Comics and Movies

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what did you guys think of moon knight??
I thought it was awful and disappointing . too british, too much comedy and really bad comedy.
It was not awful and disappointing to me. A good '85%' of the series was Oscar Isaac' acting the characters of Marc Spector and Steven Grant, which was pretty good. So was F. Murray Abraham's voicework as Khoushu and May Calamawy's interaction as Layla.

Instead, the overwhelming focus on Isaac's acting prowess diminished the true centerpiece of the series, which should have been Moon Knight himself. The non-attention to MK made the series flat and ho-hum more often than not but not entirely.

I did not get a 'too british' feel. Then again, that is likely do to me normally tuning out actors' accents. For example, I could describe all Star Wars episodes as too british but don't because I do not pay that close attention to how every line is spoken, lol.

There was much more satire delivered than comedy in my opinion. I think most of the dialogue sought to make the audience chuckle than belly laugh at the material. That said, I did laugh pretty hard at Marc and Steven freaking out the first time they ran into Taweret the hippo goddess. That was definitely comedy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what did you guys think of moon knight??
I thought it was awful and disappointing . too british, too much comedy and really bad comedy.

It was a great opportunity for Oscar Isaac to show his acting talent and range. But after a fast start, the series disappointed overall. The title character was barely in it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DC has its current real-life dark side with Ezra Miller and Amber Heard. The same goes Marvel, albeit lesser known. :facepalm:

Doctor Strange actress Zara Phythian and husband convicted of multiple counts of child sex abuse
Joey Nolfi
Wed, May 11, 2022

_124310282_gettyimages-617805396.jpg

Doctor Strange actress Zara Phythian and her husband, Victor Marke, have been convicted of multiple charges of child sex abuse in a British court.

According to a document provided to EW by the Nottingham Crown Court clerk, 37-year-old Phythian — who was tried under the name Zara Marke — was convicted of 14 counts, with her 59-year-old husband convicted of 18.

The counts for Phythian all relate to sexual activity with a child that occurred between December 2005 and December 2008. She is named alongside Marke in all of her charges, though he is individually included on four additional indecent assault charges (for actions dating back to September 2002) as an individual.

Read More

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ms Marvel creator speaks up on MCU show's 'controversial' superpower change
By Tom Power
May 12, 2022

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Sana Amanat – one of five comic book creators who developed Kamala Khan – accepted that the Pakistani-American superhero's fans were frustrated with the move. However, Amanat suggested that the change was necessary for Ms Marvel's live-action counterpart and how her story fits into the wider Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).

In the comics, Khan acquires her powers after she's exposed to a substance called Terrigen Mist. As a result, the Inhuman's dormant abilities are unlocked, allowing her to grow (and stretch) in size and stature – a process known as embiggening – or alter her body composition to fit into small spaces. Ms Marvel also possesses superhuman strength, speed, and endurance, enhanced healing factor, and bioluminescence.

Fans were excited to see Marvel bring Khan's unique powers to the MCU. However, many were left disheartened and angry when the Disney Plus show's first trailer revealed that Khan's abilities will be derived from magical bracelets she finds.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/m...newsntp&cvid=0958f64bb53647c2ae7bbd9879cad395
Read More

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ms. Marvel co-creator Sana Amanat on bringing Kamala Khan from page to screen
By Devan Coggan
May 11, 2022

Sana Amanat has been with Kamala Khan since the beginning. The longtime Marvel comics editor helped create Ms. Marvel back in 2014 in collaboration with writer G. Willow Wilson, editor Steve Wacker, and artist Adrian Alphona. Ever since the teenage Kamala burst onto the Marvel scene with her embiggened fists and wide-eyed enthusiasm, she's become one of the most beloved new superheroes of the last decade, a quirky Jersey City native who's incredibly powerful — and incredibly human.

Now, Kamala is making the leap to the screen, and Iman Vellani will star as the Pakistani-American hero in the upcoming Ms. Marvel series on Disney+. Like her comics counterpart, the Kamala of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is a geeky, Muslim high schooler who looks up to Brie Larson's Carol Danvers, a.k.a. Captain Marvel. When Kamala develops powers of her own, she decides to follow in her idol's footsteps and become a hero in her own right.

For Amanat, who serves as a producer on the series, she's thrilled to be able to introduce Kamala's story to an even larger audience.

Read More

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DC has its current real-life dark side with Ezra Miller and Amber Heard. The same goes Marvel, albeit lesser known. :facepalm:

Doctor Strange actress Zara Phythian and husband convicted of multiple counts of child sex abuse
Joey Nolfi
Wed, May 11, 2022

_124310282_gettyimages-617805396.jpg

Doctor Strange actress Zara Phythian and her husband, Victor Marke, have been convicted of multiple charges of child sex abuse in a British court.

