Colin: Were the Cowboys a deceiving 12-5 last season?

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Not every 12-5 team is legit. You’re only as good as the competition you face. We had a winning record against non-playoff teams and losing record against playoff teams.
You're talking about every team in the NFL ace...........

Carson

Reaction score
We never looked like a 12-5 team last season which is why we got manhandled by the sixth seed in the playoffs at home. You’re not always what your record says you are. We had a winning record against non playoff teams with average QBs and we had a losing record against playoff teams.
The same team that we lost to, beat Rodgers in Green Bay in the snow. They were an easy dropped pick from going to the super bowl.

They were the hot team late and outside of the Rams, nobody stood a chance.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Colin is correct about McCarthy, and correct about Dak.

12 wins is a significant accomplishment though. Can't just write that off to an easy schedule.

I think the Cowboys defense will be even better this season. If the O-line can rise to the occasion, this team could make some noise.

ESisback

Reaction score
Not every 12-5 team is legit. You’re only as good as the competition you face. We had a winning record against non-playoff teams and losing record against playoff teams.

You guys just enjoy crying and being miserable.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You're talking about every team in the NFL ace...........

There were six teams with 12 or more wins last season and the Cowboys only beat one real good QB, Justin Herbert. They were 3-5 against playoff teams. They lost to two QBs last season that have been replaced as starters Teddy Bridgewater and Jimmy G.

Reaction score
There were six teams with 12 or more wins last season and the Cowboys only beat one real good QB, Justin Herbert. They were 3-5 against playoff teams. They lost to two QBs last season that have been replaced as starters Teddy Bridgewater and Jimmy G.
That Denver game last year was embarrassing

ESisback

Reaction score
He likes to point to the easy ride in the NFCE, but no mention of Goat Boys’ easy ride in the ‘00’s in the AFCE.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The same team that we lost to, beat Rodgers in Green Bay in the snow. They were an easy dropped pick from going to the super bowl.

They were the hot team late and outside of the Rams, nobody stood a chance.

That’s no excuse for us losing at home to them. The Packers played them tougher than we did.

ESisback

Reaction score
That's because they won a bunch of Super Bowls. And beating a lot of good teams while doing so.

But if they had real competition, they don’t even make the playoffs!
I’m just providing the facts. You’re the one crying because you can’t deal with the facts.

The hardest thing to “deal with” is nonstop complainers. The fact is, you enjoy being miserable, and you think that makes you sound enlightened.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The hardest thing to “deal with” is nonstop complainers. The fact is, you enjoy being miserable, and you think that makes you sound enlightened.

I’m far from miserable you’re the one complaining. Lol You don’t have to deal with me you can put me on ignore. :thumbup:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Beating the swamp rats of the league is not the same as beating contenders. They may both count as one win, but they are not the same.

I pay more attention to how they play against good teams. Teams they may face in the playoffs. I tend to ignore beating up on the Giants or Washington twice a year. But that's just me

Thats fine but again were you decieved by it? teams who win the games they should and lose the games they should who are good make the playoffs every year..why is that deceptive....they only deceptive thing about last year was the SF record because they were injured most of the year.

Reaction score
Their competition was in the playoffs, when it mattered most.

Coward would not mention the other teams in the NFC East if the Cowboys won Super Bowls. But he does mention it because they consistently lose in the playoffs

Reaction score
Thats fine but again were you decieved by it? teams who win the games they should and lose the games they should who are good make the playoffs every year..why is that deceptive....they only deceptive thing about last year was the SF record because they were injured most of the year.
I thought they would beat the 49ers. So I guess I was deceived. Stupid me.

75boyz

Reaction score

Weird, they didn't go 6-0 over the AFCE every year. It's strange what New England's record must have been against the other 10 opponents. Against out of conference NFC teams and consistent 1st place schedule AFC foes.

Contrastly Dallas struggles to beat anyone outside the division or .500 or above.

Yeah, the whole AFC East is the reason for NE'S dominance thing is weak. There are 10(now 11) other games that they managed to do pretty good in.

Manning and Dungy's AFC South dominance was even worse but again they beat everybody. Not just their own division. The Colts had a 7 year run of "averaging" 12 reg. season wins. They weren't the playoff bully NE was but as far as regular seasons go, the Colts beat plenty of teams outside their division.

Last edited: