Twitter: Colin - Hard to evaluate Dak

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Dak, Wentz, Goff, Jones will all be playing in this league together as the next Gen QBs going forward, long after the Brady's, Rodgers, Brees of this league are gone.
The older I get, I start to realize and respect the impact of "reality".
I don't think Jones has it though. Baker maybe can come back. Haskins i think can play along with drew lock. I got my eye on those guys.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't think Jones has it though. Baker maybe can come back. Haskins i think can play along with drew lock. I got my eye on those guys.
I think Jones can be a good QB in this league with some patience and good coaching, don't think Haskins will ever be anything and will be replaced soon, Lock has a chance with the way Denver is drafting and surrounding him with weapons, much like Dak.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I think Jones can be a good QB in this league with some patience and good coaching, don't think Haskins will ever be anything and will be replaced soon, Lock has a chance with the way Denver is drafting and surrounding him with weapons, much like Dak.
All that weapons talk is crap to me. Every good QB in history has had weapons. Haskins can play i'm telling you. Gruden didn't like haskins and put him on the back burner his rookie year. Look at the last few games of the year haskins started to get some confidence and get comfortable. I think even in preseason haskins was playing with the 3rd stringers. draft a player 17th overall to not play him over case freakin keenum. Then give him his first start on a short week against a top 10 defense in buffalo. Its like the coaches were trying to screw him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He didn't get a lot of love but Kyler Murray quietly had himself a pretty impressive season. I am eating a plate full of crow in that too because I predicted his game wouldn't translate to the NFL but his accuracy, especially on the run is impressive.

These baseball guys like Wilson, Mahomes and Murray are really showing something and they all have that same quick release delivery like a short stop.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
He didn't get a lot of love but Kyler Murray quietly had himself a pretty impressive season. I am eating a plate full of crow in that too because I predicted his game wouldn't translate to the NFL but his accuracy, especially on the run is impressive.

These baseball guys like Wilson, Mahomes and Murray are really showing something and they all have that same quick release delivery like a short stop.
In 4 seasons Carson Wentz has ZERO playoff wins, 48 regular season fumbles. He is 7-20 vs teams over 500. He has no heart no desire to win. His teammates hate him. He has started 5-6 in 3 of his first 4 seasons. Eagles are 24-6 in their last 30 games with Nick Foles

Murray I feel can play but I need to see a little more. I wasn't too high on him coming out either.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you think wentz is better than dak I can't help you.
I didn't ask for help, I haven't decided which I think is better except in the durability department and it's no contest there and that is important. But when he's 100% healthy, Wentz is a lot better than the Cowboys fans here give him credit for unless they're a Dakater.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I didn't ask for help, I haven't decided which I think is better except in the durability department and it's no contest there and that is important. But when he's 100% healthy, Wentz is a lot better than the Cowboys fans here give him credit for unless they're a Dakater.
In 4 seasons Carson Wentz has ZERO playoff wins, 48 regular season fumbles. He is 7-20 vs teams over 500. He has no heart no desire to win. His teammates hate him. He has started 5-6 in 3 of his first 4 seasons. Eagles are 24-6 in their last 30 games with Nick Foles

cern

Reaction score

i thought the same of murray, originally. but he finished up looking very good. he'll be a lot better than baker mayfield.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Murray I feel can play but I need to see a little more. I wasn't too high on him coming out either.
I'd like to see him more as well, he got the least amount of coverage of any #1 pick I've ever seen.

One thing I noticed that he carried from OU to AZ, he's deadly at hitting a receiver and sending him down the field in stride. Most young QB's are more fixed position on the receiver when they first get to the NFL but he just brought his game with him.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I'd like to see him more as well, he got the least amount of coverage of any #1 pick I've ever seen.

One thing I noticed that he carried from OU to AZ, he's deadly at hitting a receiver and sending him down the field in stride. Most young QB's are more fixed position on the receiver when they first get to the NFL but he just brought his game with him.
Yup and some games you did see limitations due to his size. Had the 3rd most amount of balls batted down at the LOS. You also hope his small frame can hold up

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't get to see much of Jones at Duke, because he doesn't play basketball, but the times I saw him, he made some impressive plays.

I agree and think the Skins go back to the QB well and they might just try to get into the Lawrence/Fields sweepstakes. Both of those QB's could have seasons that give quite a few teams pause about their present QB's. However, both have also been surrounded by 5 star talent for their entire college careers.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup and some games you did see limitations due to his size. Had the 3rd most amount of balls batted down at the LOS. You also hope his small frame can hold up
His quickness will aid him in avoiding the big hit but he's going to have to go the Wilson route on creating his own throwing lanes. Brees does his by standing on his tiptoes and peeking over the LOS and that makes me laugh every time I see it. He's the only one I have ever seen do that. Tarkenton used to drop deeper for a better view and give the DE's a better angle at him and thereby created "the scramble".

pansophy

Reaction score
Lol!!! He's just as clueless as the detractors. Talks outta his butt with know football knowledge, other than that of a casual fan. No wonder you quote him.
Hard to argue that Dak was solid without Zeke and Smith year 2, or Amari year 3.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That's the World we live in though, good news isn't click worthy
so true, it is all negative , and dirty laundry. I stopped watching the news 20 years ago.
I watched a few of those espn shows, and quickly saw that they were just formula shows, designed to keep people watching.
There used to be a show with a former KC QB as host, and that was pretty good.

Reactions: G2

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yes. He is more consistent than watson. Dak has had a better run game but watson has had Dhop to bail him out for his entire career. IDK why ppl sleep on the weapons that Watson has had on the outside. Dak did benefit from a better O line. but Watson benefited from a better defense that put his offense in better field position. Watson still tends to hold the ball a little longer than I would like. TBH those 2 can be interchanged I like both if it makes you feel better.
I just don't think Watson has had a line or great run game most of his career.
Dude is running for his life half the time.
Just seems to me that he has to carry the offense much more. But yes, he has had good WRs.

No big deal. I was just curious what your thoughts were

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm not a huge Cowherd fan but on the face of the statement in the OP, I agree.

Dak is hard to evaluate and you don't have to take my word for it, you can look to what PFF said about the analytics. They too said that Dak was difficult to evaluate. I think I would agree with that assertion.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I just don't think Watson has had a line or great run game most of his career.
Dude is running for his life half the time.
Just seems to me that he has to carry the offense much more. But yes, he has had good WRs.

No big deal. I was just curious what your thoughts were

Would be interesting to see what a Watson could do behind a line like we have here in Dallas. I agree DFW.