Combine chatter....

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
It was alarming. The workout wouldn't keep me from drafting him, but the lackadaisical attitude toward the workout, the biggest job audition of his life, and his dismissive comments about his past issues at TCU being chronically late to team functions would.

You have to question a player's mental state when they show up at the combine like that.

Agree.....

That's why I've done a 180 on the guy. If we did the mock again....I'm taking him off my board. How do you ever trust a player like that? Especially to be a leader of your D.....

I thought I was drafting someone to fill Bruce Carter's shoes.....Someone who had the size to play the MLB.....But could also play on
the strong side. Only to find out the guy is 2 inches shorter than his listed playing height. That's alot.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just looked up Bud Dupree thanks to this thread. His first step :omg:

He is an absolute blur. I don't care if he is a tweener. He has Von Miller written all over him. You find ways to get him on the field.

Yeah he will be a good NFL player but I don't think he is going to do much as a pass rusher.

To me he will be a Outside Linebacker and I doubt he ever becomes a quality pass rush guy.

Perfect player for todays passing offenses because of his ability to cover.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Dupree weighed in at 269 pounds. That's not really a tweener to me. Yes, maybe he can play as an OLB in a 3-4 but he has ideal size as a 4-3 DE. Von Miller was 246 at the combine.

Yeah, apparently some of the stuff I saw was old and/or I was a little under the influence. His first step though. His first step is Ware (prime) fast.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Yeah he will be a good NFL player but I don't think he is going to do much as a pass rusher.

To me he will be a Outside Linebacker and I doubt he ever becomes a quality pass rush guy.

I'm not saying you are definitively wrong, but would you mind explaining why you think he wont be a good pash rusher in the NFL and why he would only be a good OLB (I assume you mean in a 3-4)? He has nearly perfect size for a 4-3 DE and has the speed, strength and explosion both on film and in metrics.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score

Weird evaluation, IMO. I'd take him in a heartbeat at 27.