Twitter: Colin - Hard to evaluate Dak

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd like to see him more as well, he got the least amount of coverage of any #1 pick I've ever seen.

One thing I noticed that he carried from OU to AZ, he's deadly at hitting a receiver and sending him down the field in stride. Most young QB's are more fixed position on the receiver when they first get to the NFL but he just brought his game with him.

It's called ACCURACY something our QB lacks game in game out!!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Would be interesting to see what a Watson could do behind a line like we have here in Dallas. I agree DFW.
Let's see this year with an improved O line but now no Dhop. Ppl underrate Dhop he's easily top 3 wr in the league consistently even with bad qb play b4 watson. Dak might have had a good line in 2016 but since then it hasn't even been top 10. And dak's weapons at receiver that includes te hasn't been close to watson's tbh. IDK how ppl forget the disaster that was wr by committee

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Let's see this year with an improved O line but now no Dhop. Ppl underrate Dhop he's easily top 3 wr in the league consistently even with bad qb play b4 watson. Dak might have had a good line in 2016 but since then it hasn't even been top 10. And dak's weapons at receiver that includes te hasn't been close to watson's tbh. IDK how ppl forget the disaster that was wr by committee

I don't think I would agree with that. I think they played well last year, with the exception of FredBeard. He, to me, had a down year and it effected the interior line play IMO. We disagree here. I think Dak has had really strong Offensive weapons, in comparison to most QBs. Certainly in comparison to most young QBs but as you say, we'll see.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don't think I would agree with that. I think they played well last year, with the exception of FredBeard. He, to me, had a down year and it effected the interior line play IMO. We disagree here. I think Dak has had really strong Offensive weapons, in comparison to most QBs. Certainly in comparison to most young QBs but as you say, we'll see.
cowboys o line was good last year but not like 2016 in terms of pass pro

Reactions: G2

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
cowboys o line was good last year but not like 2016 in terms of pass pro

I don't agree. Leary and Free, to me, were not better, then Williams and Collins last year. The Fredbeard of 2016 was better then last years version and that Smith was probably a bit better but the difference was not much, to me.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don't agree. Leary and Free, to me, were not better, then Williams and Collins last year. The Fredbeard of 2016 was better then last years version and that Smith was probably a bit better but the difference was not much, to me.
who are you?

GMO415

Reaction score
It's been proven....all this Dal coverage is for ratings.

pansophy

Reaction score
But can't the same be said for Aikman without Novacek and Irvin?
For sure. On the thread that asked who would you bench of our historic QBs, I actually said Aikman if our OL was crap.

I think Dak turned the corner with his new throwing motion. Not easily replaced. Just don’t like it when there are claims that he is top 5 or bottom 15. I usually argue against both of those.

CoachD

Reaction score
Jimmy Garropolo has gotten his team to the SB Dak has not....seems to me like Colin is more right than wrong

Oh so you evaluate a quarterback and make that kind of statement after the players first NFL start, ok we'll go with what Colin said then. Man I tell ya pathetic comes in bunches!

Bennie

Reaction score
Dak will be fine this year. Dallas has the 3rd easiest schedule.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh so you evaluate a quarterback and make that kind of statement after the players first NFL start, ok we'll go with what Colin said then. Man I tell ya pathetic comes in bunches!

Huh? When Dak at least wins a divisional game we can talk, until then he is not even in the conversation. Give me Jimmy G any day of the week

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Lookb

You call them excuses rational fans call it requirements for consistent success in the NFL...

Look in the mirror for you answer. I can't have substantive discussion created around a myth...later dude

An excuse is something somebody uses when he/they needs a reason to explain why things didn't work out. Dak has an excuse for everyday of the week, not once and awhile but for everything

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
In the past, Mike McCarthy's passing scheme has utilized a West Coast Offense.

I've always felt as though that'd favor Dak's game. Perhaps we'll see about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: G2

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
In the past, Mike McCarthy's passing scheme has utilized a West Coast Offense.

I've always felt as though that'd favor Dak's game. Perhaps we'll see about that.
When I think of Dak..

I think of him as a thrower.

Not a passer.

He still reminds me of a guy who waits until the guy is open..then throws to that spot.

Most college QBs are like that.

Dak has trouble throwing receivers open. Leading them is not his strength.

He also short arms the ball. Ends up I'm the dirt too often.

B/w that and the drops..its where he needs the most improvement.

Also plays changed at the LOS and it just ends up being too often he changes a play to Zeke in to b/w the tackles.

To me, if you are going to change a play..

make it a downfield play and make it count.

That was a Romo trademark.