Combine Results 2014***updated 6:35PM 2-22***

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is someone I have never really heard of. Might have to do a little research on him. He looks like a 3-4 OLB instead of a DE.

He was kind of big in the 80's new wave scene.

Bada Bing

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
SAm 17 reps in the bench. Short arms too. Not good.

That's the book on him. He's a edge rusher only, with only above average first step. It's not exceptional. In the NFL, I think he's going to get handled. He's playing against RTs in college and that's only going to be more pronounced once he gets into the NFL.

tm1119

Reaction score
Will Sutton proving to me more and more that he's not worth a pick in the 1st 2 rounds. Didn't expect the guy to be fast by any means, but 5.37 is pretty pathetic for a guy who barely weighs 300 lbs.

tm1119

Reaction score
Chris Smith also really needs to be talked about more here. Only 6'1 but at 265 with 34" arms and exceptional speed he could be a terror off of the edge.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Kony early -4.84. I thought he would be quicker but that's not too bad.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
That's the book on him. He's a edge rusher only, with only above average first step. It's not exceptional. In the NFL, I think he's going to get handled. He's playing against RTs in college and that's only going to be more pronounced once he gets into the NFL.

Sam is dropping quick. 4.84 unofficial time he's going to have almost a 5.0 40 yrd dash. Very slow and heavy footed off the snap

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Will Sutton proving to me more and more that he's not worth a pick in the 1st 2 rounds. Didn't expect the guy to be fast by any means, but 5.37 is pretty pathetic for a guy who barely weighs 300 lbs.

Is he being asked to run 9 routes? with DL what scouts look at is like the OL, the 10 yrd split

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sam is dropping quick. 4.84 unofficial time he's going to have almost a 5.0 40 yrd dash.

Tried to tell everybody that this guy is not the player you think he is. Has nothing to do with sexuality. Has everything to do with not being all that good. If you watched Missouri at all, it's pretty easy to tell. Ealy isn't all that either but he's better the Sam. Golden is probably more talented then either one of those guys.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Tried to tell everybody that this guy is not the player you think he is. Has nothing to do with sexuality. Has everything to do with not being all that good. If you watched Missouri at all, it's pretty easy to tell. Ealy isn't all that either but he's better the Sam. Golden is probably more talented then either one of those guys.

Yeah i hear you. see him nothing more then a 3rd down passrusher for a team like the seahawks. Playing that leo strictly passrushing situations cause the guy is badd in coverage.

tm1119

Reaction score
Is he being asked to run 9 routes? with DL what scouts look at is like the OL, the 10 yrd split

I'm well aware but it's still a matter of dedication and preparation to me. Biggest job interview of his life and he ran the same time as guys 30 pounds heavier than him. Like I said, didn't expect him to be fast, but 5.3+ is pathetic.

That and his 10 yard split was still only marginal. If you're going to play DT in the NFL with barely 31 inch arms you better be extremely quick and explosive and that's not Sutton. Drake Nevis 2.0.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
FWIW, Michael Sam's 40 yard time of 4.79 isn't far off from

-Lamar Woodley: 4.74
-Charles Johnson: 4.78
-Michael Bennett: 4.79

However, he is about a tenth of a second slower in the 10 yard splits versus these players.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
James Gayle and Marcus Smith also impressing.

Gayle - 4.65 unofficial 40 and 1.60 10-yd split
Smith - 4.63 unofficial 40 and 1.57 10-yd split

I saw Gayle as more of a LDE guy. Smith is one of my favorite DE options.

Very intriguing guy in Zach Moore of Concordia. Minor injury during practice leading into Shrine All-Star game and couldn't play. Also prevented him from getting a late invite to the Senior Bowl the following week.

6-5/270 and 33 3/4" arms
4.82 unofficial 40
1.56 10-yd split
just 23 reps but i suspect that's more about the relative strength training at a tiny school

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FWIW, Michael Sam's 40 yard time of 4.79 isn't far off from

-Lamar Woodley: 4.74
-Charles Johnson: 4.78
-Michael Bennett: 4.79

However, he is about a tenth of a second slower in the 10 yard splits versus these players.

Put them in pads on a football field in a game setting and then those numbers will matter to me.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Put them in pads on a football field in a game setting and then those numbers will matter to me.

All in all, this is a thread about work out numbers. If they don't matter, then I'd be curious why you have been in this thread as much.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clowney an official 4.53

Impressive but Donald was even more impressive.