Comics and Movies

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That doesn't make any sense, there's not a single comic from before 2002 and most less than 10 years old. "The Death Of Superman" was huge, main stream media and national news even had stories about the comic and event. I didn't even read Superman, but I bought a copy. Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns was big, Crisis on Infinite Earths, so many others from the 80's and 90's would have sold more than the ones on that list.

Instead of "of all time" the writer of the article meant to say "from when I started to read comics" :huh:
Is it possible that more people started reading comics with the advent of the internet?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Is it possible that more people started reading comics with the advent of the internet?
Totally possible, but when you look at their "#1" in all time sales, it barely sold 700k copies, when @DallasEast pointed out that Death Of Superman sold millions of copies, The Dark Knight Returns sold at least 1 million on initial release. I don't have the numbers, but can guarantee there were comics from the 80's and 90's that sold more than 289k copies that made #10 on their "all time" list.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DC and Marvel does allow for the reading of digital issues of comics, both present and past titles, via an online membership. I'm clueless how digital sales are tabulated but one of the titles on the list, Batman 10 Cent Adventure #1, is supposedly from 2002. I highly doubt that title was widely available in a digital format at that time and think it was distributed mainly as a newsstand paperback edition instead like The Death of Superman was a decade earlier.

I don't know. Maybe the article's writer got the sales numbers wrong? Truthfully, I could google for accurate numbers but I would just rather lazily believe the writer doesn't know what they were talking about. :)

quickccc

Reaction score
The Donner cut of Superman 2 has a superior way of her proving it. She points a gun at him and fires it, but it is full of blanks. She tricks him into revealing himself.

I didn't realize that version with Lois (Margot Kidder) firing blank gun at Clarke. i just recall an older version with Lex Luthor tossing Ms.Teschmacher into
a " Pit of roaring Lions ".because she rescued Superman,... but intercepted and rescued by Superman.

Funny how i cannot even find that Pit of Lions version anywhere nowadays.

(shucks, ..too bad I cannot post fun pics in new forum anymore. :confused:...)

nobody

Reaction score
I didn't realize that version with Lois (Margot Kidder) firing blank gun at Clarke. i just recall an older version with Lex Luthor tossing Ms.Teschmacher into
a " Pit of roaring Lions ".because she rescued Superman,... but intercepted and rescued by Superman.

Funny how i cannot even find that Pit of Lions version anywhere nowadays.

(shucks, ..too bad I cannot post fun pics in new forum anymore. :confused:...)

This version is soooo much better than what we got in the theater. It really shows how clever Lois is and is his mental equal:

quickccc

Reaction score
This version is soooo much better than what we got in the theater. It really shows how clever Lois is and is his mental equal:

Thanks for Sharing ....

Hmm, i dunno ... after seeing the blank gun " Lois Shoots Superman " version you provided, i think i'm still sticking with the clumsy " whoops- hand in fireplace" original version instead. .

- While looking the Lois Shoots Superman version up, i saw another ' Clarke is Superman ' tube on the side.
And that included a director's cut " Lois jumps from Building" cut version seems flat based off the Nigra Falls version.

- Whether Tall Building or Niagra Falls, i'd be cool with either version... :cool:

With all of these director cuts, which i've never seen before, i think it'd be a great idea for me to catch the entire Donner director cut version altogether ...

Maybe it'll even be similar to Zack Snyder's director's cut version of Justice League ..? :rolleyes:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for Sharing ....

Hmm, i dunno ... after seeing the blank gun " Lois Shoots Superman " version you provided, i think i'm still sticking with the clumsy " whoops- hand in fireplace" original version instead. .

- While looking the Lois Shoots Superman version up, i saw another ' Clarke is Superman ' tube on the side.
And that included a director's cut " Lois jumps from Building" cut version seems flat based off the Nigra Falls version.

- Whether Tall Building or Niagra Falls, i'd be cool with either version... :cool:

With all of these director cuts, which i've never seen before, i think it'd be a great idea for me to catch the entire Donner director cut version altogether ...

Maybe it'll even be similar to Zack Snyder's director's cut version of Justice League ..? :rolleyes:
It’s certainly less silly than the Richard Lester version we ultimately got.

quickccc

Reaction score
Thanks for Sharing ....

Superman 2 - Lois reveals the identity of Superman​

Juggernaut

Reaction score

I've quite enjoyed the prior Ant-Man films, but this trailer appears to show the trilogy has leveled up...
8xlAVLT.gif

nobody

Reaction score

I've quite enjoyed the prior Ant-Man films, but this trailer appears to show the trilogy has leveled up...
8xlAVLT.gif

I know Paul Rudd was talking about it being a lot more serious as a capstone to the trilogy, but this looks good. I hope the movie is as good as the trailer makes it look. Kang looks finally like a genuine creditable villain.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Angela Bassett Wins Golden Globe for ‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’ as First Actor to Earn Major Award for Marvel Movie

By Adam B. Vary and J. Kim Murphy ! Variety
January 10, 2023

GettyImages-1455614850.jpg

Angela Bassett won the Golden Globe award Tuesday for her performance as Queen Ramonda in “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever,” making the 64-year-old the first actor ever to win a major individual acting award for a movie based on Marvel Comics.