According to a document provided to EW by the Nottingham Crown Court clerk, 37-year-old Phythian — who was tried under the name Zara Marke — was convicted of 14 counts, with her 59-year-old husband convicted of 18.

The counts for Phythian all relate to sexual activity with a child that occurred between December 2005 and December 2008. She is named alongside Marke in all of her charges, though he is individually included on four additional indecent assault charges (for actions dating back to September 2002) as an individual.

Read More

If true, it’s a terrible crime and she should be punished. But I have to ask, “who”?

Unlike DC’s issues, with stars of their films. This woman was barely an extra.

I actually just watched the footage of Ezra Miller being arrested. What an *******.

He needs to be bounced out of Hollywood.

nobody

Reaction score
If true, it’s a terrible crime and she should be punished. But I have to ask, “who”?

Unlike DC’s issues, with stars of their films. This woman was barely an extra.

I actually just watched the footage of Ezra Miller being arrested. What an *******.

He needs to be bounced out of Hollywood.

I find it funny that they have to go back to a 2016 movie where the actor is an extra who hasn't been in a Marvel movie since to make the comparison to somehow make it seem like it's the same thing.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I find it funny that they have to go back to a 2016 movie where the actor is an extra who hasn't been in a Marvel movie since to make the comparison to somehow make it seem like it's the same thing.
Surprised she wasn't somehow "linked" to the Dallas Cowboys.:laugh:

quickccc

Reaction score
September 1962: Marvel introduces Jane Foster...

qJNtpn0.png

August 1978: Marvel imagines Foster as more than Thor's love interest...

26x0Huy.png

October 2014: Marvel's imagination takes Foster to the next level...

yeMf1vx.png

Coming soon to Marvel's Cinematic Universe...

hGYfnEs.gif

(sigh) ..Sorry but i hate the corny idea of uru hammer wielding Jane Foster- Thor.. seems really corny and not worth takin' serious. ..

Wasn't it enuff as it is trying to see a horse-face Thor as " Beta Ray Thor " ..?? . :confused:

quickccc

Reaction score
Oh, I see. I like Dunst was good. Worst MJ is Zendaya by a mile.

Zendaya is not even close to a convincing performer and appeal as Kristen Dunst.
i see a pretty face with Zendaya ..and that's it. i don't even take her serious and always snooze right by her character in the Spidey films.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
(sigh) ..Sorry but i hate the corny idea of uru hammer wielding Jane Foster- Thor.. seems really corny and not worth takin' serious. ..

Wasn't it enuff as it is trying to see a horse-face Thor as " Beta Ray Thor " ..?? . :confused:

Hey! I like Beta Ray Bill!
:angry:

I’d rather see a movie featuring him than the idea of Jane playing Thor. Enough with the recasting attempts.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Wait. I LOVED Beta Ray Bill. Heck. Beta may be one of only a few characters in the Marvel Universe more "noble" than Odinson.

I will wait-and-see how well Natalie Portman does on screen before labeling it corny. They got it right in the books. Hopefully they will do as well or better in the movie.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zendaya is not even close to a convincing performer and appeal as Kristen Dunst.
i see a pretty face with Zendaya ..and that's it. i don't even take her serious and always snooze right by her character in the Spidey films.
Shoot. I may eventually post a 'What Is Your Opinion of Zendaya' poll. She is much less liked than I used to think. :muttley:

quickccc

Reaction score
Wait. I LOVED Beta Ray Bill. Heck. Beta may be one of only a few characters in the Marvel Universe more "noble" than Odinson.

I will wait-and-see how well Natalie Portman does on screen before labeling it corny. They got it right in the books. Hopefully they will do as well or better in the movie.

Did you ever wondered why the studios never bothered to place Beta Ray Bill in any of the Thor movies, Avengers or any other of the Marvel films ?
Even in the dreaded Thor: Dark World ?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I’m fine that she’s the Mighty Thor in this film. With Chris Hemsworth. Just don’t try to give me a future film with her as Thor if Hemsworth is, in fact, done in the role.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you ever wondered why the studios never bothered to place Beta Ray Bill in any of the Thor movies, Avengers or any other of the Marvel films ?
Even in the dreaded Thor: Dark World ?
@Stash beat me to it. I was not the biggest Thor: Ragnarok fan but did like its nod to Beta. Seeing him in Thor: The Dark World would seem out of place to me.

quickccc

Reaction score
I’m fine that she’s the Mighty Thor in this film. With Chris Hemsworth. Just don’t try to give me a future film with her as Thor if Hemsworth is, in fact, done in the role.

This is why i enjoyed the various and indifferent views and opinions here, as i continue to think Chris Hemsworth was an idea Mighty Thor.
Is he too British toned for you ? ;)

And interesting how they never brought or developed Thor's alter ego Dr. Donald Blake into the fray. Just kept Hemsworth as Asgardian Thor only.
and i think it really worked out better this way.