Comics and Movies

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah. That was a poor editing job on my part. I did go back to that post this morning and edited the first mentioning of Mary Jane, changing it to Michelle Jones-Watson and closed the post. However, I did not read the next paragraph where I typed Mary Jane again. I think I will stop trying to fix what I have said before while I am ahead. :) To be clear though, I should have never typed "Mary Jane" in that particular post where I suggested Tati Gabrielle. I should have typed "Michelle Jones-Watson" instead.
Okay, 'nuff said. :thumbup:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
‘Doctor Strange 2’ Played More Than 60 Times in a Single NYC Theater on Thursday. Is That a Problem?
By J. Kim Murphy
May 10, 2022

KTH1650_comp_v034.1045_R.jpg

It’s May in New York City, and what better way to ring in the summer movie season than venturing to AMC Theaters in Times Square for opening night of “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness”?

If you and a friend wanted to be among the first to catch Marvel’s latest, the 3 p.m. screening was the earliest possible. But let’s say your friend ran a bit late, so maybe the 3:05 p.m. showtime was better. Needed a bit more time? How about 3:15 p.m.? 3:20 p.m.? Oops, it turns out all of those were sold out… but maybe you two could’ve squeezed into the 2 a.m. showtime that happened 11 hours and a whopping 45 screenings later.

AMC hosted more than 60 screenings of “Multiverse of Madness” last Thursday at New York’s AMC Empire 25, packing showtimes end-to-end over 12 hours. It’s only one of several multiplexes that Disney staged a veritable takeover of to roll out the Marvel sequel. As major circuits across the country devoted most of their auditoriums to the Sorcerer Supreme, other theatrical releases were put on the back burner with limited showtimes for 72 hours. “Multiverse of Madness” played in 4,534 theaters over the weekend, making it the seventh-widest release in the history of the domestic box office.

Read More

Did Scarlett Johansson ever settle her lawsuit against Disney for how Black Widow was treated in its release? I would think this would help her argument somewhat, even though I am still not convinced it would have substantially increased box office revenue if her movie had gotten the same treatment.

They settled as fas as I know.

And I got a similar impression when I went to my local Cinemark. Out of 20 screens, at least half looked to have Dr Strange playing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if they're doing that in an effort to break box office records.

It doesn’t hurt, that’s for sure. But I think what it really shows is the demand for blockbuster films at the theater. THEY are what gets people to go out to the movies.

People can and will watch the ‘smaller movies’ at home on their television.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Now I have a true conundrum. Do I like posts I genuinely like, or stop liking them so it doesn't tell them that nobody likes their post?
You were too quick to like post #226. I was editing it at the time. :muttley:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marvel Entertainment
Posted: February 26, 2022

Lorraine Cink explains the surprising backstory of the interdimensional, portal-punching Super Hero, America Chavez, who can open up star shaped portals into the multiverse!

Note: This is a short 3:10 comic book biography posted by the official site. It is neither a spoiler video taken from the movie nor speculates on events seen in Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness. However, do not click on the SPOILER button if you do not want to know anything about the character, played in the movie by actress Xochitl Gomez.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marvel Entertainment
Posted: February 26, 2022

Lorraine Cink explains the surprising backstory of the interdimensional, portal-punching Super Hero, America Chavez, who can open up star shaped portals into the multiverse!

Note: This is a short 3:10 comic book biography posted by the official site. It is neither a spoiler video taken from the movie nor speculates on events seen in Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness. However, do not click on the SPOILER button if you do not want to know anything about the character, played in the movie by actress Xochitl Gomez.

I have a question about this character:

By the end of the film, she had the ability to control her power to open up portals between universes. Why was she wasting time with a sling ring and not immediately searching for her parents?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a question about this character:

By the end of the film, she had the ability to control her power to open up portals between universes. Why was she wasting time with a sling ring and not immediately searching for her parents?
Good question. There are infinite multiverses but she immediately located and connected to Earth-838, allowing Wanda see the kids there. Not sure why she could not pinpoint her parents the same way.

Perhaps Strange and Wong believe the sling ring training would hone her power and help her avoid any mental miscalculations. Maybe sling ring portaling is being used as a teaching tool that will hopefully make her more cognizant of transporting beyond her current but subliminal 'I just know' awareness.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good question. There are infinite multiverses but she immediately located and connected to Earth-838, allowing Wanda see the kids there. Not sure why she could not pinpoint her parents the same way.

Perhaps Strange and Wong believe the sling ring training would hone her power and help her avoid any mental miscalculations. Maybe sling ring portaling is being used as a teaching tool that will hopefully make her more cognizant of transporting beyond her current but subliminal 'I just know' awareness.

Thanks for the effort, but I can’t see a valid reason why.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
‘Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness’ Tops $500M Worldwide; Nears $300M Overseas
By Nancy Tartaglione
May 11, 2022 8:41am

doctor-strange-2-e1649344792680.jpg

After crossing the $200M domestic mark on Monday, Disney/Marvel’s Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness on Tuesday zoomed past $500M global. It is also nearing $300M at the international box office, certain to reach that milestone today.

Through yesterday, the Benedict Cumberbatch/Elizabeth Olsen-starrer is at $507.8M worldwide. Of that, $294.2M is from 49 material offshore markets, and domestic has now reached $213.6M.

On Monday, the Sam Raimi-directed sequel grossed $15.7M internationally, and on Tuesday added another $16.1M. Including domestic, Monday and Tuesday were essentially flat for the sorcerer and the Scarlet Witch on a global level. Monday came in at $29M while yesterday conjured $28.7M worldwide.

https://deadline.com/2022/05/doctor...-500-million-worldwide-box-office-1235021076/Read More

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
September 1962: Marvel introduces Jane Foster...

qJNtpn0.png

August 1978: Marvel imagines Foster as more than Thor's love interest...

26x0Huy.png

October 2014: Marvel's imagination takes Foster to the next level...

yeMf1vx.png

Coming soon to Marvel's Cinematic Universe...

hGYfnEs.gif