Comics and Movies

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You got me to thinking about unknowns who could have auditioned as Michelle Jones-Watson for Spider-Man: Homecoming. Tati Gabrielle was completely off my radar back then. I became familiar with her work playing a witch on the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina starting in 2018.

qvn2sUP.jpg

Her IMDB.com page lists only five acting credits prior to S:H. Those five were a collection of guest appearances and shorts one-shot jobs.

If I had seen her work back then and it compared to me what I saw her do on Sabrina, I believe I would suggested her as an unknown to land the Mary Jane role at that time. Or audition against Zendaya at the very least.
How about Elisha Cuthbert as Mary Jane?
TCPZYyy.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One actress I *believe* could be a future Mary Jane in another project is Danielle Rose Russell:

8gWjd4R.jpg

She plays a witch/werewolf/vampire hybrid on The CW's Legacies. Not sure if she has the acting chops though. I just have this lingering feeling she has not been allowed to stretch her acting to its full potential yet. I think I *see* it within her but her current role is very generic in nature.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What Spell Did Marvel Cast on the MPA for ‘Doctor Strange 2’ to Receive a PG-13 Rating?
By Clayton Davis
May 7, 2022

Doctor-Strange-3.jpg

I’ve never been one to strictly follow ratings advice, and neither did my parents: The first two movie theater experiences of my life were “Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers” (1989) and “Terminator 2: Judgment Day” (1991), at the tender ages of four and six. During “Halloween,” I ran out of the theater once a rake was shoved into some guy’s forehead, so I didn’t find out how the movie ended for another decade.

But despite my early indoctrination into horror, when friends have asked, “Can I bring my kids to see ‘Doctor Strange’ this weekend,” I’ve answered, “I don’t think I would.”

The Motion Picture Association’s film ratings board has existed since 1968, but the system created to assist parents in deciding what films are appropriate for children continues to make sometimes-inexplicable choices that can leave parents as confused as ever.

https://variety.com/2022/film/colum...s-horror-pg13-rating-graphic-mpaa-1235258889/
Read More

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jamie Lee Curtis starts ‘feud’ with Marvel’s rival multiverse movie Doctor Strange
By Andrew Pulver
May 9, 2022

The actor’s Instagram outburst comes after a box office triumph for her latest film, Everything Everywhere All at Once

zOtlTvl.jpg

Jamie Lee Curtis has berated Marvel’s new film Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, comparing it unfavourably with her new movie Everything Everywhere All at Once while conceding she has blown her chances of getting a role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

In a string of posts on social media, Curtis, star of Halloween, claimed Everything Everywhere All at Once “out marvels any Marvel movie they put out there” and even suggested Doctor Strange had used a “copycat” poster. She added: “Is this one of those internet feuds? All I’ll say is we would SLAY in a family feud contest … with the Doctor Strange strangers.”

Curtis’ Instagram posts appear to have been sparked by Everything Everywhere All at Once’s exceptional box office performance, including reaching the number one position for a single day’s takings in the US, recording over $700,000 on 4 May, nearly six weeks after its release. In one of her posts, Curtis wrote: “How is it POSSIBLE, that in week six, SIX, that our little MOVIE THAT COULD AND CAN AND IS CRUSHING the box office … This little miracle of a movie is proving that art will out and that creativity and independent cinema is very much ALIVE and KICKING.” Doctor Strange was released on 5 May and recorded an estimated $36m on its opening day.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...marvels-rival-multiverse-movie-doctor-strange
Read More

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jamie Lee Curtis starts ‘feud’ with Marvel’s rival multiverse movie Doctor Strange
By Andrew Pulver
May 9, 2022

The actor’s Instagram outburst comes after a box office triumph for her latest film, Everything Everywhere All at Once

zOtlTvl.jpg

Jamie Lee Curtis has berated Marvel’s new film Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, comparing it unfavourably with her new movie Everything Everywhere All at Once while conceding she has blown her chances of getting a role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

In a string of posts on social media, Curtis, star of Halloween, claimed Everything Everywhere All at Once “out marvels any Marvel movie they put out there” and even suggested Doctor Strange had used a “copycat” poster. She added: “Is this one of those internet feuds? All I’ll say is we would SLAY in a family feud contest … with the Doctor Strange strangers.”

Curtis’ Instagram posts appear to have been sparked by Everything Everywhere All at Once’s exceptional box office performance, including reaching the number one position for a single day’s takings in the US, recording over $700,000 on 4 May, nearly six weeks after its release. In one of her posts, Curtis wrote: “How is it POSSIBLE, that in week six, SIX, that our little MOVIE THAT COULD AND CAN AND IS CRUSHING the box office … This little miracle of a movie is proving that art will out and that creativity and independent cinema is very much ALIVE and KICKING.” Doctor Strange was released on 5 May and recorded an estimated $36m on its opening day.

