Combine Chatter Thread

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Derrick Henry at 247? Another Brandon Jacobs.

a weight of 247 pounds would have made Henry the heaviest (listed) running back in the league this season. (Note: There are 14 "running backs" listed heavier than 247 pounds on that list linked in the previous sentence, but 13 of them are fullbacks and one is an offensive lineman.)
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...henry-weighed-in-at-247-pounds-at-nfl-combine

:omg::omg::omg:

I'd love to get Henry simply to see him run through a couple guys a game, but I just don't think he has the necessary. He is going to make a lot of defenders look like children though.

"Mike Jenkins vs. Derrick Henry, a True David & Goliath Story."

Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...henry-weighed-in-at-247-pounds-at-nfl-combine

:omg::omg::omg:

I'd love to get Henry simply to see him run through a couple guys a game, but I just don't think he has the necessary. He is going to make a lot of defenders look like children though.

"Mike Jenkins vs. Derrick Henry, a True David & Goliath Story."

I bet our percentage on 3rd and short would improve.

Seriously though. Think he might drop? Most had him as a second rounder. If he runs a decent 40, he might stay there I guess.

Reactions: BAT

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I bet our percentage on 3rd and short would improve.

Seriously though. Think he might drop? Most had him as a second rounder. If he runs a decent 40, he might stay there I guess.

He might drop, but it wont be out of the second round.

I mean seriously, there is going to be a lot of Mike Jenkins syndrome going around when Henry breaks a run outside. I might take him just so my defenders don't have to tackle him.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1 is putting them all in tables as we speak to compare:

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/combine2016OL.php

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/combine2016RB.php

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Henry is going to be better than most think. I think he's heavily in the mix at #34.

We had so many 3rd and 1 situations not converted as we don't have a bowling ball back.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Henry is going to be an interesting rookie to watch.

If he's good then it's going to make a lot of people look like fools when it was right in front of our eyes the entire time of how good he was.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Won't test high in those categories, Henry is more of a one cut runner.

One cut runners still need exceptional balance. Very seldom are you going to cut and go with no contact. Any runner that runs as high as Henry needs to show he can make that cut and go not only without losing speed, but without losing balance.

Personally, I don't think his balance is an issue. We've all seen him take huge shots and not fall down. My biggest concerns are his vision and ability to hit the right hole in a zone scheme, and his lateral quickness to make something happen when the play breaks down.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
One cut runners still need exceptional balance. Very seldom are you going to cut and go with no contact. Any runner that runs as high as Henry needs to show he can make that cut and go not only without losing speed, but without losing balance.

Personally, I don't think his balance is an issue. We've all seen him take huge shots and not fall down. My biggest concerns are his vision and ability to hit the right hole in a zone scheme, and his lateral quickness to make something happen when the play breaks down.

My worry though is he'll be one of those guys that just keeps getting better as the game goes on by the 4th you're looking at a big fast guy running straight at you over and over.

I said all along I was not a fan of his game and the NFL scouts echoed what I said early on as well so we'll see.

I got a feeling he'll be a Panther.

Bizwah

Reaction score
My worry though is he'll be one of those guys that just keeps getting better as the game goes on by the 4th you're looking at a big fast guy running straight at you over and over.

I said all along I was not a fan of his game and the NFL scouts echoed what I said early on as well so we'll see.

He reminds me of Eddie George. I think he'll be good.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

I don't even know how to respond to you sometimes. I don't even know when you're being serious or totally spit balling. I guess it's a good thing the scouts have access to your opinions?

Big guys like Henry almost always get better as the game goes on, so that's a pretty safe bet. It's something he's done over the course of his career so I wouldn't expect that to change. However, I am not sure I would spend a second on a short yardage back slash closer.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't even know how to respond to you sometimes. I don't even know when you're being serious or totally spit balling. I guess it's a good thing the scouts have access to your opinions?

Big guys like Henry almost always get better as the game goes on, so that's a pretty safe bet. It's something he's done over the course of his career so I wouldn't expect that to change. However, I am not sure I would spend a second on a second down back slash closer.

I like to pat myself on the back.