Twitter: Colin - Hard to evaluate Dak

Qcard

Reaction score
fwiw
Marshawn Lynch WAS Beast Mode. Not a combo....they were one in the same.
that's what I meant....Lynch was a one man RB Combo. I haven't played Madden since 1996 so I am pretty sure beast mode is unstoppable :thumbup:

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Just Facts.........we all know Coaching DOESN'T play a FACTor

Bill Cowher, Pete Caroll and Mike Tomlin....

do you still want to play this game

Again........I will omit my consistent commentary in fear breaking forum rules:p

Is there an excuse you guys won't use for Dak? If it's not coaching it's dropped passes, if it's not that is that he had no WR if it's not that it's Tyron Smith was hurt, if it's not that he played hurt. The only good thing about all those excuses is that they are running out. Good thing Troy Aikman and the rest of the Cowboys never let an incompetant Barry Switzer get in the way of them winning a 3rd SB...i guess elite talent (Troy) always rises to the top and that is something that bus driver talent (Dak) will never be able to do unless everything around him is perfect

once Again........I will omit my consistent commentary in fear breaking forum rules....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Swagger

Reaction score
so you are saying with a mixed bag of talent and a horrendous coaching staff Dak achieved a Exclusive Franchise Tag worth $31.4M

Like I said if you judge Dak over a 4 year span (51 games)....there is no question he hasn't over performed

"A mixed bag of talent"

Let's just set this out...

Three All pro lineman in the oline for three of the four years including left tackle for all four years. Two of those three lineman including the left tackle will likely end up in the Hall of Fame. Collins looks another perennial All Pro lineman in the making.

Zeke Elliott as Running Back all four seasons and never missed a game through injury. Some might claim Henry but Zeke has arguably been the best ground and pound RB in the league over the past four years, he's excellent at blocking and better at receiving than some give him credit.

Dez Bryant all pro in 2014. Pro Bowl in 2016. He got far too much blame for the lack of chemistry with Prescott. Watch the film of every ball thrown his way by Prescott and it simply wasn't mostly on Bryant who actually did a great job of playing cornerback some of the time!

Amari Cooper Pro Bowl 2018 and 2019. Not too shabby for yet another first round pick invested in this offense.

Jason Witten former All Pro and a candidate for future of Hall of Fame gave two quality years to Prescott including reaching the Pro Bowl in 2017.

That's more than a mixed bag of talent. Multiple first round picks invested every year and the majority of resources spunked on the offense.

Compare that with what Sam Darnold has had over the past two seasons and is Adam Gase on a different level to Jason Garrett... You make out as though Prescott played like he has in the Jets offense over the past four years.

Has Prescott overachieved for being a 4th round draft pick? Of course he has but regardless of questionable coaching this offense has been absolutely loaded make no mistake about that.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
oh, yeah, lets listen to Colin who has been wrong most often than not on many things....he is a radio personality head, that needs to generate headlines so he can get clicks and ratings....right now Dak is hot topic, so he is piggy backing...given there is no other sports news really, they have to fill airtime with something to keep people interested...

colin sucks, even when he was giving cowboys positive news....not a guy I ever listen to or put any credence behind is opinion...
Wrong sir.

Joy Taylor is the star of the program.

Much easier on the eyes.

:thumbup:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Is there an excuse you guys won't use for Dak? If it's not coaching it's dropped passes, if it's not that is that he had no WR if it's not that it's Tyron Smith was hurt, if it's not that he played hurt. The only good thing about all those excuses is that they are running out. Good thing Troy Aikman and the rest of the Cowboys never let an incompetant Barry Switzer get in the way of them winning a 3rd SB...i guess elite talent (Troy) always rises to the top and that is something that bus driver talent (Dak) will never be able to do unless everything around him is perfect

once Again........I will omit my consistent commentary in fear breaking forum rules....:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Quite.

No.

Here's the next excuse for Dak.

He will be paid too much money in 2020 and he will have too much talent around and it interferes with his singular talent.

Therefore we need to trade some of our WRs and OL to simplify things so Dak can improve.

What a concept. Oh..

we need to pay Daks 2nd and 3rd year contracts both in his second year to make up for Dak playing for slave wages his first 4 years.

This according to the great Micharl Irvin.

