Combine Chatter Thread

BlindFaith

Reaction score
id rather a S instead of a corner and a wr with the second 4th rounder. ill take a cb in round 6. If we are a zone team lets stop putting such an emphasis on corner.

4a. Sean Davis (FS)
4b. Eric Murray (CB)

Two other, I think, undervalued guys at the moment.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
There's this thing called free agency................

Like if the Cowboys decide McFadden is a good #2 and they sign Lamar Miller, then why would the team then need to take a TB in the first rounds?

I really like Miller. If we go this route though, I'd dump McFadden and his 2mill salary this year. Keep Turbin around and get a guy in the later rounds (Smallwood :) ) to replace Dunbar.

And this is only if Miller doesn't ask for the moon. Probably no more than 4 mill per year.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Ramsey still the most athelitc of all the DBs and WR this draft,chargers should take him in a heart beat.

MikeT22

Reaction score
I guess this is what separates the pro-QB and pro-defense factions. I understand both perspectives however, If my scouts told me that QB A had legit potential to be a franchise QB and that I could assure myself of getting him for a day 2 pick, I would do it in a heartbeat.

I would too, but that's a big if. By most accounts, none of the QBs this year are as high as past top tier QBs in previous drafts.

I've seen several scouts say Winston and Mariota were rated higher than all the QBs this year. So yes, if a QB was rated as a franchise caliber QB then I would move up for him, bit I don't see that being the case this year.

Now I would consider Wentz or Goff at 4 considering there isn't any other can't miss players in the mix. But I wouldn't go all in giving using two high round picks for a QB that isn't a prototypical franchise caliber QB.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm buying these times right now.

Like I said...when the RBs were running...I'm not buying any of these times. Yet someone said I was crazy...yet this entire thread has turned into..."Wow..these times are really off." Go figure.:rolleyes:

Szczepanik

Reaction score
it will confirm once and for all that this team has no vision than the immediate season and no wonder we have been in the doldrums for 2 decades.

Before Romo went down the consensus was that we never gave Romo an adequate defense..

jnday

Reaction score
This is a great write up and spot on. Wentz, Goff and Cook were nails this weekend. Driskell, Hogan, Sudfeld and Brissett struggled IMO....not red flags but they were tight and not fluid. Doughty really surprised me. I thought he looked VERY good and wasn't that high on him previously: so Miller is right about him too IMO.

Prescott and Hackenburg are so difficult to analyze for me. I like Dak and his makeup but he did look pretty average throwing the ball this weekend. As Miller said, he's a developmental guy. I agree with Mayock that Hackenburg is the hardest guy to size up of all. He has all the physical tools and can make the throws but he's inaccurate....period. I watched him a lot at PSU and he was great under O'Brien but fell apart under Franklin and their horrible Oline. He has potential but I would never consider him before the 4th round. This is the one guy that Miller likes and I'm simply not sold on him. (Miller said 2nd...I think 4th round)

Dak is nothing more than a decent college QB. He will be lucky to be a career backup in the pros.