Comics and Movies

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

‘Everything Everywhere’ Filmmakers Daniels Working on ‘Star Wars’ Series ‘Skeleton Crew’​

Newly minted Oscar winners Daniels have set a course for the Star Wars galaxy. The filmmakers behind Everything Everywhere All at Once are working on the Disney+ series Skeleton Crew, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.
The Daniels directed one episode of of Skeleton Crew. Lucasfilm could not be reached for comment on the story, which the site One Take News first reported.

Skelton Crew is the upcoming Disney+ show that stars Jude Law and hails from Tom Holland’s Spider-Man trilogy director Jon Watts, who approached Daniels before Everything Everywhere opened, the the duo filming their episode last year. It centers on a group of kids lost in the galaxy, trying to find their way home. The series, set in the New Republic era, is executive produced by The Mandalorian masterminds Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...-the-daniels-direct-skeleton-crew-1235356983/

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, the nerd king of the thread is getting dethroned!?

nerd-fight.gif

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I already believe it will not appeal to some of the audience months in advance of its release date. The Ms. Marvel vibe appears strong within the trailer. I appreciated how her series was formatted, so I *think* I know how the movie will shake out.

What I did not expect was seeing Nick Fury in advance of Secret Invasion. Perhaps Disney/Marvel thought any previews excluding Samuel L. Jackson would lessen its general appeal, especially this far in advance of the movie hitting theaters.

nobody

Reaction score

I already believe it will not appeal to some of the audience months in advance of its release date. The Ms. Marvel vibe appears strong within the trailer. I appreciated how her series was formatted, so I *think* I know how the movie will shake out.

What I did not expect was seeing Nick Fury in advance of Secret Invasion. Perhaps Disney/Marvel thought any previews excluding Samuel L. Jackson would lessen its general appeal, especially this far in advance of the movie hitting theaters.

As much as I dislike Brie Larson, the premise for this looks interesting. I won't see it in theaters but if I'm bored at some point I might watch it. I'm sort of burned out on Marvel movies. The format is almost always the exact same.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Here’s the Full Cast of DC’s ‘Creatures Commandos’ [Exclusive]

By Marco Vito Oddo | Collider
April 12, 2023

creature-commando-social-feature.jpg

Collider can exclusively reveal the entire voice cast of Creature Commandos, which is set to be the first animated series within the new DCU timeline. As expected, the series will feature the voice talents of Sean Gunn as Weasel, who will be joined by Frank Grillo as Rick Flag Sr., Maria Bakalova as Princess Ilana Rostovic, Indira Varma as The Bride, Zoe Chao as Nina Mazursky, Alan Tudyk as Dr. Phosphorus, David Harbour as Eric Frankenstein, Sean Gunn as G.I. Robot, with Steve Agee reprising his role as John Economos.

In the animated series, the Creature Commandos team works under the supervision of Amanda Waller. Waller (Viola Davis) was a big part of The Suicide Squad and its spinoff series, Peacemaker, and it’s set to make an HBO Max return with her own solo series. Since the new DCU intends to reuse the same cast members for live-action and animated projects, Davis was so far the only voice actor we imagined would be part of Creature Commandos. However, it seems like the team coordinator will be John Economos, who's one of Waller's most fateful employees. Since the animated series features the Weasel, which made his live-action debut in The Suicide Squad, portrayed by Sean Gunn, we expected James Gunn’s brother to return for the animated series, but it's nice to see he'll also voice a character capable of speaking G.I. Robot.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Colossus and Vanessa Are Back in Action in 'Deadpool 3'

By Adam Luchies | Collider
April 12, 2023

Vanessa and Colossus are returning to the Deadpool film series. Morena Baccarin and Stefan Kapicic will reprise their roles in the upcoming sequel Deadpool 3, according to a report from Deadline. In the first Deadpool film, Vanessa was Wade Wilson's (Ryan Reynolds) fiancée. However, everything changed for the couple when Wade was diagnosed with terminal cancer and underwent an experiment that turned him into Deadpool. A big part of the plot of 2018's Deadpool 2 was Wade grieving over Vanessa's death at the beginning of the film, though he managed to bring her back in the end. Outside of Marvel, Baccarin has also appeared in the DC Universe. She played Leslie Thompkins in Fox's Batman prequel Gotham and voiced the computer Gideon in The CW's The Flash.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The 15 Most Iconic Comic Book Sound Effects

By Brian Cronin | CBR
April 12, 2023

One of comic books' unique features is the humble sound effect. Films and TV shows are filled with sound effects and novels have described sounds for centuries, but comic books write out their sound effects, making them a distinct aspect of their stories. However, comic book sounds aren't merely described, they're very much experienced.

There are many sound effects Marvel and DC frequently use in their comic books. Among them, the most iconic sound effects have become famous for their connection to certain characters or certain moments in comic book history. As a result, every comic book fan knows these sound effects by heart.