This all just gets to be a joke.

starfan1

Reaction score
I pull for Dak at every term, but honestly, the term Trust Fund Quarterback fits pretty well. Not his fault though!
On offense at least, he has had the table set for him better than few have before him. And really, for most of 4 seasons, not just one or two.

Still hope he tears it up this year.
:flagwave:
Not his fault that he's had it better than guys like Stafford in Detroit his entire career (except for 1 stud WR) or Tannehill had it in Miami, or Rodgers even (not a single 1st round RB or WR..ever) , or Wilson, or Allen in Buffalo, Jones in NY, or any Jags QB (lol), etc etc, etc, etc.
We’re four years into it now but let’s not forget this team was set up for Romo not Dak . He was 3rd in the depth chart

now he’s not taken full advantage but he has plenty of people on board the sinking ship that has contributed to the failures

mainly the coaching staff .

Qcard

Reaction score
Is there an excuse you guys won't use for Dak?
Is there a myth you guys won't create against Dak?

If it's not coaching
Just Facts

Rational Fans know Coaching matters.

it's dropped passes,

Just Facts

Rational Fans know Excuting matters
if it's not that is that he had no WR
Just Facts

Rational Fans know WR by Committee was stupid Philosophy.... Talent Matters

if it's not that it's Tyron Smith was hurt, if it's not that he played hurt.
Just Facts

Rational Cowboy Fans know that losing your Franchise LT matters
The only good thing about all those excuses is that they are running out.
Wrong.....The only good thing is that Dak keeps destroying your myths....Times running out??? Time revealed an exclusive Franchise Tag level value....No excuses there!!!

Good thing Troy Aikman and the rest of the Cowboys never let an incompetant Barry Switzer get in the way of them winning a 3rd SB...i guess elite talent (Troy) always rises to the top and that is something that bus driver talent (Dak) will never be able to do unless everything around him is perfect
Finally.....Dak Hater @Northern_Cowboy hate comes spewing out...

Let's take a look at that Troy Aikman Carry team Myth:

1.Troy carried a Dynasty loaded with a plethora of HOFers,

2. built on arguably the greatest trade ever,

3.Coachedy Jimmy Johnson and

4. Buffered by a HOF Owner...looks like everything was "perfect" around Troy....:lmao2:

Shocker the Cowboys organization built a jurgenaut around the best player in the draft...

I guess Dak couldn't carry the team built for an undrafted QB free agent Romo...smh:facepalm:
..... seriously dumb "carry myth logic."

Let me get my Minions to destroy this myth...TV needs new dumb debates

So, I will include my consistent commentary by dropping Facts...

Let's see what some guy name Troy Aikman has to say about Bus Driver Dak whom needs everything perfect around him..

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...-prescott-and-the-dallas-cowboys-will-pay-him

"What (you are) talking about with regard to me, I feel the same way about Dak,'' Aikman said, reflecting on my view of his greatness being the result of his sacrifices. "I think he's a very unselfish player. I wouldn’t say that about everybody; he only wants to win.

"I saw (linebacker) Lee out here the other day in Santa Barbara (Calif.), and we got to talking about Dak, and I said, 'Is there something I’m missing about this guy? Because I love him?''

"And Sean said he a huge fan as well, and that everybody in that (Cowboys) locker room is.''

Said Aikman: 'Dak truly doesn’t care about his stats. He just wants to win, he’s a leader, his teammates love him. ... So, I would pay him. He's going to get paid.''

Dak Hater @Northern_Cowboy ... Come out and plaaaaayyy!!!:dance:o_O

Get your "like received" crew too...

I will include my consistent Dak Hater busting grooves

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Just Facts

Just Facts

Just Facts

Just Facts

Wrong.....The only good thing is that Dak keeps destroying your myths....Times running out??? Time revealed an exclusive Franchise Tag level value....No excuses there!!!

4. Buffered by a HOF Owner...looks like everything was "perfect" around Troy....:lmao2:

Shocker the Cowboys organization built a jurgenaut around the best player in the draft...

I guess Dak couldn't carry the team built for an undrafted QB free agent Romo...smh:facepalm:

Let's see what some guy name Troy Aikman has to say about Bus Driver Dak whom needs everything perfect around him..

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...-prescott-and-the-dallas-cowboys-will-pay-him

"What (you are) talking about with regard to me, I feel the same way about Dak,'' Aikman said, reflecting on my view of his greatness being the result of his sacrifices. "I think he's a very unselfish player. I wouldn’t say that about everybody; he only wants to win.

