Comics and Movies

nobody

Reaction score
MCU Directors “Terrified” Of Disney’s “Disturbing” Treatment Toward Marvel Stars
By Kyle Burlingame | Inside The Magic
May 25, 2022

avengers-assemble-hawkeye-captain-america-black-widow-800x400.jpeg

The Russo Brothers weigh in on the ongoing drama between studios and actors and their treatment in the movie industry and how they find it disturbing that people like Scarlett Johannson have to sue Disney for how they are treated.

The two directors definitely know their way around Marvel Studios as they have been involved in some of the best, if not the greatest MCU projects. The Russos worked on Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) and Captain America: Civil War (2016), and also worked on Avengers: Infinity War (2018) and Avengers: Endgame (2019) which were hailed as some of the best Marvel content ever made.

Over the past few years, the directors had the chance to work with most of the MCU actors due to the large-scale Avenger movies. So it’s no surprise that the Russo would be disappointed and even “disturbed” at how actors are being treated right now in the entertainment industry by studios or tech companies.

Read more

So disturbed and terrified that they kept accepting Disney's money to come back and direct more. :D

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So disturbed and terrified that they kept accepting Disney's money to come back and direct more. :D

The incident that they’re referring to happened after they directed those films.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DC’s Reverse ‘Suicide Squad’ Can Cause More Damage Than Waller’s Rogues
By Nicholas Hunter | Screen Rant
May 26, 2022

The-Revolutionaries-from-DC-Comics.jpg

The Suicide Squad may be DC Comics' signature group of ragtag villains reluctantly fighting for good, but Amanda Waller's crew have nothing on the young group of heroes waging war with Superman under Lex Luthor's control, The Revolutionaries.

The son of Kal-El, Jon Kent, has found himself in a tight spot as of late. His new boyfriend Jay Nakamura has a complicated past tied to the dangerous new super group, The Revolutionaries. A team seen by some as terrorists and others as relentless freedom fighters, The Revolutionaries are a group of anti-heroes responsible for getting refugees safely out of Gamorra, including Jay, after being experimented on by Gamorran president, Henry Bendix. Recently, though, they have been at the center of some major calamities, including a leviathan attack that nearly sunk Metropolis, which was later blamed on Superman. Nakamura's sympathy for the group even brought Batman out of the shadows, with him warning Jon to keep Jay at a distance. The true force behind their destruction, however, is much more nefarious than Superman can imagine.

https://screenrant.com/superman-son-kalel-villain-henry-bendix-revolutionaries/
Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DC Announces 'Batman - One Bad Day' Series of One-Shot Comics
By DC Publicity | | DC Comics
May 17th, 2022
bm_Onebadday_logo_marquee_6284277a2ba207.25397777.jpg

Revealed today, DC will be publishing a series of standalone, 64-page, one-shot comics featuring Batman’s world-famous enemies! The series of releases, under the header Batman – One Bad Day, will tell definitive tales featuring The Riddler, Two-Face, The Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Catwoman, Bane, Clayface and Ra’s al Ghul! Scroll down for a look at what each team is working on!

Batman - One Bad Day: The Riddler by Tom King & Mitch Gerads:

Tom King and Mitch Gerads reunite in a new 64-page one-shot comic this August! Edward Nygma’s meticulous rules and systems go out the window when he kills seemingly at random, but Batman isn’t buying it! This tense intellectual thriller sees Batman unravel as he tries to decode the Riddler’s motivation!

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Warrior Nun Season 2: Plot, Cast, & Everything Else We Know
By Oshell Gillies | MovieWeb
April 13, 2022

80242724.jpg

When you think about warriors who protect the world from evil, what comes to mind? It wasn't nuns with guns, knives, and swords, right? Well, Warrior Nun, a Netflix fantasy original based on the comic book character by Ben Dunn, dragged us into a holy war between heaven and demons with nuns as the protectors of humanity.

