Comics and Movies

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

Titan Comics’ CONAN THE BARBARIAN Series Brings the Sword and Sorcery Hero Back​

Get ready to pick up your sword and return to the Hyborian AgeOpens in new tab. The folks at Titan Comics are teaming up with Heroic Signatures and launching a new Conan the Barbarian series this year, after acquiring the rights to Robert E. Howard’s iconic sword and sorcery hero in 2022.
https://nerdist.com/article/titan-c...ies-issue-one-cover-reveal-july-release-date/

Conan-Cover-Dan-Panosian.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Titan Comics’ CONAN THE BARBARIAN Series Brings the Sword and Sorcery Hero Back​

Get ready to pick up your sword and return to the Hyborian AgeOpens in new tab. The folks at Titan Comics are teaming up with Heroic Signatures and launching a new Conan the Barbarian series this year, after acquiring the rights to Robert E. Howard’s iconic sword and sorcery hero in 2022.
https://nerdist.com/article/titan-c...ies-issue-one-cover-reveal-july-release-date/

CROM!!!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Good stuff! Big Conan fan. Have all the books, graphic novels, movies, and even a large collectors statue in my office,

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Colossus and Vanessa Are Back in Action in 'Deadpool 3'

By Adam Luchies | Collider
April 12, 2023

Vanessa and Colossus are returning to the Deadpool film series. Morena Baccarin and Stefan Kapicic will reprise their roles in the upcoming sequel Deadpool 3, according to a report from Deadline. In the first Deadpool film, Vanessa was Wade Wilson's (Ryan Reynolds) fiancée. However, everything changed for the couple when Wade was diagnosed with terminal cancer and underwent an experiment that turned him into Deadpool. A big part of the plot of 2018's Deadpool 2 was Wade grieving over Vanessa's death at the beginning of the film, though he managed to bring her back in the end. Outside of Marvel, Baccarin has also appeared in the DC Universe. She played Leslie Thompkins in Fox's Batman prequel Gotham and voiced the computer Gideon in The CW's The Flash.

Read more
The opening credits in Deadpool 2 cracked me up after that opening scene with Vanessa. From the writers who probably killed the dog in John Wick. :laugh:

I have a crush on Morena Baccarin. She is hot stuff. Glad she’s back. The Deadpool and Colossus scenes are freaking hilarious in those movies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The opening credits in Deadpool 2 cracked me up after that opening scene with Vanessa. From the writers who probably killed the dog in John Wick. :laugh:

I have a crush on Morena Baccarin. She is hot stuff. Glad she’s back. The Deadpool and Colossus scenes are freaking hilarious in those movies.
Anyone who doesn't have a crush on Morena Baccarin is probably dead...and not freshly dead...like, dead for a long time.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Good stuff! Big Conan fan. Have all the books, graphic novels, movies, and even a large collectors statue in my office,
I'm big fan also, huge fan of Robert E. Howard, read as much of his stuff as I could get. Reading REH and Conan, in particular, is what got me into collecting comics.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Superman: The Movie's 45th anniversary is still eight months away but DC/Warner Bros Discovery has posted a modern day trailer recut:

A SLIGHTLY different look but I do not think today's trailer presentation style fits it well. Regardless, Christopher Reeves' glance to the left, then to the right, and sly smile left to the camera is as iconic as ever in my opinion.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Superman: The Movie's 45th anniversary is still eight months away but DC/Warner Bros Discovery has posted a modern day trailer recut:

A SLIGHTLY different look but I do not think today's trailer presentation style fits it well. Regardless, Christopher Reeves' glance to the left, then to the right, and sly smile left to the camera is as iconic as ever in my opinion.

Back when I collected DVDs, I had the old collectors edition with Commentary. One of the more interesting commentaries I’ve heard on a DVD was their special effects designer commentary. Didn’t realize how ahead of its time it was. Impressive listening to them talk about everything they did to make a 1970’s audience believe a man could fly.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Back when I collected DVDs, I had the old collectors edition with Commentary. One of the more interesting commentaries I’ve heard on a DVD was their special effects designer commentary. Didn’t realize how ahead of its time it was. Impressive listening to them talk about everything they did to make a 1970’s audience believe a man could fly.
I always wondered if you could go back in time and show a modern movie like something from the MCU, Avatar or The Matrix to a 1920s-30s audience...... how would they react? Would there be fainting and screaming, would they think people could actually fly or think magic is real?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Shows just how much better a movie can look in trailers.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

James Gunn Explains How Studio Notes Work for Marvel & DC Movies

By Spencer Legacy | ComingSoon.net
April 20, 2023

Director and DC Studios Co-CEO James Gunn has made some tweets to clarify how the concept of studio notes works.

