Comics and Movies

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Their project sounds very auspicious and far-reaching. That will require detailed, meticulous planning and coordination between large groups. The plan and project management for something like this needs to be outstanding.

For all of our sake, I hope they can pull it off.

But again, my bet is another attempt at doing Crisis on Infinite Earths. That’s usually their go-to.
They could use the Flashpoint storyline that's coming in The Flash next summer as a foundation AND remove Ezra Miller from future projects at the same time. Two birds. One stone. That would be one way to bunch all the previous DCEU stuff together, clean it up and reset whatever's necessary, while not disturbing Black Adam's continuity.

A Kingdom Come story arc would be awesome integrating "Elsesworld" material like Joker and The Batman. It would be highly ambitious and likely not something Gunn or Safran would gravitate towards though.

Blackest Night would be major, all-encompassing saga. Admittedly, it would not really be serviceable as a restart for the New DCU, especially with a good Green Lantern sub-story not really established yet.

You may end up being right after weeding though the alternatives. Crisis on Infinite Earths here we come. :) :(

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
<copied from other threads>

There has been something I don't like about the black panther story line. I have been trying to figure it out, and I finally thought of what it was the other day. The story line is cool, and I like the power and technology. What I don't like is that it is like black widow and the arrow guy x1000. Aside from the black panther, it is a whole bunch of regular people fighting stuff that should kill them right off. Wakandas population should be wiped out after the wakanda battle in end game. There is no way the normal people fight those creatures.

Hopefully it is only the one guy with super powers in this new one, and the normal fish guys are human level strength
Your opinion that 'a whole bunch of regular people fighting stuff that should kill them right off' may be correct. There is no way to test the theory. Television shows and movies are not bound exclusively to critical thinking.

Black Widow, Hawkeye and Wakandans have fought against superior opponents (and often outnumbered) in comics for many decades. These movies and television shows are adaptations of the print genre. The print genre is depended upon human imagination. The same goes for these adaptations that have been released to the public on the big and small screens decades after their conflicts were captured in print.

It is perfectly fine if your imagination cannot be suspended to the point where Natasha Romanoff scissor kick dropping a 400-pound alien on his buttocks; or Clint Barton shooting three arrows simultaneously at three different androids located in three separate locations hit dead center; or Wakandans, welding vibranium-based handheld shields, absorbs kinetic force enough to survive being rolled over and prevented themselves from being crushed by a humongous, fast-moving, 100 ton, metal wheel with enormous spikes.

Let's not make Black Panther an exception. Vibranium nanotech fibers, plus super secret Wakandan fruit nectar ingested for superior strength and speed, should not be enough protection from dozens of galactic traveling aliens rushing him from all angles at once. That's fine too.

The only necessity is for the same success formula used in comics can equivalently translate to live action and animation fare. That formula "works" whenever enough viewers find some degree of entertainment for themselves in what they watch. And that success is accomplished through a self-acceptable measure of suspended critical thinking.
In the other thread I put a trailer for wakanda, and stated why I didn't like the wakanda theme. In this thread I asked you if the normal people in the new wakanda were fighting foes stronger than them. You brought in other movies, I responded with what popped in my head at the time, it was never my point.

It is my personal observation/opinion. I will wait until Wakanda is free to stream, and I might raise my 2.3 rating
I assume 'free to stream' means you will be catching the film outside of Disney+. :muttley: Is it a common practice of yours to pre-grade a movie or television show before seeing it? Or is Wakanda Forever an exception for the reason you have given?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Your opinion that 'a whole bunch of regular people fighting stuff that should kill them right off' may be correct. There is no way to test the theory. Television shows and movies are not bound exclusively to critical thinking.

Black Widow, Hawkeye and Wakandans have fought against superior opponents (and often outnumbered) in comics for many decades. These movies and television shows are adaptations of the print genre. The print genre is depended upon human imagination. The same goes for these adaptations that have been released to the public on the big and small screens decades after their conflicts were captured in print.

It is perfectly fine if your imagination cannot be suspended to the point where Natasha Romanoff scissor kick dropping a 400-pound alien on his buttocks; or Clint Barton shooting three arrows simultaneously at three different androids located in three separate locations hit dead center; or Wakandans, welding vibranium-based handheld shields, absorbs kinetic force enough to survive being rolled over and prevented themselves from being crushed by a humongous, fast-moving, 100 ton, metal wheel with enormous spikes.

Let's not make Black Panther an exception. Vibranium nanotech fibers, plus super secret Wakandan fruit nectar ingested for superior strength and speed, should not be enough protection from dozens of galactic traveling aliens rushing him from all angles at once. That's fine too.

