Comics and Movies

quickccc

Reaction score
But you remember Inhumans being popular?

In other words, not FOX.

They could use Don Cheadle as their Iron Man, as was done in the comics.

They could use the Vision. I think Wanda is done. They could use Beta Ray Bill as their Thor. Or a Hercules if and when they cast one.

Maybe they use Monica Rambeau?

And they can finally use the Wonder Man character too.

Lots of possibilities.

-i do remember the Inhumans being popular, in being related to the FF comics, or even such as being in the FF animation series,..
and more so even with Inhumans' Black Bolt being in this very recent Dr. Strange Multiverse Madness film.
- i cannot say the same with Thunderbolts.

-Disney just cannot throw away the Inhumans value and potential as they allowed ABC to do with that atrocious series - unfortunately it was such an embarrassing sad joke to have created.

-Imo, i don't think Wanda is done at all. in fact i think because of her successful series and large successful role in Dr. Strange 2, i expect she is gonna be a huge lead interest point in future
Marvel films, and crossovers. With the departure of Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, T'Challa, they are looking for future big lead characters. She's not near as big as the aforementioned 3-some, but
she's maybe the 2nd tier big leads. At least she brought intrigue and appeal - even a switched role as an surprising villain, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

quickccc

Reaction score
But you remember Inhumans being popular?

In other words, not FOX.

They could use Don Cheadle as their Iron Man, as was done in the comics.

They could use the Vision. I think Wanda is done. They could use Beta Ray Bill as their Thor. Or a Hercules if and when they cast one.

Maybe they use Monica Rambeau?

And they can finally use the Wonder Man character too.

Lots of possibilities.

Yes, Don Cheadles/ Rhodes could probably work as he’s already has been established as War Machine, Iron Patriot, etc. in the Iron Man film series (just as Falcon was in Capt A and Winter Soldier series) ..so I can see that, while they bring in and introduce someone new here -such as Hercules, but they would have to make his character appealing.

Hawkeye is an example of how a character has to be appealing and bring intrigue.
Hawkeye, like Falcon, War Machine has been in Avenger film series, but unfortunately the directors or the actor made him boring .. both in the films, and Disney plus series.

Loki was very intriguing and appealing in the Avenger film series, he was worth looking forward to going into his Disney series,..

I would think it becomes more challenging when a character is brought in and introduce from scratch as what Hercules and Wonder Man would have to be.
Ditto with Beta Ray Bill.... This is where the directors and writers come in ..Live or Let Die ..

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would think it becomes more challenging when a character is brought in and introduce from scratch as what Hercules and Wonder Man would have to be.
Ditto with Beta Ray Bill.... This is where the directors and writers come in ..Live or Let Die ..
It is purely a guess but I think the Thor: Love and Thunder trailers elevate Hercules' possible introduction above a challenge.

We have seen glimpses of Russell Crowe as Zeus, so the Greek mythological gods have been established. Unlike Odin and Thor, Marvel Comics did not elevate Zeus on an equal footing with his offspring as with his Norse mythology counterparts.

Hercules is the prominent Greek god in the books. T: LAT can easily be the entry point into the MCU for the character. Will Marvel/Disney pull that particular trigger? I do not see why not if the plan is a systemic reduction of Chris Hemsworth's role and regardless of whatever their future plans might be for Natalie Portman. So, stay tuned. :)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It is purely a guess but I think the Thor: Love and Thunder trailers elevate Hercules' possible introduction above a challenge.

We have seen glimpses of Russell Crowe as Zeus, so the Greek mythological gods have been established. Unlike Odin and Thor, Marvel Comics did not elevate Zeus on an equal footing with his offspring as with his Norse mythology counterparts.