Read more

15 KTANG
14 PUM-SPAK
13 HH
12 HURM
11 DOOM
10 PING
09 WHAAM
08 HA HA HA HA HA HA
07 SNAP
06 BWAH HA HA HA
05 BOOM
04 BAMF
03 THWIP
02 BIFF! BAM! POW!
01 SNIKT

lol at #13. #8 should have been #1. I wish I could hire an exorcist for #2.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heads up @quickccc :)

Disney Confirms The Marvels' Obscure Kree Villain

By Adam Barnhardt | Comicbook.com
April 12, 2023

The first teaser trailer for The Marvels has arrived, giving fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe their first look at the highly anticipated Captain Marvel sequel. Featured prominently throughout the trailer is Zawe Ahston's mysterious Kree character, seen donning a Cosmi-Rod similar to what was used by Ronan the Accuser (Lee Pace) in earlier MCU projects. Though the teaser itself didn't reveal just who Ashton is playing in the picture, Disney revealed the character's identity through its press kit.

According to a caption included with trailer stills, Ashton is playing the Kree warlord Dar-Benn, a character that first debuted in the 1990s as part of the Silver Surfer series. Within the source material, Dar-Benn only has a few appearances, so it's likely the character's leap to live-action will largely be an original take using a character name Marvel already has the rights to.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Meet 'The Lost One': The New Secret Behind Marvel's Multiverse

By Francesco Cacciatore | Screen Rant
April 21, 2023

the-lost-one-in-marvel-comics-featured.jpg

Marvel Comics has retconned once again the origins of the Multiverse by introducing a new all-powerful god called the Lost One, who existed "before the Omniverse". The Lost One is also responsible for creating the Beyonders, which not only changes again an important part of the history of the Marvel Universe, but also makes him the new strongest being in Marvel's cosmic hierarchy.

Avengers Beyond is the follow-up to All-Out Avengers, a mini-series that showed the Earth's Mightiest Heroes caught in the machinations of a mysterious, powerful creature who manipulated their minds and had the team move from one world-ending crisis to another. In Avengers Beyond #1, by Derek Landy, Greg Land, Jay Leisten, and Frank D'Armata, it is revealed that the mastermind is none other than the original Beyonder from Secret Wars, who was "training" the Avengers to fight against an upcoming threat that is coming for him, the Lost One. According to the Beyonder's story, this creature existed before the Omniverse and created the Beyonders, imbuing them "with the tiniest fraction of his power". The Beyonders then grew jealous of their creator and attacked him, stealing the rest of his power and trapping him for eons, until he finally got free and started hunting his treacherous creations.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The 10 Most Mind-Bending Science Fiction Movies of All Time

By Rick Gonzales | Giant Freakin Robot
April 11, 2023

Though some of the bigger movies are coming from Star Wars, Marvel, and DC these days, throughout film history science fiction movies have come in all shapes and sizes.

There are the ones that are fun and include fantastical elements perhaps never seen before. And there are others where a lot of thought is needed to try to decipher what is going on; the good ones will still keep you hooked.

Alien (1979)
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
Inception (2010)
The Matrix (1999)
Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022)
Blade Runner (1982)
Moon (2009)
Annihilation (2018)
Interstellar (2014)
Prometheus (2012)

Read more

Moon is the only one on the article's list that I have not seen yet.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The 10 Most Mind-Bending Science Fiction Movies of All Time

By Rick Gonzales | Giant Freakin Robot
April 11, 2023

Though some of the bigger movies are coming from Star Wars, Marvel, and DC these days, throughout film history science fiction movies have come in all shapes and sizes.

There are the ones that are fun and include fantastical elements perhaps never seen before. And there are others where a lot of thought is needed to try to decipher what is going on; the good ones will still keep you hooked.

Alien (1979)
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
Inception (2010)
The Matrix (1999)
Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022)
Blade Runner (1982)
Moon (2009)
Annihilation (2018)
Interstellar (2014)
Prometheus (2012)

Read more

Moon is the only one on the article's list that I have not seen yet.
Same here.

nobody

Reaction score

Meet 'The Lost One': The New Secret Behind Marvel's Multiverse

By Francesco Cacciatore | Screen Rant
April 21, 2023

the-lost-one-in-marvel-comics-featured.jpg

Marvel Comics has retconned once again the origins of the Multiverse by introducing a new all-powerful god called the Lost One, who existed "before the Omniverse". The Lost One is also responsible for creating the Beyonders, which not only changes again an important part of the history of the Marvel Universe, but also makes him the new strongest being in Marvel's cosmic hierarchy.

Avengers Beyond is the follow-up to All-Out Avengers, a mini-series that showed the Earth's Mightiest Heroes caught in the machinations of a mysterious, powerful creature who manipulated their minds and had the team move from one world-ending crisis to another. In Avengers Beyond #1, by Derek Landy, Greg Land, Jay Leisten, and Frank D'Armata, it is revealed that the mastermind is none other than the original Beyonder from Secret Wars, who was "training" the Avengers to fight against an upcoming threat that is coming for him, the Lost One. According to the Beyonder's story, this creature existed before the Omniverse and created the Beyonders, imbuing them "with the tiniest fraction of his power". The Beyonders then grew jealous of their creator and attacked him, stealing the rest of his power and trapping him for eons, until he finally got free and started hunting his treacherous creations.