"I saw (linebacker) Lee out here the other day in Santa Barbara (Calif.), and we got to talking about Dak, and I said, 'Is there something I’m missing about this guy? Because I love him?''

"And Sean said he a huge fan as well, and that everybody in that (Cowboys) locker room is.''

Said Aikman: 'Dak truly doesn’t care about his stats. He just wants to win, he’s a leader, his teammates love him. ... So, I would pay him. He's going to get paid.''

OMG Prescotts PR dept must really pay well.....LOL...At this rate write a book about Prescott.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Joe Montana and Steve Young never lacked for weapons in San Francisco. I suppose that means we should question their Hall of Fame credentials.
how could you Dak one payoff win , those guys too many SBs to questions anything..hmm wow crazy logic.. Daks done squat with his weapons' outside of some stats, thats the point.. missed that of late?

..dont even try comparing SB Goats to well Dak

want another example a team ready to win with Alex Dak Smith Prescott count get it done, steps in Mahomes and hes MVP first year and sb 2nd year.. give agreat QB talent and he wins, give a good QB the same talent and it still falls short..

I lie dak but Pulaease stop making excuses those making arguments Daks had it great stepping into a team ready to win and Jerry gave the offense more stars then the defense.. I get its a team game but even Nick Foles stepped in and took a loaded team to a SB..

Dak again ONE PLAYOFF WIN..its why hes not signed yet..

Tannehill even took a talented team further and he took over mid season got hot and yes his team had a lot to do with it but he stepped up when needed to turn that season around..RT has now more playoffs wins then dak IN ONE SEASON!

Qcard

Reaction score
"A mixed bag of talent"

Let's just set this out...
This is going to be exciting........I Love Swagger Jacking

Three All pro lineman in the oline for three of the four years including left tackle for all four years. Two of those three lineman including the left tackle will likely end up in the Hall of Fame. Collins looks another perennial All Pro lineman in the making.
All Pro Linemen Myth

2016 1st Team All Pro - Zach, Tyron & Travis

2017 1st Team All Pro - Zero, Zilch & Nada

2018 1st Team All Pro - Zach Martin Only

2019 1st Team All Pro - Zach Martin Only

Profootball reference

Your All Pro Linemen 3 of 4 yr opinion is a myth..it is not factual based on NFL standards.

Only Zach has been All Pro 3 out of 4 years.

Are you claiming Pro Bowls equals 1st Team All Pro?

This is exactly why the label Dak Hater was created.

This is so disengenous.

Create a false narrative to downgrade a player.

Zeke Elliott as Running Back all four seasons and never missed a game through injury. Some might claim Henry but Zeke has arguably been the best ground and pound RB in the league over the past four years, he's excellent at blocking and better at receiving than some give him credit.
Technically wrong because Zeke did miss 8 games due to suspension either way I agree Zeke has been elite....when he finally plays into shape....when the "All Pro Linemen" 3 of 4 yrs block at All Pro Level and Linehan/Kellen advanced into the 21st century.. yep I agree Zeke has been great!!

Dez Bryant all pro in 2014. Pro Bowl in 2016. He got far too much blame for the lack of chemistry with Prescott. Watch the film of every ball thrown his way by Prescott and it simply wasn't mostly on Bryant who actually did a great job of playing cornerback some of the time!
Dez is a great WR.

Dez is to blame for Dez..

He doesn't seem to have issue with Dak....infact they appear to be off-season buddys
Amari Cooper Pro Bowl 2018 and 2019. Not too shabby for yet another first round pick invested in this offense.
Dak's Garbage stats got Amari $100M...shocker good organizations acquire / pursue elite talent...
Jason Witten former All Pro and a candidate for future of Hall of Fame gave two quality years to Prescott including reaching the Pro Bowl in 2017.
Sooooo.... what is your point? Did we expect anything else from Witten?

Are you saying Dak sucks because he couldn't get Witten to threatened any secondary beyond catch and fall down?

Witten is a HOFer....but downgrading Dak because they team couldn't expand TE role due Wittens limitations is disengenous.
That's more than a mixed bag of talent. Multiple first round picks invested every year and the majority of resources spunked on the offense.
Nope it's just that a mix bag of talent that never consistently performed to an All Pro level due to many factors but not solely Dak's fault as they Dak Haters would propose...
Compare that with what Sam Darnold has had over the past two seasons and is Adam Gase on a different level to Jason Garrett... You make out as though Prescott played like he has in the Jets offense over the past four years.
"You make out..."....
Ridiculous....I am starting fact!!! I don't have to invent myths or "make out" anything for Dak.

