Video: Collins, taking control of that LG spot

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He sure did. But, that wasn't his specialty. It's like Justin Tuck said....Larry Allen would basically announce that the ball was coming his way and there was nothing you could do about it. I don't think Collins is really that type of player. Doesn't mean that's a bad thing either.

YR

Larry Allen played mind games with his opponent and intimidated them but he wasn't doing that his rookie year. Young Allen was very much so known for his ability to block out in space. It was one of the reasons why they were so confident to move him out to LT after Tui went out. He was all pro on the edge too but Madden used to highlight every second level/edge pancake Larry would make. "Well lookie here comes big ole Larry Allen and BOOM he just knocks him down. He just kinda looks at him, hitches up his pants and goes back to the huddle." "What are you going to do when you see big old Larry Allen coming around the corner?" "Well Pat he just did the smart thing which is get out of the way."

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Rookie bum-rushed two All-Pro/Pro Bowl players on the same play. I think they just got La'eled out! I particularly liked Earl "Twinkle-Toes" Thomas attempt at running in mid-air.

Last edited:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

He's good.

Wow. I loved him as a prospect because of how aggressive he is... but he's even more aggressive than I thought he was. He's a bully, plain and simple. He is just country strong and a good athlete for his size.

All together that combination is a load to handle for an entire game. Guys are going to hate playing him if they already don't.

On the line with Smith, Frederick, and Martin, it is no wonder they are starting to look really, really good now.

burmafrd

Reaction score
NOW we must find a RT. IF we can get someone even close to the quality of the other 4 this truly could be the greatest O line in NFL history.

ringmaster

Reaction score
Larry Allen played mind games with his opponent and intimidated them but he wasn't doing that his rookie year. Young Allen was very much so known for his ability to block out in space. It was one of the reasons why they were so confident to move him out to LT after Tui went out. He was all pro on the edge too but Madden used to highlight every second level/edge pancake Larry would make. "Well lookie here comes big ole Larry Allen and BOOM he just knocks him down. He just kinda looks at him, hitches up his pants and goes back to the huddle." "What are you going to do when you see big old Larry Allen coming around the corner?" "Well Pat he just did the smart thing which is get out of the way."
I can still vision Allen in the 1999 battle against the Colts when Manning was in his second year at QB, even though Dallas lost that game Allen just treated Ellis Johnson, who was a pretty good DT like a rag doll that day with several pancake blocks but there was so many of those of Allen doing that. As I watched Collins as he wiped out Wagner, and Thomas this past Sunday Larry Allen came to mind but he has a long way to go before being in Allen's class but like what I'm seeing so far.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The nasty is what I like...after he launched him he let him know about it.

Exactly. Only a few NFL OL come into the league with that type of power, explosion and nasty attitude. There simply aren't many like that. He is a mauler. An intimidator. I was thrilled for him to come to Dallas but I underestimated him, even then.

Defenses are going to hate, hate, hate playing against the Dallas OL.

One of the biggest things that I like in an OL prospect is a nasty, aggressive attitude. A defensive attitude in an OL, if you will. I really liked Collins and Scherff just for that reason. However, Collins is meaner even than I thought he was... and I expected nasty.

I hope the football gods let Dallas still be fighting for the division once Romo gets back. If not... the line will be even better next season.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Rookie bum-rushed two All-Pro/Pro Bowl players on the same play. I think they just got La'eled out! I particularly liked Earl "Twinkle-Toes" Thomas attempt at running in mid-air.

:laugh:

I think Collins is going to make a lot of guys look like twinkle-toes.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
We addressed that position in the 3rd round last May. No way we're going RT that high two years in a row.

Chaz Green is a ghost with injury problems. There should be no confidence in him, doesn't matter where he was picked at this point.

If we can grab Tunsil, Stanley, or Conklin, you draft them. Conklin is a far better draft prospect than Green, and he can probably be had in the second round.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I hope the football gods let Dallas still be fighting for the division once Romo gets back. If not... the line will be even better next season.

Our division leader has won 4 games and has a bye. If we beat the Eagles, we will have a 3-1 division record and at worst be one game behind the division leader. And we should continue to improve healthwise...

We definitely are still in it, but at a minimum we have to win at least one of these next two games and preferably both.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No problem. We just need for Ohio St. OT Taylor Decker to be investigated by the police during the week of the draft and we can pick him up as an UDFA.

I see what you did there.

Can you imagine if we pulled that move off 2 years in a row?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I see what you did there.

Can you imagine if we pulled that move off 2 years in a row?

:laugh:

No I really can't. There would be a Grand Inquisition headed by Mara, Goodell, Dean Balndino, Joe Theisman, Greg Hardy's ex-girlfriend, and Professor Dumbledore.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Chaz Green is a ghost with injury problems. There should be no confidence in him, doesn't matter where he was picked at this point.

If we can grab Tunsil, Stanley, or Conklin, you draft them. Conklin is a far better draft prospect than Green, and he can probably be had in the second round.

If they have no confidence in Chaz Green then they wasted a 3rd rounder. They knew about his injury history when they got him and still did it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If they have no confidence in Chaz Green then they wasted a 3rd rounder. They knew about his injury history when they got him and still did it.

His college injury history followed him into the pros. He couldn't make it through mini camp.

I was a supporter of Green, look at my mock drafts before the season. Drafting another RT high doesn't mean Green has no value, he could still be a valuable backup.