Combine Chatter Thread

visionary

Reaction score
That isn't anywhere close to what I said.

What difference does it make what he was "considered " to be? Why did we not do our own due diligence before using our Rd 1&2 picks to select him? Our GM is a moron and a football idiot

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I expect us to be bargain-bin shoppers for QB's. I can't shake the feeling that we'll see someone in the second tier drafted at the top of the third.

Whether's that Hogan, Prescott, Hackenberg, etc., I don't know, just seems that the front office will find it easier to stomach a guy in the second day drafted then take the #4 pick and plop him on the bench for a few years.

Watch for the kid @ Arkansas...He's really starting to grow on me.;)

Shinaoi

Reaction score
One one of those gifs earlier really did a number on my cell phone. Pretty sure it was the sam Bradford one. I can't go back and look because I can't post if I see it.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Assuming no trades I'd say: 1) TN: Tunsil 2) Cle: Wentz 3) SD: Ramsey

We'd be sitting at 4 looking at Goff, Bosa, Jack or trade down.

I would be tempted by Goff. But we probably will just take a defender. I do not see why anyone would trade up.

Alexander

Reaction score
49ers might try for Goff.. I could see that trade happening

Only if they get spooked. Jacksonville and Baltimore are not taking QBs. 11-15 is the pressure point for QBs as Chicago, New Orleans and the Rams could be looking for one. The Rams have two 2nd round picks and could be the best bet.

Alexander

Reaction score
Bad thing about these DL workouts is some worked out way better than they showed in games. Hopefully we stick to the tape evaluations more. We can't afford to chase workout wonders. We need players.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bad thing about these DL workouts is some worked out way better than they showed in games. Hopefully we stick to the tape evaluations more. We can't afford to chase workout wonders. We need players.

Yeah, like Vernon Butler. Really struggled in comparison to a stacked DT group but the guy can play football.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What difference does it make what he was "considered " to be? Why did we not do our own due diligence before using our Rd 1&2 picks to select him?

The difference is we weren't the only team that had him at the top of the draft board. Trying to single out the Cowboys as if they were the only team is laughable. You really think we dedicated that much resources into a draft pick and didn't spend the time doing any due diligence beforehand? It was a draft pick that didn't work out. Nothing more. It happens.