Collinsworth is a great announcer

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Some fans are so sensitive. Anything that isn't sucking up to the Cowboys must be a result of an intense hatred. Get over it.
It's a fan's prerogative to feel like every one is against their beloved team. I admit that I get that way a lot too. It's MY team!

So here's my advice. Stop telling other fans how they should feel. Oh, and get over it!

Have a nice day.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
It was an interesting stat to hear that he was targeted more than any other corner in the NFL for the previous two games. Especially when I read here that Brandon Carr is a complete disaster. Obviously other teams think that testing the rookie is the better option. Brown has held up relatively well all things considered.

Carr is a solid number two, we saw this when he had Mo opposite him and zero pass rush to help them

goshan

Reaction score
Some fans are so sensitive. Anything that isn't sucking up to the Cowboys must be a result of an intense hatred. Get over it.

Completely agree. I am tired of the sensitivity, paranoia and constant whining about calls being unfair.

links18

Reaction score
Collinsworth is a knowledgeable and well spoken commentator. Sometimes he belabors a point too long with his over authoritative voice, but he is acceptable. Gruden is just brutal to listen to. Phill Simms is a total bumpkin, but is generally fair. Aikman is Aikman, but Buck is a passive aggressive, sarcastic little dweeb.

Craig

Reaction score
Collinsworth is awful, but hes not biased against the cowboys. Take off your foil hat, no one is out to get you. The league is bemused by the cowboys, not jealouse.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I like Collinsworth. He's fair, not biased, and is very knowledgeable about the game. He's critical of mistakes but gives praise where it's deserved. And he doesn't hold back when he sees a crap call made by the refs.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I'm guessing the person who started the thread sobered up and decided to ignore this - since nobody agreed with his drunken observation.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I chuckled when him and Al were so set on that false start on the 2pt play being induced by us and would be offsides. It's like they were trying to will that call to be offsides.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
You should really love Collingsworth because the NBC production crew he works with are almost all Giant lovers. I know this because I work in the business (from LA) but it's pretty common knowledge and everybody know those guys.

The Executive Producer is Fred Guadelli, a New Yorker who grew up a Giants fan. His production staff is made up of New Yorkers because that's where they are based and their Giant bias has been well noted throughout the years, most notably with their pre-game promos and packages. They find subtle ways to stick it to us and unless you know what to look for it probably slips right by you.

Here's an example of how they like to do it from a post production friend of mine in New York who has worked with them.

In Wild Card Weekend when we played the Lions in '14 their pregame package showed all the teams in the playoffs with dramatic moments and inspiring plays that won games in each team's past. Of all the glorious playoff moments in Cowboys lore what were the ones they used?

Two shots - one with Roger on the bench getting smelling salts after being knocked out and The Catch. Those guys in the edit room knew exactly what they were doing and probably laughing while composing it. I would probably do the same thing if I could to the Giants.

The one residual effect of this is that they still prominently feature Eli in the intro song on SNF when he has slipped in every category the last three years in a row. They have always loved Eli and killed Romo in promo packages.

So, at the end of the day, Collingsworth is a shining light in a cesspool of Giants fans.

The great thing is they will have a tough time coming up with stuff in the next 7 years. :muttley:

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Collinsworth annoys me, but he's not the worst announcer in the league. He has the irksome habit of making some point and then not shutting up about it until you want to ***** slap him. He needs to learn the art of making your point and then moving on. However, he's not anywhere near as awful as Joe Theismann was. Theismann was the worst announcer in the history of the game because almost all his points were asinine and he would not shut up about them. Collinsworth often at least has something intelligent to say even if he can't then shut up about it.