Hercules is the prominent Greek god in the books. T: LAT can easily be the entry point into the MCU for the character. Will Marvel/Disney pull that particular trigger? I do not see why not if the plan is a systemic reduction of Chris Hemsworth's role and regardless of whatever their future plans might be for Natalie Portman. So, stay tuned. :)
I assume by "books" you don't mean actual Greek mythology, since Hercules is obviously a demigod, far from being the prominent god.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
-i do remember the Inhumans being popular, in being related to the FF comics, or even such as being in the FF animation series,..
and more so even with Inhumans' Black Bolt being in this very recent Dr. Strange Multiverse Madness film.
- i cannot say the same with Thunderbolts.

Yeah. I’m gonna say you’re misremembering any Inhumans popularly. Marvel’s greatest failure to date.

-Disney just cannot throw away the Inhumans value and potential as they allowed ABC to do with that atrocious series - unfortunately it was such an embarrassing sad joke to have created.

I don’t think you should expect to see them anytime soon.

-Imo, i don't think Wanda is done at all. in fact i think because of her successful series and large successful role in Dr. Strange 2, i expect she is gonna be a huge lead interest point in future
Marvel films, and crossovers. With the departure of Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, T'Challa, they are looking for future big lead characters. She's not near as big as the aforementioned 3-some, but
she's maybe the 2nd tier big leads. At least she brought intrigue and appeal - even a switched role as an surprising villain, imo.

Don’t get your hopes up.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I assume by "books" you don't mean actual Greek mythology, since Hercules is obviously a demigod, far from being the prominent god.
Yes. The top tier of Greek AND Roman mythological hierarchy do not receive any where near the same attention as Hercules in Marvel Comics. I do not think Stan Lee and those who followed him stayed particularly true to the legends of myth. :D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How Legion became one of the most important characters in Marvel's new X-Men era
By Christian Holub | Entertainment Weekly
May 27, 2022

tjpIiKz.jpg

Almost three years after the X-Men radically changed the Marvel status quo by announcing the foundation of Krakoa, their mutant nation is still standing. But building a new way to live is not an easy process, and some things still need to be figured out.

Enter Legion of X, Marvel's newest X-Men comic, which launched this week from writer Si Spurrier (Step by Bloody Step) and artist Jan Bazaldua (Mr. and Mrs. X). As the title suggests, this series centers on Legion, a.k.a David Haller, the son of X-Men founder Charles Xavier.

Blessed and cursed with an infinite supply of mutant powers tied into his dissociative identity disorder, Legion once starred in his own FX show starring Dan Stevens, but he was largely absent from the early Krakoa era. That was partly because his father, one of the principal founders of Krakoa, fears David's powers and the chaos they bring. But as last year's Inferno series proved, Xavier does not have all the answers. Massive as his contributions have been to mutantkind so far, Xavier might not have what it takes to make Krakoa last.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DC's Letting Static Shock Hop Over to YA Graphic Novels
By Justin Carter | Gizmode
May 27, 2022

6ed39a2ad4b2480d9dceea855cb79f24.jpg

Static Shock was one of the more comparatively underrated superhero shows of the early 2000s, and the character’s return to the popular culture has been slow going. He and other Milestone characters are now enjoying a return in the comics space, and he’s due to theoretically receive a movie sometime in the near future. To expand his profile even further, DC bringing him over to the YA audience.

DC has just announced Static: Up All Night, a graphic novel by writer Lamar Giles and artist Paris Alleyne. After Virgil (aka Static) goes through a bad breakup, his best friend Richie Foley—aka Gear, from the old cartoon—decides to help him by taking him to a music festival in Dakota. But like the YA story it is, his ex also happens to be at the music festival, and that’s only the start of his troubled night. The graphic novel will include other characters from the Dakotaverse, which means some fun cameos are in store for those who’ve grown up with the character. Look for Up All Night to release on June 6, 2023.

https://gizmodo.com/dc-comics-graphic-novels-static-harley-quinn-lois-lane-1848987095
Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SHAMELESS Star Emmy Rossum Reflects On Losing Invisible Woman Role In 2015's FANTASTIC FOUR
By Josh Wilding | ComicBookMovie.com
May 27, 2022

194004.jpg

Emmy Rossum is perhaps best known for starring in Shameless, but she very nearly entered the world of superheroes by playing Sue Storm, a.k.a. Invisible Woman, in 2015's Fantastic Four.