The only necessity is for the same success formula used in comics can equivalently translate to live action and animation fare. That formula "works" whenever enough viewers find some degree of entertainment for themselves in what they watch. And that success is accomplished through a self-acceptable measure of suspended critical thinking.
I assume 'free to stream' means you will be catching the film outside of Disney+. :muttley: Is it a common practice of yours to pre-grade a movie or television show before seeing it? Or is Wakanda Forever an exception for the reason you have given?

That was well thought out DallasEast.

You answered my question in the other thread on the Wakanda movie, and I thank you.

I will let you get back to your comic and movie forumula: go to search engine > type something i have not copied and pasted on comics > copy and paste article into comic and movie thread

I don't have disney +, but I watch it with people who have it

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CRAP! I did not see this until just now. :(

Kevin Conroy, who died at 66, was maybe the greatest performer of Batman ever
By Glen Weldon | npr
November 11, 2022

Actor Kevin Conroy has died. He was 66.

Conroy voiced the Caped Crusader on Batman: The Animated Series from 1992 to 1996, as well as in 15 films, 15 animated series and two dozen video games. To several generation of fans, including mine, he simply...was Batman.

That's because Conroy understood something very fundamental about the character that no other actor to play Batman ever has:

Batman isn't a disguise. Batman is the real guy.

Read more

I think @cowboyec was a big fan of Batman: The Animated Series so I am tagging just in case Conroy's passing went unnoticed. Such a wonderful voice actor, even well-beyond Batman/Bruce Wayne. A distinctive voice like his will be imitated but never replaced.

Rest in peace, Mr. Conroy.

cowboyec

Reaction score
wow.
did not know that.
he was MY batman.
his work as THE voice of the dark knight is beyond legendary.
batman:the animated series is a helluva legacy.
light up that bat-signal.
he will be missed.
:bow:THANK YOU MR. CONROY:bow:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Black Adam's Greatest Enemies In DC Comics
By David Harth | CBR
November 11, 2022

Black Adam has had quite a career. Beginning his life as a hero of Kahndaq back in ancient days, his return in the modern age saw him embrace villainy before becoming an anti-hero. Since then, he's gone back and forth on the morality spectrum, currently resting more on the hero side. Over the years, he's fought plenty of heroes and villains, including many of the most powerful beings on Earth and beyond.

Black Adam is the type of person to make enemies rather easily. He rubs many the wrong way, which has gotten him into loads of fights. Adam's corps of enemies is large, with each one having done damage to his life in some way over the years.

Read more

The Spectre Almost Destroyed Black Adam And Kahndaq
09. Captain Marvel Jr. And Black Adam Have A Special Grudge
08. Alexander Luthor Used Adam For His Goals
Intergang Helped Bring About The Worst Event In Adam's Modern Life
The Justice Society Has Stood In Black Adam's Way Many Times
Superman And Black Adam Have A Complicated Rivalry
04. Eclipso Has A Grudge Against Black Adam
03. Mary Marvel And Adam Had Their Share Of Tussles
The Four Horsemen Of Apokolips Destroyed The Black Marvel Family
Shazam And Black Adam Are Polar Opposites

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zack Snyder Drops A Bombshell About DC
By Mark McKee | Giant Freakin Robot
November 11, 2022

During the merger between Warner Bros and Discovery, new CEO David Zaslow had a lot on his plate, not the least of which was trying to figure out what he was going to do with a franchise that was supposed to be competing with the Marvel Cinematic Universe and instead is virtually dead in the water. His first order of business was to shelve a ton of projects, kill others, and give any fan of the DCEU little to no hope that their franchise of characters was ever going to continue; then he hired James Gunn and Peter Safran to take it into the future and gave Henry Cavill a return to Superman in Black Adam. This doesn’t say that the franchise is returning by any means, and even with these two on board with an eight to ten-year plan mapped out, Zack Snyder told The Preston & Steve Show that he is off doing his own thing and has yet to receive a call from DC.

Read more

*Note: Article contains 1:28-minute tweet not included in this post due to embedded language.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smithsonian to Unveil Display of Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther Suit
Atlanta Daily World
November 11, 2022

Black Panther is getting a special spot at the Smithsonian, the museum announced ahead of the sequel’s box office premiere.

The Black Panther suit worn by late actor Chadwick Boseman in the 2018 Marvel film will be on full display at the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC) in Washington, D.C this spring, WUSA 9 reports.

Boseman’s suit will be featured in the museum’s “major, thought-provoking” exhibition, “Afrofuturism: A History of Black Futures,” which will be unveiled on March 24, 2023. The Smithsonian acquired the iconic costume, a script signed by Ryan Coogler, along with other memorabilia from the film.

Boseman, who died from colon cancer at 43 in 2020, starred as the Marvel franchise’s Black Panther, a character that first made its historic debut in a July 1996 comic, according to the University Libraries at Washington University in St. Louis.