Read more
That's why I refuse to read comics anymore. For a long time now, Comic writers forgot that you don't always have to up the stakes to write a compelling story.... they write like bad fan-fic writers instead and always up the stakes to insane degrees because they're truly incapable of writing great stories that are lower stakes that are compelling. Well, I should say instead that there are probably good writers, but they stick with the lower power tier properties. How long will this new being be the most powerful before they decide to write yet another out of the blue most powerful?

Originally the Beyonder was a fantastic concept as he was -the- most powerful but even then, his power could be usurped and eventually he was killed (Secret Wars 1 and 2).

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's why I refuse to read comics anymore. For a long time now, Comic writers forgot that you don't always have to up the stakes to write a compelling story.... they write like bad fan-fic writers instead and always up the stakes to insane degrees because they're truly incapable of writing great stories that are lower stakes that are compelling. Well, I should say instead that there are probably good writers, but they stick with the lower power tier properties. How long will this new being be the most powerful before they decide to write yet another out of the blue most powerful?

Originally the Beyonder was a fantastic concept as he was -the- most powerful but even then, his power could be usurped and eventually he was killed (Secret Wars 1 and 2).
The Lost One and the Beyonders are seemingly another variant of the Titans and Greek gods mythology.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:hammer:

quickccc

Reaction score
Heads up @quickccc :)

Disney Confirms The Marvels' Obscure Kree Villain

By Adam Barnhardt | Comicbook.com
April 12, 2023

The first teaser trailer for The Marvels has arrived, giving fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe their first look at the highly anticipated Captain Marvel sequel. Featured prominently throughout the trailer is Zawe Ahston's mysterious Kree character, seen donning a Cosmi-Rod similar to what was used by Ronan the Accuser (Lee Pace) in earlier MCU projects. Though the teaser itself didn't reveal just who Ashton is playing in the picture, Disney revealed the character's identity through its press kit.

According to a caption included with trailer stills, Ashton is playing the Kree warlord Dar-Benn, a character that first debuted in the 1990s as part of the Silver Surfer series. Within the source material, Dar-Benn only has a few appearances, so it's likely the character's leap to live-action will largely be an original take using a character name Marvel already has the rights to.
I am aware of Ronan the Accuser ..
Ditto with Death Bird and the Supreme Intelligence ..

But I admit that i am naive with.Dar- Been and such of the age of " Clumsy Foul Up "

i admit that while i watch a few of the Surfer 90's series, i was not a big fan of it.. i watched for the sake of liking the looks and super powers of the Surfer, and Galactus,
but i felt neither the comics nor the toon series did a impressive job of standing out the Surfer.

In fact, actually left and ignored Marvel comics at one point ..and quite awhile because i thought Marvel felt the need to substitute brilliant action for art work, ,,totally different
format ,so believe it or not, i retired from the comics. And when i decided to reinvent my interest again, they were several upon several characters

Since i have so very long awaited the coming of a surfer movie that doesn't have to do with Tim Story lame-ness, i do hope pray tell that ta very capable director
gets the honored role of handling it, ..and make it a smash hit ... and not like the likes of " Ghost Rider " ... " Elektra " ... " Fantastic 4 " ... ... uugh

I'm lookinf forward with Surfer interfacing with Adam Warlock, ..Mephisto ..Terrax the Terrible ...Super Skrull,...Elders of the Universe ... and of course GALACTUS.

I need to see " Planet Hulk " and the Surfer's appearance.

quickccc

Reaction score

i need to see and re-visit Secret Wars 2 ..

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

I get that. Back when I read comics, I was drawn to the more street level heroes, just didn't get into the more overpowered heroes and galactic type threats.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am aware of Ronan the Accuser ..
Ditto with Death Bird and the Supreme Intelligence ..

But I admit that i am naive with.Dar- Been and such of the age of " Clumsy Foul Up "

i admit that while i watch a few of the Surfer 90's series, i was not a big fan of it.. i watched for the sake of liking the looks and super powers of the Surfer, and Galactus,
but i felt neither the comics nor the toon series did a impressive job of standing out the Surfer.

In fact, actually left and ignored Marvel comics at one point ..and quite awhile because i thought Marvel felt the need to substitute brilliant action for art work, ,,totally different
format ,so believe it or not, i retired from the comics. And when i decided to reinvent my interest again, they were several upon several characters

Since i have so very long awaited the coming of a surfer movie that doesn't have to do with Tim Story lame-ness, i do hope pray tell that ta very capable director
gets the honored role of handling it, ..and make it a smash hit ... and not like the likes of " Ghost Rider " ... " Elektra " ... " Fantastic 4 " ... ... uugh

I'm lookinf forward with Surfer interfacing with Adam Warlock, ..Mephisto ..Terrax the Terrible ...Super Skrull,...Elders of the Universe ... and of course GALACTUS.

I need to see " Planet Hulk " and the Surfer's appearance.
I collected until about the mid-90’s. The quality of the industry just fell off of a cliff around that time. I briefly started again years later but never to the same level. Now I’m just looking to sell what I’ve got.