After the director spoke about how Warner Bros. wouldn’t be giving any notes on DC Studios projects, a Twitter user asked Gunn who at DC would be giving him notes. This prompted the Co-CEO to explain how these notes work.

Gunn explained that he has received notes from “many different trusted parties” after giving his scripts and stories to them. He then said that “listening to constructive criticism is the lifeblood for any writer.”

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Terry Matalas Reacts To Constant Calls For Star Trek: Legacy, And Shares A Promising Update

By Mick Joest | CinemaBlend
April 21, 2023

WARNING: Article contains spoilers

<snip>

Terry Matalas is 100% on board to make Star Trek: Legacy, but the decision isn't exactly his to make. He gave me an update on where things stand at the moment in terms of a Picard spinoff happening and talked about the various factors at play that impact it:

You know, there’s conversations happening all the time. I think Alex [Kurtzman] has a plan for the Star Trek universe and I think he has to figure out how all these things play out, right? I don’t think he wants to rush into anything. He’s got two great [live-action] shows happening right now, Strange New Worlds and Starfleet Academy, and the Section 31 movie. So, you know, they’re pretty well stocked. At the same time, I think there’s a demand for this. I would say the fans should be loud and tell the world what they want. And maybe one day we’ll be able to do it…The fans are heard, but they should keep doing their thing.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

HBO Max's Titans Entered the DC Multiverse, Which Included Grant Morrison

By Rob Bricken | Gizmodo
April 21, 2023

7625eb555d937eabf1d9d5b3a0461cb1.jpg

Call it the sequel to the DC CW’s Crisis on Infinite Earths, if you’d like. This week’s episode of HBO Max series Titans—titled “Dude, Where’s My Gar,” which both delights and enrages me—took Gar “Beast Boy” Logan (Ryan Potter) on a brief trip to the current DC multiverse, from live-action to animation to real life, the last of which happens to be the home of brilliant comics creator Grant Morrison.

WARNING: Article contains spoilers

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Minds Behind Marvel's WandaVision and Star Wars: The Acolyte Are Developing a Vampire Show

By Cheryl Eddy | Gizmodo
April 21, 2023

Admit it: your first reaction was “Another damn vampire show?” (Your second was probably “Wait, Freeform is still around?”) But the talent behind Night’s Edge, an adaptation of Liz Kerin’s forthcoming Tor Nightfire novel, is intriguing enough to make this bloodsucking tale a potential winner, including Jac Schaeffer (WandaVision) and Leslye Headland (Russian Doll and Star Wars: The Acolyte).

Kerin’s book isn’t even out until June, but as Deadline reports, a series adaptation of its supernatural mother-daughter story is in “early development” at Freeform and 20th Television. Here’s the plot synopsis: “Having a mom like Izzy meant Mia had to grow up fast. No extracurriculars, no inviting friends over, and definitely no dating. The most important rule: tell no one of Izzy’s hunger—the kind only blood can satisfy. But Mia is in her 20s now and longs for a life of her own. One where she doesn’t have to worry about anyone discovering their terrible secret, or breathing down her neck. When Mia meets rebellious musician Jade she dares to hope she’s found a way to leave her home—and her mom—behind. It just might be Mia’s only chance of getting out alive.”

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Last Three Decades of Superhero Cinema, Explored

By Ryan Christian | MovieWeb
April 21, 2023

hundreds-of-superheroes-on-one-poster-overlapping-with-one-another.jpg

Regardless on where you stand when it comes to superhero and comic book movies, there is no denying their current domination in theaters. These films are currently experiencing a level of popularity that it is easy to forget was not always there. In fact, films based on comic books were once considered incredibly niche, and not particularly well regarded by critics.

The current state of superhero-dominated cinema is a process that has been in development for quite some time. In fact, it can be argued that the current trend involving comic adaptations began 30 years ago, and grew over three decades into the incredible entertainment phenomenon we experience in theaters today. Let’s take a look back at several influential movies from each decade and see if we can trace the ascent of the superhero genre through some of its most influential examples.

The 90s: From Camp to Grit

In the 1990s, comic book movies seemed to be on a slow but steady rise. Tim Burton’s 1989 Batman film had managed generally favorable reviews with critics, and a wider array of comics was being explored. Unlike previous iterations of comic films, some of these new pieces were darker. While it is easy to refer to Burton’s Batman Returns, another, even darker film garnered critical praise and is still considered a cult classic: The Crow, starring Brandon Lee.

Read more