Read More

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8 Actors Who Would Make A Perfect MCU Sabertooth
By Jerrad Wyche | Game Rant
November 11, 2022

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is set to introduce a host of mutants from the X-Men series into their ongoing blockbuster movie franchise. Fans are clamoring to see who is cast to portray many of the heroic and/or lovable X-Men, but there's not enough being said about the villainous characters.

Some would argue evil roles in the Marvel universe require better acting skills, and whether that's true or not, a good villain can make an okay movie good and a good movie great. From young emerging actors to older Hollywood stars, there are more than a handful of men who could possibly nail the role of Sabertooth in the MCU, Wolverine's arch nemesis and the muscle of the Brotherhood of Mutants.

Read more

Noah Centineo
7. Jacob Elordi
Rory McCann
5. Charlie Hunnam
4. Alexander Skarsgard
3. Jason Mamoa
Ryan Corr
Ryan Hurst

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
November 11, 2022

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is set to introduce a host of mutants from the X-Men series into their ongoing blockbuster movie franchise. Fans are clamoring to see who is cast to portray many of the heroic and/or lovable X-Men, but there's not enough being said about the villainous characters.

Some would argue evil roles in the Marvel universe require better acting skills, and whether that's true or not, a good villain can make an okay movie good and a good movie great. From young emerging actors to older Hollywood stars, there are more than a handful of men who could possibly nail the role of Sabertooth in the MCU, Wolverine's arch nemesis and the muscle of the Brotherhood of Mutants.

Read more

Noah Centineo
7. Jacob Elordi
6. Rory McCann
5. Charlie Hunnam
4. Alexander Skarsgard
3. Jason Mamoa
2. Ryan Corr
1. Ryan Hurst
Hurst would definitely be a good fit.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

I think that was one of the reasons I liked Netflix's Daredevil so much, he got his butt kicked quite a bit, he was constantly getting patched up, bandaged up, stitched up, he was battered, bruised and bloody. Even though he was a superhero, it felt more realistic, more believable, they showed the consequences of taking kicks, fists, and blows, you just don't shake them off without without some visible marks.

nobody

Reaction score
I think that was one of the reasons I liked Netflix's Daredevil so much, he got his butt kicked quite a bit, he was constantly getting patched up, bandaged up, stitched up, he was battered, bruised and bloody. Even though he was a superhero, it felt more realistic, more believable, they showed the consequences of taking kicks, fists, and blows, you just don't shake them off without without some visible marks.

Even in Spider-Man comics, he'd have to deal with injuries from previous issues often and he's a little tougher and heals a bit faster than regular people. The thing about the movies is that them dealing with sustained injuries during the course of the movie would kill the pacing of the movie. Daredevil had multiple episodes to deal with that. Do I agree with them when they do it even for pacing? No. I dislike it. I get it though. It's especially bad when it's "normal" humans.

One Superhero movie did it right though. The Incredible Hulk when Blonsky got the messed up super soldier serum and Hulk kicked him into a tree...he wasn't ready to fight after that. He was messed up for a bit. Granted, he should have been dead, but at least they had him messed up.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Catwoman #49 Preview: Catwoman Plays in Traffic
By Jude Terror | Bleeding Cool
November 12, 2022

You can take Gotham out of the cat, but you can't take the cat out of Gotham. With some of Catwoman's power structures collapsed again, a clan of clowns has invaded Alleytown and Selina must use her power to handle things safely…without bringing more violence and crime into the area she loves and swears to protect. But when that fails, Selina realizes she's going to have to fight fire with fire once and for all.

Read more

Catwoman-49-5.jpg

0922DC178.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Catwoman #49 Preview: Catwoman Plays in Traffic
By Jude Terror | Bleeding Cool
November 12, 2022

You can take Gotham out of the cat, but you can't take the cat out of Gotham. With some of Catwoman's power structures collapsed again, a clan of clowns has invaded Alleytown and Selina must use her power to handle things safely…without bringing more violence and crime into the area she loves and swears to protect. But when that fails, Selina realizes she's going to have to fight fire with fire once and for all.

Read more

Catwoman-49-5.jpg

0922DC178.jpg
Did you transpose your first sentence? If she's not living in Gotham, then clearly you can take the girl out of Gotham. :grin:

quickccc

Reaction score
November 11, 2022

Read more

Noah Centineo
7. Jacob Elordi
6. Rory McCann
5. Charlie Hunnam
4. Alexander Skarsgard
3. Jason Mamoa
2. Ryan Corr
1. Ryan Hurst

- Jacob Elordi does not have the eyes for Sabretooth role.

- Charlie Hunnam ... Hmm, this would be only one on this list of consideration, imo. Let me dwell on this.

- Alexander Skarsgard (oh heck nooo ... i cannot stand that dead stare look he always have in every role he gets Grey Stoke, True Blood, Godzilla vs Kong, .. he has that same look every time !

