College Bowl thread

Rogah

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a team get so hosed on a first down call as South Carolina did on Michigan's fake punt. You could slide a calculus book between the football and the first down chain, but the ref called it a 1st down anyway! I can't stand Spurrier, but he had every right to go crazy over that one!

(While I was typing the above, the next play was a Michigan loss of 5 and fumble recovered by South Carolina, so the atrocious call doesn't matter, but I've simply never seen anything like that before.)

DFWJC

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4936621 said:
The Big Ten has a chance to get the last laugh if they go 3-0 vs. the SEC today!

Odds are the Big Ten goes 1-2 or 2-1 today vs the SEC

And Purdue did lose to Ok St by about 44 today.:eek:

Very nice win by Mich St the other day though.

DFWJC

Reaction score
How about the mightly
Conf USA:laugh2:

UCF
Tulsa
SMU
Rice

all winners by 14 points or more.

Just giving the poor guys some props.:)

reddyuta

Reaction score
Taylor Lewan a top 5 pick is getting manhandled by clowney.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Huge guts by South Carolina going for it all with the backup QB :bow:

Aikbach

Reaction score
On paper this may be the worst Rose bowl game there has ever been.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
They call this Karma chiming in. A pissed off Clowney delivers a hit for the ages immediately following a blind 1st down measurement during which the head ref called a 1st down for Michigan when it was obvious they were 2 inches short. BOOYAH

[youtubehd]W26Dcns1Mxg[/youtubehd]

GO GAMECOCK NATION!!!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4936769 said:
Huge guts by South Carolina going for it all with the backup QB :bow:

That backup QB (Dylan Thompson) could have started for most college teams this year. We're loaded at QB right now. I actually like Dylan more than Conor but it's very close. They're both very good QBs.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Bleu Star;4936923 said:
That backup QB (Dylan Thompson) could have started for most college teams this year. We're loaded at QB right now. I actually like Dylan more than Conor but it's very close. They're both very good QBs.

I didn't know you were a Gamecock fan.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
jobberone;4936930 said:
I didn't know you were a Gamecock fan.

Yessir! Huge. Although I live in FL, I try to make a home game every year.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Anyone rooting for NIU to prove they were worthy of a BCS bowl? i personally can't bring myself to care, but it is basically a victory for them if they don't get blown out by FSU.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Rogah;4936653 said:
I don't think I've ever seen a team get so hosed on a first down call as South Carolina did on Michigan's fake punt. You could slide a calculus book between the football and the first down chain, but the ref called it a 1st down anyway! I can't stand Spurrier, but he had every right to go crazy over that one!

(While I was typing the above, the next play was a Michigan loss of 5 and fumble recovered by South Carolina, so the atrocious call doesn't matter, but I've simply never seen anything like that before.)

Yep. This has been a HORRIBLE year for officials in College FB and the NFL. Just plain horrible.

And there is no player I want the cowboys to draft more than Clowney. O M FREAKING G!

They need to trade down this year, pick up another first so they have trading ammo to pick up Clowney next year. Holy crap...

DFWJC

Reaction score
Aikbach;4937474 said:
Anyone rooting for NIU to prove they were worthy of a BCS bowl? i personally can't bring myself to care, but it is basically a victory for them if they don't get blown out by FSU.

If hey were facing a high octane offense and weak D they would fare well. But FSU plays pretty serious defense, so that overmatched teams like NIU? Thet are not a bad team though.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Rack Bauer;4937674 said:
Yep. This has been a HORRIBLE year for officials in College FB and the NFL. Just plain horrible.

And there is no player I want the cowboys to draft more than Clowney. O M FREAKING G!

They need to trade down this year, pick up another first so they have trading ammo to pick up Clowney next year. Holy crap...

Did you see the GT vs USC game yesterday? The USC misses a FG and it's clear as day that is crossed in front of the upright and wasn't even close and the ref called the kick good. They reviewed and quickly fixed it, but goodness, it wasnt even close.