The actor did a screen test for the blockbuster, but ended up losing out on the role to Kate Mara. Considering the movie went on to become one of the biggest critical and commercial flops in the genre's history, we'd say she had a lucky escape. Of course, Rossum didn't know that at the time, hence why she was left "devastated" upon learning she wouldn't be joining the Marvel Universe.

"I did not get it. Devastated, utterly devastated. I remember where I was when I didn’t get it," the actor recalls. "I was with my now-husband on a beach somewhere, and I got the call that I didn’t get it, and I was pretty sure I didn’t get it because I did not feel that the screen-test went well. I just didn’t hook into that character at all, I didn’t understand the dialogue, I couldn’t sell it, I was like ‘I don’t know what to do with my lines, I can’t find my in here.'

https://comicbookmovie.com/fantasti...le-woman-role-in-2015s-fantastic-four-a194004Read more

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
SHAMELESS Star Emmy Rossum Reflects On Losing Invisible Woman Role In 2015's FANTASTIC FOUR
By Josh Wilding | ComicBookMovie.com
May 27, 2022

194004.jpg

Emmy Rossum is perhaps best known for starring in Shameless, but she very nearly entered the world of superheroes by playing Sue Storm, a.k.a. Invisible Woman, in 2015's Fantastic Four.

The actor did a screen test for the blockbuster, but ended up losing out on the role to Kate Mara. Considering the movie went on to become one of the biggest critical and commercial flops in the genre's history, we'd say she had a lucky escape. Of course, Rossum didn't know that at the time, hence why she was left "devastated" upon learning she wouldn't be joining the Marvel Universe.

"I did not get it. Devastated, utterly devastated. I remember where I was when I didn’t get it," the actor recalls. "I was with my now-husband on a beach somewhere, and I got the call that I didn’t get it, and I was pretty sure I didn’t get it because I did not feel that the screen-test went well. I just didn’t hook into that character at all, I didn’t understand the dialogue, I couldn’t sell it, I was like ‘I don’t know what to do with my lines, I can’t find my in here.'

Read more
I couldn't picture her in the role. Maybe it's just because her character in Shameless is such a filthy...girl ...but she'd have to have an amazing screen test to change my mind.

quickccc

Reaction score
I couldn't picture her in the role. Maybe it's just because her character in Shameless is such a filthy...girl ...but she'd have to have an amazing screen test to change my mind.

just like i couldn't picture Jessica Alba as Sue Richards in Tim Story's shambles of FF 4 ..

7c5797ec2b791572dd83cb374397c433.jpg

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marvel Comics Enters Phase II of 'Star Wars: High Republic' with Two New Series
By Marvel | Marvel.com
5/26/2022

Earlier today at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim, fans got an exciting look at what’s to come in Phase II of Star Wars: The High Republic. The highly-acclaimed publishing initiative will begin an all-new era of interconnected stories told across novels, children’s books, and of course, comics! Marvel Comics’ Star Wars: The High Republic sagas will return this fall with a new ongoing STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC comic series and a new limited series titled STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC – THE BLADE.

Launching in October, STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC #1 will see writer Cavan Scott and artist Ario Anindito reunite after their mega successful run on volume 1. Set 150 years before Phase 1, Phase II of Star Wars: The High Republic will center around Jedha, a planet rich in its connection to the Force and the focus of every major faith in the galaxy. The new flagship STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC comic series will introduce Jedi Vildar Mac, who arrives as Jedha’s fragile peace begins to crumble and a nameless terror arrives…

Author of STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC: LIGHT OF THE JEDI and one of the chief architects behind the STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC storytelling initiative, writer Charles Soule will team up with artist Marco Castiello on STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC - THE BLADE #1. The four-issue limited series will explore the mysterious backstory of Porter Engle, the Jedi-turned-cook also known as the Blade of Bardotta.

