Twitter: Colin: Gap between Dak and Dalton is not massive

Mookie

Reaction score
Dalton has been great in Dallas, however I don't know how much leverage we really have because if we don't pay Dak, somebody else most definitely will. I'm glad we signed Dalton on the off-season however, he has been amazing for us.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score

I saw this, and all I can say is Cowherd has gone from one of my favorite Talking Heads to one of my most despised Talking heads and a flat out mediot.

Idk what happened to him, but at some point over the last year, Cowherd decided to be like every other mediot and start trolling the Cowboys.

This latest bold and flat out asinine claim is the latest of his clear trolling and is so dumb it’s painful. I had to switch channels bc of how idiotic he was being.

Idc about stats- anyone who watches football can see that the gap between Dak and Dalton is worldly. It’s massive.

For Cowherd to say otherwise speaks to how far he has fallen as a Journalist/talk show host/whatever u wanna call him.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
I saw this, and all I can say is Cowherd has gone from one of my favorite Talking Heads to one of my most despised Talking heads and a flat out mediot.

Idk what happened to him, but at some point over the last year, Cowherd decided to be like every other mediot and start trolling the Cowboys.

This latest bold and flat out asinine claim is the latest of his clear trolling and is so dumb it’s painful. I had to switch channels bc of how idiotic he was being.

Idc about stats- anyone who watches football can see that the gap between Dak and Dalton is worldly. It’s massive.

For Cowherd to say otherwise speaks to how far he has fallen as a Journalist/talk show host/whatever u wanna call him.

Exactly. Dalton is accurate and Tag isn’t.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Exactly. Dalton is accurate and Tag isn’t.

I hope you’re joking? Explain to me, pretty please, how Dak has this same offense without the same starting linemen averaging 450+ yards a game and 30+ points a game while Dalton hasn’t been remotely close?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I am not pushing for or against either quarterback, but I do want to point out that video cover image compares their first four seasons.

However, that's not the Andy Dalton of today.

I would like to see a comparison of Dalton's stats the last 4 years compared to Dak's last 4 years as that would be a way more relevant comparison for their worth.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Negative Cowboys talks brings ratings and clicks. Cowturd is just trying to keep his job.

khiladi

Reaction score
I hope you’re joking? Explain to me, pretty please, how Dak has this same offense without the same starting linemen averaging 450+ yards a game and 30+ points a game while Dalton hasn’t been remotely close?

Dak has played all his games with Zach Martin playing from start to finish, so saying it’s the same starting linemen on this fact alone is completely wrong. Zach hasn’t played even close to a full game with Dalton in the line-up, when he has played. Zach Martin is, bar none, the best player on this team.

Further, Dak still has 10 plus more play action attempts than Dalton does, despite playing only five less games, so saying this is the same offense is completely wrong. In fact, Dak in terms of attempts in play action and yardage, has guys playing 9 games and 12 games respectively or vice versa, can’t remember off the top of my head, above him. The play action that Moore is employing for Andy is a lot less, and this in large part has to do with way worse blocking and Andy getting the ball out early.

Andy Dalton has a MUCH BETTER TD to INT ratio in the red-zone in less completions and better completion percentage, with worse blocking, than Dak. Andy has 10 TDs to 2 INTs, while Dak has 3 TDs and 1 INT.

Dak is also way more efficient in the fourth quarter when the game is in the fourth quarter within seven.

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
Have to look at the comparison in terms of the teams they played against as wel....

khiladi

Reaction score
These stats can’t be correct either, because Dak has 4 INTs this year and has played five games. They actually gave Dak less INTs.

And as an aside, 3 of the 4 INTs, were when Dallas was behind 1 to 8 points, meaning the game was tight. Dalton on the other hand has 5 TDs and 1 INT in this situation.

Dak’s TOs were contributing to opposition building up significant leads. He also had 3 fumbles in 5 games. Dalton has 2 fumbles in 10 games.

Dak. only threw 4 passes when above 9 points, meaning Dak’s numbers were never when ahead. Dalton on the other hand is 19 of 28 when up by 9-16 points, meaning when Dallas is winning big and the games are essentially over, his stats drop. I mean Dalton and Moore could pad stats if they wanted, but there is no need taking risks. It’s all about burning time off the clock and preventing TOs.