Read More

She needs to focus on her own movie and be happy and appreciative of its success. More than most, she should realize that movies are made to MAKE MONEY. And Dr Strange and the blockbusters do that on a regular basis. It’s what the majority of moviegoers WANT to see. BIG EVENT movies bring fans to the BIG SCREENS. Touch luck if the reality of that bothers some people, but the fans and their wallets dictate where the industry goes.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
She needs to focus on her own movie and be happy and appreciative of its success. More than most, she should realize that movies are made to MAKE MONEY. And Dr Strange and the blockbusters do that on a regular basis. It’s what the majority of moviegoers WANT to see. BIG EVENT movies bring fans to the BIG SCREENS. Touch luck if the reality of that bothers some people, but the fans and their wallets dictate where the industry goes.
Maybe I am wrong but I believe Curtis thought out this ploy thoroughly. Curtis' smart and has seen how theater runs play out for decades. I think her postings are purely and purposefully PR to regain some of her movie's audience back. That is my guess at least.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe I am wrong but I believe Curtis thought out this ploy thoroughly. Curtis' smart and has seen how theater runs play out for decades. I think her postings are purely and purposefully PR to regain some of her movie's audience back. That is my guess at least.

Maybe. And maybe I’m overly sensitive when I perceive attacks on the superhero genre.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
What Spell Did Marvel Cast on the MPA for ‘Doctor Strange 2’ to Receive a PG-13 Rating?
By Clayton Davis
May 7, 2022

Doctor-Strange-3.jpg

I’ve never been one to strictly follow ratings advice, and neither did my parents: The first two movie theater experiences of my life were “Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers” (1989) and “Terminator 2: Judgment Day” (1991), at the tender ages of four and six. During “Halloween,” I ran out of the theater once a rake was shoved into some guy’s forehead, so I didn’t find out how the movie ended for another decade.

But despite my early indoctrination into horror, when friends have asked, “Can I bring my kids to see ‘Doctor Strange’ this weekend,” I’ve answered, “I don’t think I would.”

The Motion Picture Association’s film ratings board has existed since 1968, but the system created to assist parents in deciding what films are appropriate for children continues to make sometimes-inexplicable choices that can leave parents as confused as ever.

Read More

When I saw Jaws in the theater it was only rated PG. I was 10 and saw it with my 9 yr old cousin, we rode our bikes to a Saturday matinee showing. Maybe not by today's standards but for the mid-70's, that was a pretty intense PG movie. It was kinda scary, we thought it was pretty cool, but it was the after effects.... we had a family trip planned for the coast the following week. o_O

I was bound and determined to get in the water, I wasn't gonna let that movie scare me..... :laugh: I never got more than about thigh deep, boy I was nervous kept looking around, looked like many people were doing the same thing too....... and that dang music playing in my head:laugh: At one point a piece of seaweed, at least that's what I told myself later, touched my leg...... man, I lit out of that water like a scalded cat......

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When I saw Jaws in the theater it was only rated PG. I was 10 and saw it with my 9 yr old cousin, we rode our bikes to a Saturday matinee showing. Maybe not by today's standards but for the mid-70's, that was a pretty intense PG movie. It was kinda scary, we thought it was pretty cool, but it was the after effects.... we had a family trip planned for the coast the following week. o_O

I was bound and determined to get in the water, I wasn't gonna let that movie scare me..... :laugh: I never got more than about thigh deep, boy I was nervous kept looking around, looked like many people were doing the same thing too....... and that dang music playing in my head:laugh: At one point a piece of seaweed, at least that's what I told myself later, touched my leg...... man, I lit out of that water like a scalded cat......
We went to Myrtle Beach the following Summer. I was fine until I got stung on the side by a jellyfish.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:laugh:

That sounds a little bit like me after watching The Exorcist when it came out. I must have kept a night light on for three months straight afterwards. I was not going to be taken by surprise and determined to see the Devil coming for me. "YOU'RE NOT DEALING WTH A LITTLE GIRL THIS TIME SATAN!" :p

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:laugh:

That sounds a little bit like me after watching The Exorcist when it came out. I must have kept a night light on for three months straight afterwards. I was not going to be taken by surprise and determined to see the Devil coming for me. "YOU'RE NOT DEALING WTH A LITTLE GIRL THIS TIME SATAN!" :p
...he screamed, hiding under the covers. :muttley:

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score

I went to see it as a child as well. I got in the ocean for the first time 5 years ago. I'm 54. If the water wasn't crystal clear and calm I wouldn't have been in there at all.

Edit: I think it might have been more like 6-7 years ago. I'm really bad at timelines.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I went to see it as a child as well. I got in the ocean for the first time 5 years ago. I'm 54. If the water wasn't crystal clear and calm I wouldn't have been in there at all.

Edit: I think it might have been more like 6-7 years ago. I'm really bad at timelines.
It musta really scared you to wait 40 years. To be fair, that movie is probably why many people won't go into the water.