Read more

vMuaKfE.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Newt Was Ripley's Perfect Heir as Proven by Dark Horse's Aliens Comics
By Samantha King | Screen Rant
5/28/2022

aliens-ripley-newt-and-xenomorph.jpg

While Newt's time in the Alien franchise was short-lived thanks to Aliens film sequel, Alien 3, she had a longer life in Dark Horse Comics. Ellen Ripley may have remained the face of the franchise, but Newt would have been her perfect successor. In the comic sequel trilogy, beginning with Aliens: Outbreak, the girl becomes a young woman who continues her hero's legacy.

In 1988, Dark Horse Comics began a new saga for Aliens' Hicks and Newt, who survived at the end of Aliens. The two are forced to face more human and xenomorph threats as Earth falls to alien infestation. Aliens: Nightmare Asylum, continues the story of Newt and Hick's fight against the xenomorphs, ending with the return of Ripley. This story concludes in Aliens: Female War (also known as Aliens: Earth War). Thanks to Alien 3 killing off Hicks and Newt in 1992, Newt was renamed Billie in the comics following her off-screen death and Outbreak's reprints.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When Did Doctor Strange and Professor X First Meet in the Comics?
By Brian Cronin | CBR
5/28/2022

Professor-X-Doctor-Strange-2.jpg

Today, we take a look at the first time that Doctor Strange and Professor X met in the Marvel comic book universe.

In "When We First Met", we spotlight the various characters, phrases, objects or events that eventually became notable parts of comic lore, like the first time someone said, "Avengers Assemble!" or the first appearance of Batman's giant penny or the first appearance of Alfred Pennyworth or the first time Spider-Man's face was shown half-Spidey/half-Peter. Stuff like that.

Two of the most famous members of the Illuminati (okay, that's a bit of a meaningless statement, since EVERY member of the Illuminati is famous, but whatever, just go with it) are Professor X and Doctor Strange, who represented the mutant side of things as well as the magical side of things (each member of the Illuminati, in general, represented a specific section of the Marvel superhero world). However, while we know in terms of retcons they were together as a group around the Kree-Skrull War, when did they actually first meet in the comics?

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The 11 Absolute Worst Comic Book Movies Of The '90s
By Mat Elfring | GameSpot
4/29/2022

3971174-ff2.jpg

In 1998, Blade came out, and the film was one of the first legitimately good comic books movies in a very long time--even if parts of it feel like dated rave scenes. After that, we saw Spider-Man, X-Men, and so many more. It was the cusp of the golden age of superhero movies. However, in order to get there, a lot of stinkers had to be released.

During the '90s, film studios were buying the rights to comic books left and right, and while these films were trying to find their footing, a lot of bad ones got released. Even if studios tried to utilize big name stars to push out a superhero flick, it didn't matter unless the story was good. Unfortunately, at this point in time, comic book movies hadn't found their footing just yet.

So going through the history of cinema, we present to you the 11 worst comic book movies of the 1990s. Sure, they may be a lot of fun to watch now, but none of these movies are really considered to be great by anyone. So sit back, relax, and check out some of the worst Hollywood had to offer before the MCU became a thing.

Read more

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The 11 Absolute Worst Comic Book Movies Of The '90s
By Mat Elfring | GameSpot
4/29/2022

3971174-ff2.jpg

In 1998, Blade came out, and the film was one of the first legitimately good comic books movies in a very long time--even if parts of it feel like dated rave scenes. After that, we saw Spider-Man, X-Men, and so many more. It was the cusp of the golden age of superhero movies. However, in order to get there, a lot of stinkers had to be released.

During the '90s, film studios were buying the rights to comic books left and right, and while these films were trying to find their footing, a lot of bad ones got released. Even if studios tried to utilize big name stars to push out a superhero flick, it didn't matter unless the story was good. Unfortunately, at this point in time, comic book movies hadn't found their footing just yet.

