DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Marvel Puts a Star Wars Twist on Death Note

By Kofi Outlaw | ComicBook.com
September 12, 2024

The issue of Marvel's Star Wars comic series tells a dark sci-fi story, revealing how Luke Skywalker, Leia and their allies found a way to kill Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious, only to end up having to weigh choices of life and death that are totally on par with the manga/anime series Death Note. In fact, Star Wars #50 feels less like a Star Wars movie and more like an episode of Death Note. Read on for SPOILERS if you don't believe it... Read more

It would not surprise me if almost all readers (maybe all) are wondering, "What the living heck is Death Note?" :muttley:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Just got Disney+ back. Took a break to wait for some new content. Very disappointed. Echo, Agatha, Secret Invasion, X-men 97 and What If episodes about Nebula? Really? An entire fictional universe and those are the most exciting things you could bring out? At least I still get to watch Loki season two. I really enjoyed the first one.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just got Disney+ back. Took a break to wait for some new content. Very disappointed. Echo, Agatha, Secret Invasion, X-men 97 and What If episodes about Nebula? Really? An entire fictional universe and those are the most exciting things you could bring out? At least I still get to watch Loki season two. I really enjoyed the first one.
You were disappointed with X-Men '97? Agatha All Along's first episode was mostly meh, probably because it was purposefully following WandaVision's theme seen during its first couple of episodes. And weakly at that. The second episode was much better and what I was expecting though.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You were disappointed with X-Men '97? Agatha All Along's first episode was mostly meh, probably because it was purposefully following WandaVision's theme seen during its first couple of episodes. And weakly at that. The second episode was much better and what I was expecting though.
So far, I like Agatha All Along's first two episodes much, much more than the first two episodes of Wandavision.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Penguin episode 1: :starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:/5

That is how you made a comic book adaptation. It transitions seamlessly from The Batman.

And Colin Farrell? He will win multiple cable and Emmy awards for the role. Book it.

Not sure if anyone recognizes the young actor who is playing his lieutenant but he played on the Hulu/Marvel series Runaways. Glad he is getting another shot at the genre since that series crapped out pretty quickly.

nobody

Reaction score
I’m curious to see if this team is morphed into Thunderbolt Ross’ new (Dark) Avengers team.

I also can’t wait to see what they do with The Sentry. It looks like they’re forgoing his convoluted origin story and just having him be a new Super Soldier creation.
Good. I always thought his origin story was so stupid.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good. I always thought his origin story was so stupid.
I thought it was quite original, but convoluted at the same time.

I liked how he was a ‘forgotten’ golden age hero who had to go away in order to save the world. The ultimate sacrifice.