Rayne Dakota Prescott is an Exclusive Franchise Tag QB...no matter the myths, make outs or opinions...
Has Prescott overachieved for being a 4th round draft pick? Of course he has but regardless of questionable coaching this offense has been absolutely loaded make no mistake about that.
Let's just set this out.....

Loaded does not equal production or performance make no mistake about that

Last edited:

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

Just Facts

Just Facts

Just Facts

Just Facts

I will answer this entire long winded post with just 3 words and a short sentence

EXCUSES,EXCUSES,EXCUSES....something you never hear being used for the Elite, Franchise guys, because in the end they usually get it done regardless of circumstance

Qcard

Reaction score
I will answer this entire long winded post with just 3 words and a short sentence

EXCUSES,EXCUSES,EXCUSES....something you never hear being used for the Elite, Franchise guys, because in the end they usually get it done regardless of circumstance
Preach Brutha!!

"Excuses are monuments of nothingness. They build bridges to nowhere. Those who use these tools of incompetence, seldom become anything but nothing at all.”
Google Time Machine

Dak Prescott: Psycology Undergrade | Masters in Workforce Leadership

Career highlights and awards
Exclusive Franchise QB Tag 2020

Please Colin....my blind eyes can't see. So hard to evaluate Dak:facepalm:

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
why do we insist on posting these know-nothing blowhards every. single. day.
cowherd knows it's too easy. he says something dumb and or controversial and cowboys fans and haters alike eat it up, and quickly. WHY. this guy isn't even trying to know what he's talking about. stop feeding trolls.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Preach Brutha!!

"Excuses are monuments of nothingness. They build bridges to nowhere. Those who use these tools of incompetence, seldom become anything but nothing at all.”
Google Time Machine

Dak Prescott: Psycology Undergrade | Masters in Workforce Leadership

Career highlights and awards
Exclusive Franchise QB Tag 2020

Please Colin....my blind eyes can't see. So hard to evaluate Dak:facepalm:

So why would a guy with all those awards need so many excuses when he doesn't succeed? Maybe cause he is a bus driver. Dak has been living off his rookie season for 4 years now.

Qcard

Reaction score
Lookb
So why would a guy with all those awards need so many excuses when he doesn't succeed? Maybe cause he is a bus driver. Dak has been living off his rookie season for 4 years now.
You call them excuses rational fans call it requirements for consistent success in the NFL...

Look in the mirror for you answer. I can't have substantive discussion created around a myth...later dude

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Ask him if Dak is sooooooo Great where is that mega-deal contract???
Jerry even paid Jaylon but he refuses to pay such a STUD QB as Prescott???
:omg:

P.S. They will soon be calling Jerry a "Hater"....Bet on it!!!!

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
We’re four years into it now but let’s not forget this team was set up for Romo not Dak . He was 3rd in the depth chart

now he’s not taken full advantage but he has plenty of people on board the sinking ship that has contributed to the failures

mainly the coaching staff .
Yes.

And the ownership.

An ownership that badly ignored the team for years as long as Romo could keep the team competitive.

Then he broke down, they cleared him off the books and made a huge number of good decisions to rebuild the team and try to get back to compete.

But now with the final building block at QB hanging in the balance it's stalled.

Like all of us, I want to believe McCarthy is going to change everything.

I am just not sure.

It took him 2 All Pro QBs over his years in GB to win 1 SB with Rodgers?

Total it took 12 years in GB?

He will not have that here.

2-3 years at the most and that All Pro QB is not ready from what I can see.

Like our team that constantly shrinks from adversity..

our QB has now developed the same afflictions.

He has not risen to overcome his obsticles..

when is that?

Has he taken us as far as he can?

Is paying him a Kings Ransom going to eliminates his obsticles and take him to the next level?

History says probably not.

People who receive large amounts of compensation usually throttle back. They are not prone to push as hard as before they got paid.

It's only human nature.

:huh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it his job, or any talking head's job to evaluate him?

Do you guys realize just how much you try and help these clowns like Bayless, Sharpe, Herd and Smith?

Can you not make points on your own and need help from these people paid for their opinions and sometimes told what that opinion will be?