So going through the history of cinema, we present to you the 11 worst comic book movies of the 1990s. Sure, they may be a lot of fun to watch now, but none of these movies are really considered to be great by anyone. So sit back, relax, and check out some of the worst Hollywood had to offer before the MCU became a thing.

Read more

I loved Tank Girl! Yeah it's a low budget, cheesy, campy, goofy movie, but it wasn't trying to take itself seriously. Lori Petty did a good job of portraying Tank Girl. It was a weird mix of actors Naomi Watts, Malcolm McDowell, Ice-T, Iggy Pop, but then everything about it was kinda weird, but that's what makes it so good......lol

It's become one of those cult, guilty pleasures, I actually watched again 2-3 months ago........:p

quickccc

Reaction score
What other Super Hero character you would love to see made into Live Action movie or series ?
Here's my wish list:

THUNDARR THE BARBARIAN

cb13ccb85632008cba7ef27545666e34.jpg

11c49a470cb6d5e10fac8a4ca5620404.jpg

VAMPIRE HUNTER D"

d5db4da5246bdfc67c952e97728ad99c.jpg

052bcde14edaed08d5730cdaf3dbe6d4.jpg

7efd3221fb59526886f8c813a5fe931c.jpg

THE SILVER SURFER
7282e75dcb93eff800dd1bccfe90aa6a.jpg

1d279d19bd3e86390cd6d4ee68d4d8d1.jpg

ETRIGAN THE DEMON

3eb44cf33ffd6ebd99987cde0c46d4bc.jpg

7d58395591458e7a2cbf5ec51592c65f.jpg

8fbf0d1d9a723b9b2a84827abd169a8b.jpg

ROM SPACEKNIGHT
8255accec16dced9a79137497d02af11.jpg

4f5bb821e5a68f107172a1b58a4524e7.jpg

60579ea6c3d4beecf9b59d69809389e8.jpg

GALACTUS
dc9dc1b5f602bdacd2d191aeb142ba7d.jpg

5536b5a0cb204af66f40a7ca17e2d159.jpg

quickccc

Reaction score
and here's more of my wish list:
- Comic Characters i'd like to see made into live action movie or series ...

STORM (XMEN)

54ca42daeaa2713f900eedd05dabf9b3.jpg

03e2571b0b0a5e7cc630e93c4ba3cb9a.jpg

HELLFIRE CLUB
a3c74f01fc59759f48ab320e49844eb5.jpg

bf8d0b32777ee2981adf0a2a99b35cf3.jpg

365fdfb4f89f857ee79c53204af9c667.jpg

6316d2ce8d12a4d5afdc487382c8498f.jpg

67aa4f25a8c6361132d15d29c1e38f8f.jpg

0e8f6e61d8b3cde4f849f5cd43a1b4a8.jpg

THE INHUMANS

9ff89fe97c288840d1d79c0cb240f69a.jpg

7bb14577fa1ff6bae533bb89a79ca09e.jpg

ALPHA FLIGHT
929129d66ffdc8b2838163b70cf8c449.jpg

e2277f12b92f9a0009f36d18119dcedd.jpg

quickccc

Reaction score
...Comic characters i'd loved to see made into live action Movie films or series:

DR. DOOM (series?)
6c497f2a5867167e31e1fd1387e0e117.jpg

ELEKTRA (yes, a reboot !)

b44868b862f6fe9d13a3c72204a49b9b.jpg

3fb748c3928b36983a26b179f02f71ff.jpg

DEADLY HANDS OF KUNG ** - SONS OFTHE TIGER (series)

cdbe9b29f46a22c9fb8b7532c7e8ab08.jpg

10b90501ff0016a351992c2ceea339fb.jpg

fe55679ab39ee260c6dafa393fbbf03a.jpg

a7e09af149e0fdc9425db477618b03d3.jpg