Combine Chatter Thread

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I've been saying since the beginning, I think all three QBs will do well in the NFL and specifically on our team considering we already have a strong o-line and an elite WR, so if Wentz is off the board, I'd seriously consider trading down for Lynch.

tm1119

Reaction score
I've been saying since the beginning, I think all three QBs will do well in the NFL and specifically on our team considering we already have a strong o-line and an elite WR, so if Wentz is off the board, I'd seriously consider trading down for Lynch.

Trading down and getting a QB isn't an option. Either he's your guy and you take him at 4 or you don't take a QB at all. It would be monumentally stupid to trade down when you have a franchise grade on a QB still on the board.

RS12

Reaction score
NFL Combine: Sunday Notes. 12:35 p.m.

• Monday's defensive back workout will set the pecking order at safety with the prime suspects being Keanu Neal of Florida, Darian Thompson of Boise State and Vonn Bell of Ohio State. As previously mentioned, Neal has been outperforming Bell regularly in combine training.
  • The belief is at least one safety will go in the late part of the opening round, and there's a chance two end up in the first frame. I'm hearing if you want a chance of selecting one of the top safeties, you'll have to move in front of Tennessee at the top of Round 2. I'm told the Baltimore Ravens are a team that could trade back into the bottom part of Round 1 to grab one of the safeties.
  • I'm told the Oakland Raiders won't let Darian Thompson get past them in the second round.
  • As of right now, people feel Jack Conklin is the player most desired by the Green Bay Packers, but it's very unlikely the Michigan State tackle falls that far. The contingency plans for the Pack seems to be Jason Spriggs at this point.
  • Teams were impressed with Germain Ifedi's workout, and there's a feeling the Texas A&M offensive tackle could slide into the late part of Round 1. I'm told right now Seattle and Denver are the teams targeting Ifedi late in round one.

Read more at http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/combine2016rumors_tony.php#gHRAgDbiBEyeoMj9.99

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
NFL Combine: Sunday Notes. 12:35 p.m.

• Monday's defensive back workout will set the pecking order at safety with the prime suspects being Keanu Neal of Florida, Darian Thompson of Boise State and Vonn Bell of Ohio State. As previously mentioned, Neal has been outperforming Bell regularly in combine training.
  • The belief is at least one safety will go in the late part of the opening round, and there's a chance two end up in the first frame. I'm hearing if you want a chance of selecting one of the top safeties, you'll have to move in front of Tennessee at the top of Round 2. I'm told the Baltimore Ravens are a team that could trade back into the bottom part of Round 1 to grab one of the safeties.
  • I'm told the Oakland Raiders won't let Darian Thompson get past them in the second round.
  • As of right now, people feel Jack Conklin is the player most desired by the Green Bay Packers, but it's very unlikely the Michigan State tackle falls that far. The contingency plans for the Pack seems to be Jason Spriggs at this point.
  • Teams were impressed with Germain Ifedi's workout, and there's a feeling the Texas A&M offensive tackle could slide into the late part of Round 1. I'm told right now Seattle and Denver are the teams targeting Ifedi late in round one.
Read more at http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/combine2016rumors_tony.php#gHRAgDbiBEyeoMj9.99

I hate Jack Conklins feet.

He's getting so much hype right now. I think he would be lucky to be a Colombo type at right tackle.

MikeT22

Reaction score
You could very well be right. I really think that all 3 of those guys aren't worthy of that pick. Hope we trade down if that scenario unfolds.

The deal with this years draft is I don't think any of these players, besides Tunsil, would be top 5 picks most years. But basing it on this year alone, which is what we have to work with, I think Bosa is one of the top 5 players available. I also think Goff is one of the top 10 and being a QB makes puts him heavily into the mix at 4 for a team that needs a QB.

In this scenario, even if Bosa and Goff are top 5 players in this draft the tough decision is with the QB. It's one thing to take Bosa or even Jack at 4 even if they don't rate as top 5 players historically when comparing them to other drafts. But with QB, I think we really need to compare him to those at this point in past drafts and not just where he's are rated on the board this year. If you take Bosa and he turns out to be a solid but not franchise caliber DL it's not optimal but it also won't kill us. But at QB we need to have a franchise grade on him to warrant this pick. If we don't then I'd either take Bosa or try and trade down nabbing a quality player while gaining extra day 2 picks in what appears to be a deep draft.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Trading down and getting a QB isn't an option. Either he's your guy and you take him at 4 or you don't take a QB at all. It would be monumentally stupid to trade down when you have a franchise grade on a QB still on the board.

Highly likely many teams will have Lynch as the #3 QB in this draft and also have a first round grade on him but don't have him as a top ten pick.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

Baltimore did with Flacco

Daillest88

Reaction score

Make a trade with San Francisco, let's say the cowboys think that Lynch and Goffare both pro bowl type qbs... They take Goff we take Lynch at 7 and get there 2nd and 3 Rd round pick.. Lynch sitting behind romo for a few years would do wonders for this kid..

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What bothers me about Lynch is that ****** patch on his face. You don't sport that without being an extremely smarmy human being.

I'm not expecting him to have movie star good looks like Carson Wentz but a simple shave isn't too much to ask.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
What bothers me about Lynch is that ****** patch on his face. You don't sport that without being an extremely smarmy human being.

I'm not expecting him to have movie star good looks like Carson Wentz but a simple shave isn't too much to ask.

he does look like someone's creepy uncle, but with that being said, Goff looks like he belongs in a boy band and Wentz looks like he belongs on a farm

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Trade down for a RB and a DT. If you can catch some thing trolling the bottom to take the stink bait. IMhumbleO the Top 10 is pathetic considering the way the entire process played out. More busts than Dolly.

Bigdog

Reaction score

I don't think Wentz has movie star looks. Goff does though. As someone mentioned before, he looks like that guy from the Notebook.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I don't think Wentz has movie star looks. Goff does though. As someone mentioned before, he looks like that guy from the Notebook.

lmao, he does kinda look like Ryan Gosling...don't ask why I figured out who you meant so soon