Combine chatter....

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently Tre' Jackson didn't lift.

I don't know why he would skip the bench pressing and "showcase" his 40 speed. Unless there's an injury I don't know about.

Sydla

Reaction score
they have always been worried about his ability to bulk up,a better diet and it should be easy on hat frame
beasley at 246 puts him top 15 guaranteed imo, probably top 10 imo

Nebraska has one of the best sports nutrition programs for athletes in the country. They have a staff of over 15 people and their own personal executive chef who works with the nutrition directors to create diets and meal plans for all the athletes. So I am not sure how much a "better diet" he's going to get in the NFL unless he just didn't follow the Nebraska meal plan set out for him.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Bro, this weather is crazy. I don't ever remember so many frigid days in one winter.

Meanwhile, in Dallas:thumbup:

A near perfect winter so far. But of course, the weekend of the BCS Title game was a bit cold. Seems like anytime we have a big event here (Super Bowl, Fianl Four, BCS Champ) the weather picks that one week to be bad.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was already going in the mid to late teens in mocks. If he blows up the Combine and then his Pro-Day, he may sneak into the top 10 of a lot of mocks.

I don't see him lasting until 27. If he were a guard or center maybe, but not a tackle.

To me he looks like a guy that will be really good at some point, but he looked a bit raw at the Senior Bowl for a guy expected to go in the top 20. Most teams tend to want an immediate starter with a top 20 pick.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Hmm I am not impressed with Peat so far, expected him to have elite physical skill.

tm1119

Reaction score
So apparently Gurley refused to let his knee be examined by combine doctors?? Sounds a little sketchy....

Nirvana

Reaction score
So apparently Gurley refused to let his knee be examined by combine doctors?? Sounds a little sketchy....

Hearing projections he goes in mid 1st, so maybe this is good news that he could drop to late 1st.

Displaced Cowboy

Reaction score
So watching the combine stream and they just popped up a graphic for "Teams with TE needs" and the Cowboys logo was including among the group of 5.

Little strange.

Hailmary

Reaction score
So watching the combine stream and they just popped up a graphic for "Teams with TE needs" and the Cowboys logo was including among the group of 5.

Little strange.

Not a huge need, but if a kid like Jesse James or Nick Boyle is available in the 4/5th, I'd probably pull the trigger. Witten can't play forever and Escobar has yet to establish himself as a reliable threat. Hannah's nothing special. Even though it may not be a huge need now, our TE situation can deteriorate pretty quickly.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nebraska has one of the best sports nutrition programs for athletes in the country. They have a staff of over 15 people and their own personal executive chef who works with the nutrition directors to create diets and meal plans for all the athletes. So I am not sure how much a "better diet" he's going to get in the NFL unless he just didn't follow the Nebraska meal plan set out for him.

thx for that info, gonna be interesting to see hm in a year or two

AzorAhai

Reaction score
they have always been worried about his ability to bulk up,a better diet and it should be easy on hat frame
beasley at 246 puts him top 15 guaranteed imo, probably top 10 imo

Not so sure about that ease to bulk up. Its all over twitter that he was 218 before starting his Combine training. That means he adds those 20-25lbs already just to be at a decent weight. I doubt if he could bulk up too much and maintain that weight in season.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
The TE class this year is extremely weak. I'd only be interested in the TE from UTEP just because he looks like he's straight outta Winterfell.