Combine Chatter Thread

RS12

Reaction score
1st round - No QB. Win now mode.

2nd round - Jaylon Smith. It's not a damn debate.

Eh, I am going to need to know what somebody like Dr Andrews thinks about a full recovery first. You know it will come to him or Robert "I was only taking the fall for my friends" Nkemdiche.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Is the draft not the greatest? So many variables at play. So much to consider. You look like a genius one pick and a moron the next.

I see you are getting excited. I know, it happens every year.

This is the one time I get excited and I think I enjoy it more than the games sometimes.

It is the one time it is intriguing to hope and imagine what can be. It is the time to feel free to dream.

Then you see what the teams do with the players and it makes no sense.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see you are getting excited. I know, it happens every year.

This is the one time I get excited and I think I enjoy it more than the games sometimes.

It is the one time it is intriguing to hope and imagine what can be. It is the time to feel free to dream.

Then you see what the teams do with the players and it makes no sense.

That's what makes it so great when the hack commissioner makes his first walk to the podium. You know the stars of tomorrow are in these drafts and everyone has a relatively equal chance to land them. It's team changing when you do.

That feeling only lasts maybe two rounds around here though.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I don't give two ***** if he never plays again, I am willing to use one of my 4th round comp picks on Jaylon Smith on the off chance he does regain form. If nothing else, he can keep Lee company in the trainers room.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Pretty good. He turned in some math homework. He gave a speech in his communications class. Just a normal day at Florida State, where he is still a student.

Brutal.

But well done for a very uninformed question.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Well, at least you are a good sport.

Usually that kind of burn requires taking a week off and an avatar change hoping someone forgets the gaffe.

Not worried about it. It happens. Lord knows I have called out enough people on here. I can take my medicine. It was a good burn.

When my editor calls me out for stupid ****, THEN I feel heat.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
The scary thing is Nkemdiche is really in play for the Cowboys. Their kind of risk on a big talent and it's a position of need. I could easily see him being that first round grade they have available at 34.

Rim Shot...lol!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Except Richardson was beaten down before he even got to the NFL. The Randle and Jones analogies are silly.

I just don't think he's a guarantee to be a big time NFL player. I honestly think he's a guy who could find himself beaten and worn down long before he gets to 10,000 yards in the NFL.

I also am one that thinks you don't necessarily need to use a first or second round pick on a TB to get a top notch running game.

This would only matter if Henry was a workhorse for 3 straight years. He wasn't. Henry had one year of abnormally high amount of carries, this is not unheard of in college football and many successful RBs had high amount of carries in multiple years before entering the NFL.

MikeT22

Reaction score
The scary thing is Nkemdiche is really in play for the Cowboys. Their kind of risk on a big talent and it's a position of need. I could easily see him being that first round grade they have available at 34.

With Gregory's suspension I doubt it. We'll probably revert back to high character guys for a year or two before going back to taking chances on high risk players that drop.

Seems to be a pattern ever since the issues with Irvin and others caused us to pass on Moss. Go high character for a few years and then take a chance on guys like Antonio Bryant and Ross. When that backfired we went back to boys scouts for a few years.

Rinse, repeat. We're now back to high character.