- Stephen Moyer (Bill from True Blood) yeh, It's not on the list, but it's a name i'd think about six time before twice turning down Skargard. .

- Jason Samone (yawn) he has already been overcast, multi-cast and typecast, from Conan and now as Aquaman. Been there, done that.

- Noah Centineo why would they want a baby face kiddo look like Noah ?

- Dave Bautista ? - BTW, .. nope ! ..not this either. Too type cast - Let ‘em stay and stick to Guardians.

I think it would be more of a splash play for an splashy named actor from MMA, Wrestle Mania or ex-NFL figure, one that can be trusted with an extensive speaking role. ..
But agree that it he has to be a very tall and ripped or husky enough figure.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
James Gunn & Peter Safran's DC Roadmap Details Revealed by Warner Bros. Discovery CEO
By Jonathan Fuge | MovieWeb
November 15, 2022

Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav has revealed details of the new roadmap for DC movies and productions following the appointment of Guardians of the Galaxy and The Suicide Squad director James Gunn and Aquaman producer Peter Safran. Speaking with THR, Zaslav revealed that the creative pair are “coming close to the end” of planning out this roadmap, which the publication refers to as a ‘bible,’ and is expected to cover the next decade of the DC Cinematic Universe.

“I think over the next few years, you’re going to see a lot of growth and opportunity around DC, there’s not going to be four Batmans. And so part of our strategy is drive the hell out of DC, which James and Peter are going to do. I think they’ve thrilled the fans. I think they’re going to thrill you over a period of time.”

Aside from hyping up the good work being done by Gunn and Safran, Zaslav suggested that the DC Universe will be streamlined, stating that there will not be “four Batmans” by the end of it all. Currently, the likes of Robert Pattinson, Ben Affleck, and a returning Michael Keaton are all Batman, with Zaslav’s words suggesting that one or more of these Dark Knights will be put out to pasture. Considering that work is currently underway on The Batman 2, with director Matt Reeves creating his own Batman-centric universe, it is unlikely to be Pattinson’s iteration.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
James Gunn Teases Mister Terrific, But Is He Joining 'Peacemaker' or the DC Movie Universe?
By Marco Vito Oddo | Collider
November 15, 2022

James Gunn, recently appointed co-head of DC Studios together with Peter Safran, has used his Twitter account to tease Mister Terrific is coming to the DC Extended Universe. Gunn and Safran have been working on a 10-year plan to unify every DC production on film, TV, animation, and even games as Warner Bros. Discovery tries to copy Marvel Studios’ successful media strategy.

Since he officially took the job of DCEU overlord, Gunn has been using his Twitter account to ask fans which character they would like to see represented in future movies and shows while also teasing some of the projects he would like to develop. Today, Gunn posted an image of Michael Holt, the second man to take the mantle of Mister Terrific in DC Comics.

Created by John Ostrander and Tom Mandrake for 1997’s Spectre Vol 3 #54, Holt is a self-made millionaire with an eidetic memory and genius-level intellect who trained until achieving peak physical condition to fight crime. The character is also remembered for his T-shaped face mask, also known as T-Mask, a marvelous piece of technology that makes Mister Terrific invisible to any kind of technology. The character was adapted to live-action as part of CW’s Arrowverse, played by Echo Kellum. However, so far, Mister Terrific never got his own film or TV show.

Read more

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
James Gunn & Peter Safran's DC Roadmap Details Revealed by Warner Bros. Discovery CEO
By Jonathan Fuge | MovieWeb
November 15, 2022

Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav has revealed details of the new roadmap for DC movies and productions following the appointment of Guardians of the Galaxy and The Suicide Squad director James Gunn and Aquaman producer Peter Safran. Speaking with THR, Zaslav revealed that the creative pair are “coming close to the end” of planning out this roadmap, which the publication refers to as a ‘bible,’ and is expected to cover the next decade of the DC Cinematic Universe.

“I think over the next few years, you’re going to see a lot of growth and opportunity around DC, there’s not going to be four Batmans. And so part of our strategy is drive the hell out of DC, which James and Peter are going to do. I think they’ve thrilled the fans. I think they’re going to thrill you over a period of time.”

Aside from hyping up the good work being done by Gunn and Safran, Zaslav suggested that the DC Universe will be streamlined, stating that there will not be “four Batmans” by the end of it all. Currently, the likes of Robert Pattinson, Ben Affleck, and a returning Michael Keaton are all Batman, with Zaslav’s words suggesting that one or more of these Dark Knights will be put out to pasture. Considering that work is currently underway on The Batman 2, with director Matt Reeves creating his own Batman-centric universe, it is unlikely to be Pattinson’s iteration.

Read more
I was really hoping to read that they scrapped plans to make the Joker sequel a musical.