The evening marked Bassett’s second win (and second nomination) at the Globes; she took home the trophy for best actress in a musical or comedy for 1993’s Tina Turner biopic “What’s Love Got to Do With It.”

“I got to find my words. I’m so nervous. My heart is just beating,” Bassett began, taking the stage to accept the award. “The late Tony Morrison said that your life is already a miracle of chance just waiting for you to order its destiny. But in order for that destiny to manifest, I think that it requires courage to have faith. It requires patience, as we just heard. And it requires a true sense of yourself. It’s not easy because the past is circuitous and it has many unexpected detours, but, by the grace of God, I stand here. I stand here grateful.”

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Michelle Yeoh Tells Golden Globes to ‘Shut Up’ After Trying to Cut Her Speech Short: ‘I Can Beat You Up’

By Rebecca Rubin | Variety
January 10, 2023
Michelle-Yeoh-Golden-Globe-Win-3.jpg

Nobody is going to play off Michelle Yeoh. The actor, who won her first Golden Globe on Tuesday, jokingly told the awards show’s producers to “shut up” after trying to cut her speech short.

“I can beat you up,” said Yeoh as music started to play midway through her remarks. “And that’s serious.”

Yeoh was honored in the best actress in a motion picture, musical or comedy category, for playing many iterations of laundromat owner Evelyn Wang in A24’s zany multiverse adventure “Everything Everywhere All at Once.” The recognition wasn’t lost on Yeoh, whose decades-long career in Hollywood began with 1997’s James Bond film “Tomorrow Never Dies” and Ang Lee’s 2000 Oscar-winning martial arts drama “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.”

Read more

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Angela Bassett Wins Golden Globe for ‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’ as First Actor to Earn Major Award for Marvel Movie

January 10, 2023

Angela Bassett won the Golden Globe award Tuesday for her performance as Queen Ramonda in “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever,” making the 64-year-old the first actor ever to win a major individual acting award for a movie based on Marvel Comics.

The evening marked Bassett’s second win (and second nomination) at the Globes; she took home the trophy for best actress in a musical or comedy for 1993’s Tina Turner biopic “What’s Love Got to Do With It.”

“I got to find my words. I’m so nervous. My heart is just beating,” Bassett began, taking the stage to accept the award. “The late Tony Morrison said that your life is already a miracle of chance just waiting for you to order its destiny. But in order for that destiny to manifest, I think that it requires courage to have faith. It requires patience, as we just heard. And it requires a true sense of yourself. It’s not easy because the past is circuitous and it has many unexpected detours, but, by the grace of God, I stand here. I stand here grateful.”

Read more
Suck it, all you egomaniacal directors who think superhero movies aren't good enough!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know Paul Rudd was talking about it being a lot more serious as a capstone to the trilogy, but this looks good. I hope the movie is as good as the trailer makes it look. Kang looks finally like a genuine creditable villain.
I’m curious as to how this one will end (before I’ve seen it! Ha!)

Thanos was obviously a slow build and it worked because of the search for the Infinity Stones. That was the reason for the length of time.

But if Kang is introduced here, why would it takes years to get to the Kang Dynasty?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

Michelle Yeoh Tells Golden Globes to ‘Shut Up’ After Trying to Cut Her Speech Short: ‘I Can Beat You Up’

By Rebecca Rubin | Variety
January 10, 2023
Michelle-Yeoh-Golden-Globe-Win-3.jpg

Nobody is going to play off Michelle Yeoh. The actor, who won her first Golden Globe on Tuesday, jokingly told the awards show’s producers to “shut up” after trying to cut her speech short.

“I can beat you up,” said Yeoh as music started to play midway through her remarks. “And that’s serious.”

Yeoh was honored in the best actress in a motion picture, musical or comedy category, for playing many iterations of laundromat owner Evelyn Wang in A24’s zany multiverse adventure “Everything Everywhere All at Once.” The recognition wasn’t lost on Yeoh, whose decades-long career in Hollywood began with 1997’s James Bond film “Tomorrow Never Dies” and Ang Lee’s 2000 Oscar-winning martial arts drama “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.”

Read more
She was so good in that, a deserved win. :clap:

quickccc

Reaction score

January 10, 2023

Read more

I thought Letitia Michelle Wright as Shuri, could have easily made a case ..and even greater case, .for that Golden Globe award as well,
Both terrific acting performances by both Bassett and Wright ... they were capitivating. ;)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought Letitia Michelle Wright as Shuri, could have easily made a case ..and even greater case, .for that Golden Globe award as well,
Both terrific acting performances by both Bassett and Wright ... they were capitivating. ;)
You really think so? I didn’t feel that Wright’s performance was very good.