Colts owner blasts Wentz after disastrous year in Indy

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak Haters are Pathetic…….There was nobody that believe Wentz lacked leadership skills :lmao2:

****……You Dak Haters wouldn’t know leadership in the 21st Century at the QB position
If Wentz was a Cowboy you'd think he was amazing. You'd think Dak was overrated and laugh at any team stupid enough to pay him.

You're fooling nobody. You only see the star on the helmet. That's as far as your eyes see.

Ken

Reaction score
Other guys being overpaid does not somehow make Dak being overpaid any better. That's logic that only the most die hard Dallas Prescott fans use. It's the same logic as bragging about the Cowboys losing prelitter to the 49ers than the Packers did and being proud of it. It's a sickness.

Cooper, Zeke, and DLaw are also overpaid. That does not make me feel any better about wasting money and years on Dak.
Dak isn't overpaid. He is paid consistent with his ranking in the league, as I have just stated.

This coming off a career-threatening injury, which people seem to conveniently forget when bashing our qb.

DonaldM

Reaction score
Right now? Nobody. They're all gone. We're stuck with Dak because of his contract anyways.

My suggestion is the same today as it was months ago. We use the rest of Dak's contract to build a solid foundation. We make ZERO win now type of moves. There is no "win now" move when Dak is your QB. The only player that should be on a big contract in 3 season is Parsons. Diggs and CeeDee still have more to prove.

We use the next 3 years build a solid O-line and run game. We also continue to build on the defense. When Dak's contract is finally up we go for a real QB either by trade or FA. I believe that we should also look to the draft next year for a QB in the first round as a back up. That would give that 1st round talent a year or 2 to learn and be ready. The last time the Cowboys took a QB in the 1st round it started a dynasty. They haven't done it since.
Lmao

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak isn't overpaid. He is paid consistent with his ranking in the league, as I have just stated.

This coming off a career-threatening injury, which people seem to conveniently forget when bashing our qb.
I will be sure to laugh at you while you're confused as to why the Cowboys once against failed with Dak at QB when he throws for 200 yards 1 TD and and INT and you're just bewildered at what went wrong.

The only thing that eases Cowboys loses is watching you guys try and justify poor play and be utterly confused at what went wrong.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
They are obviously people that know nothing about football. Football is a team sport and beyond talent the most important thing a QB can possess is drive and leadership. I won't question Wentz's drive but his leadership skills are awful. He lost that Philly locker room to a less talented Nick Foles because Foles had the leadership skills that Wentz lacked. I knew when Foles came in and won that Superbowl that it was going to be difficult for Wentz to take back over that locker room. What happened next? After winning the Superbowl Philly stumbles out of the gate at 6-7. Wentz was 5-6 as a starter during that stretch and the team look defeated. Wentz gets hurt in the loss to Dallas and Nick Foles is inserted as the starter. It was an immediate lift to that Eagles team having Foles back. Foles won the next 3 games and got them to 9-7 and into the playoffs then he he helped them win the first playoff game before losing to the Saints by 6 points in the next playoff game. The Eagles then made the mistake of shipping off Foles and keeping Wentz. Was Wentz the more talented QB? Yes. However, Foles knew how to win and get the team to fight to win. Something Wentz lacked and the reason why he went on to fail in his last years in Philly and went on to fail in Indy. Now he is on his way to Washington to fail. You can question everything you want to about Dak but one thing you can't question is his leadership skills and how the players on the Cowboys view him. I think if we had a better OLine and a better running game last year then the results would have been a lot different. Dak is not an elite QB like a Tom Brady where you can put everything on his shoulders. If Eli Manning can win a Superbowl then I am pretty sure Dallas can win one with Dak. We just have to build in the trenches. OLine and DLine should be our focus.

great post.

Maybe my memory fails me but I can't remember QBs were either "great" or "terrible" going back over the years but that seems the only 2 options these days. It also seems we can't allow Dak to be somewhere in the middle (and he's better than the middle in my opinion) however, you pretty much have the 2 extremes shouting at each other without giving an inch.

I was listening to a radio show here in the UK yesterday and it talked about today's hatred / internet use. Someone said he can't remember the last time he heard someone say "that's a fair point you make" and it made me laugh because it's so true. We used to be able to debate / argue/ fight/ agree as humans but now it does seem opinions are formed and people refuse to listen, even when compelling rational is presented. Anyway, my 2p worth.

Back to Wentz.......

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

b07fbe32-7597-454f-a931-acc9263f1669_text.gif

Ken

Reaction score
I will be sure to laugh at you while you're confused as to why the Cowboys once against failed with Dak at QB when he throws for 200 yards 1 TD and and INT and you're just bewildered at what went wrong.

The only thing that eases Cowboys loses is watching you guys try and justify poor play and be utterly confused at what went wrong.
We won a lot of super bowls with Under 200 yards and similar td to int ratios.

So, it isn't me that is confused as to what is going wrong.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Tell Jerry this

“I think the worst thing you can do is have a mistake and try to keep living with it going forward,” Irsay said at the NFL owner’s meetings in Palm Beach, Fla., according to the Indianapolis Star.

“For us, it was something we had to move away from as a franchise. It was very obvious.”

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You ain't two steps ahead of anybody. You are a scrub. We would all like to have Maholmes. You are just clueless
You will believe in Dak until you don't anymore. That day will come.

It came for me in 2019 when I watched us have the #1 ranked offense and still miss the playoffs because Dak crumbled against every good team we played that year. While somebody like Wentz, yes Wentz, lead the Eagles to a divisional title with practice squad guys. That's when I realized that Dak is just not the guy.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We won a lot of super bowls with Under 200 yards and similar td to int ratios.

So, it isn't me that is confused as to what is going wrong.
This isn't 1995.

The Cowboys fans that chose to live in the past are the ones that have made the Cowboys the butt of so many jokes the past quarter of a century.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
What way? We are a 500 team. How do we acquire a 1st Rd. Qb. Drew Henson? He can play shortstop.
Drew Henson was drafted in the 6th round. What are you on about?

You acquire a 1st round QB by using your 1st round pick on the QB position. It's not rocket science.