs make a phantom call on LP Ladecour....so bogus...Refs decided outcome of this game in my humlbe opinion

9. GORICO

GORICO Well-Known Member

3,483 Messages
    3,279 Likes Received
    i so so agree...i think it was a bold move to try and get Dak some weapons and also ,keep defenses from loading box....they had one time 10 in the box in Redskins game....only one safety over the top.....that is pure disrespect for cowboy passing game....everyone except cowboy coaches
    thought receiver by committee was bad idea...at least FO is trying to rectify the situation i must give them credit for that

Doomsday likes this.
  10. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    4,204 Likes Received
    Yeah I was kinda heated at first too. But with Golden Tate being the crown jewel of this free agency class, this trade makes more sense as Tate is primarily a slot guy and he’ll ask for mountains of cash from anyone who signs him.

Doomsday likes this.
  11. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

26,804 Messages
    9,849 Likes Received
    Super persuasive.
    I am feeling better about Amari.

iamliko22 and 817Gill like this.
  12. Reid1boys

Reid1boys Well-Known Member

3,119 Messages
    2,734 Likes Received
    did you not hear JG??? The dude is mater than you or me. I bet you had zero chance of getting into Princeton... I know I didnt.

13. Tussinman

Tussinman Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    Pick is kinda growing on me. Literally no high dollar free agent would ever think about coming here (even if we paid high they would take slightly less money to play on a more productive offense) so the ONLY way we can possibly get a WR is draft or trade.

Draft is too unpredictable. 10 receivers have been drafted 1st round in the last 3 years, Amari is better than 9 of them..........

Hell that local kid from Richardson JJ Pearce who went #15 (right around where the cowboys usually pick) in 2016 is currently on his 2nd practice squad this year and could be weeks away from being permanently gone from the league, that's how unpredictable WR is

The only issue I have in all of this is if no free agent wants to come here (because of Dak, Linehan, and Clapper) then why are they all currently employed ?

14. Reid1boys

Reid1boys Well-Known Member

3,119 Messages
    2,734 Likes Received
    you dont pay attention..... Cowherd says what he wants........ no matter who likes it or not. He sat right in front of TO and told TO he thought he was a baby basically. More than I can say for most people in his position.

15. ehwqkbmg

ehwqkbmg Active Member

218 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    1st round pick+Josh Gordon+Dez Bryant > Cooper and his $14M cap hit in 2019

Reid1boys likes this.
  16. pamvenus

pamvenus New Member

12 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    yimyammer and Doomsday like this.
  17. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

17,316 Messages
    11,527 Likes Received
    I am not sure that is going to change until Dak proves he can make them pay.

Hopefully having Cooper and Gallup on the outside will help them do that.

18. GORICO

GORICO Well-Known Member

3,483 Messages
    3,279 Likes Received
    mr Doomsday--- i so agree with assessment of Dak....i have studied his mechanics and throwing motion since 2016...and primarily his issue is not transferring weight from back to front foot before he throws..often he has happy feet and throws off back foot and i believe its because he is shell shocked by our under performing O line on the road and they dont protect Dak....and i sincerely believe O lines main problem is their "sucky" O line coach Alexander..i heard a Cincy beat writer say the Cincy fans were so so happy they finally got rid of Alexander ( he was their o line coach 23 years and they sucked )...now look how poorly our O line performs including veterans....Alexander made them change their blocking techniques and they dont like it is what i heard...get Alexander out of there..and our team will be much better....Dak has gotten hit and sacked so much on the road this year....but even so...he has to man up even more and keep his eyes downfield....the play he fumbled and skins scooped for easy six...Gallop was wide open for sure TD and Dak was still in clean pocket at time and had time to throw it to him...but Dak hesitated like he often does and got happy feet.....i hope he sees this when they study film....Dak's funbles cost us that game along with Refs no call on PI on Gathers and phantom foul on LP Ladecour..long snapper.....i hate to say it..but Stephen A Smith is right...cowboys are an accdient waiting to happen...lets clean it up in bye week and get Amari Cooper installed with Gallop and Beasely and Rico..Go cowboys

Doomsday likes this.
  19. FTWayne

FTWayne Well-Known Member

923 Messages
    1,086 Likes Received
    Who's this LT he was talking about? and can Dak supporters use the excuse that "Dak isn't familiar with Cooper yet. Cooper quit on routes?" :popcorn:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  20. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

7,232 Messages
    5,953 Likes Received
    Jerry isnt moving on if Dak/Garrett fall on their faces this year. Theyre here to stay.