The show follows 19-year-old Ava Silva (Alba Baptista), who wakes up in a morgue, and while resurrecting from the dead is never easy, Ava goes on to find an ancient artifact embedded in her back. With a dash of supernatural gifts, a few ancient demons, and a religious order tasked to protect the world, Warrior Nun season 1 had us hooked and ready for season 2. Luckily for us, we weren’t left to ponder a follow-up season because Netflix announced the green light for a renewal a month after the first season aired.

https://movieweb.com/warrior-nun-season-2-everything-we-know/
Read more

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Warrior Nun Season 2: Plot, Cast, & Everything Else We Know
By Oshell Gillies | MovieWeb
April 13, 2022

80242724.jpg

When you think about warriors who protect the world from evil, what comes to mind? It wasn't nuns with guns, knives, and swords, right? Well, Warrior Nun, a Netflix fantasy original based on the comic book character by Ben Dunn, dragged us into a holy war between heaven and demons with nuns as the protectors of humanity.

The show follows 19-year-old Ava Silva (Alba Baptista), who wakes up in a morgue, and while resurrecting from the dead is never easy, Ava goes on to find an ancient artifact embedded in her back. With a dash of supernatural gifts, a few ancient demons, and a religious order tasked to protect the world, Warrior Nun season 1 had us hooked and ready for season 2. Luckily for us, we weren’t left to ponder a follow-up season because Netflix announced the green light for a renewal a month after the first season aired.

Read more
Looking forward to this!

quickccc

Reaction score
In my opinion it’s because they’re getting more expensive.

Too expensive.
That's what i was thinking most likely happened.
And the one the studios probably thought would not be as expensive in Scarlett Johannson Black Widow ended up going public and in legal court as a lawsuit.

That's what had me thinking if we'll go young Avengers, ..the way studios did with Xmen members- younger Charles Xavier, Storm, different Jean Grey, Magneto etc,

quickccc

Reaction score
DC Announces 'Batman - One Bad Day' Series of One-Shot Comics
By DC Publicity | | DC Comics
May 17th, 2022
bm_Onebadday_logo_marquee_6284277a2ba207.25397777.jpg

Revealed today, DC will be publishing a series of standalone, 64-page, one-shot comics featuring Batman’s world-famous enemies! The series of releases, under the header Batman – One Bad Day, will tell definitive tales featuring The Riddler, Two-Face, The Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Catwoman, Bane, Clayface and Ra’s al Ghul! Scroll down for a look at what each team is working on!

Batman - One Bad Day: The Riddler by Tom King & Mitch Gerads:

Tom King and Mitch Gerads reunite in a new 64-page one-shot comic this August! Edward Nygma’s meticulous rules and systems go out the window when he kills seemingly at random, but Batman isn’t buying it! This tense intellectual thriller sees Batman unravel as he tries to decode the Riddler’s motivation!

Read more

Ra’s al Ghul! is the one i am not as familiar with. .. even with the Batman Animation series.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too expensive.
That's what i was thinking most likely happened.
And the one the studios probably thought would not be as expensive in Scarlett Johannson Black Widow ended up going public and in legal court as a lawsuit.

That's what had me thinking if we'll go young Avengers, ..the way studios did with Xmen members- younger Charles Xavier, Storm, different Jean Grey, Magneto etc,

Yeah, but that ended up as a failure. There’s still plenty of uncovered ground and characters to explore. They don’t need to focus on handoff characters taking over old mantles.

quickccc

Reaction score
Yeah, but that ended up as a failure. There’s still plenty of uncovered ground and characters to explore. They don’t need to focus on handoff characters taking over old mantles.

Fox studios seemed so convinced that they could not sell Xmen without Logan Wolverine, as they even had spinoffs such as The Wolverine, Logan, and Xmen Origins.
The one success they clearly had without Logan being a featured piece was First Class.
I dunno if Wolverine would have helped with Apocalyse or Dark Phoenix ...

And Magneto is another one that was just too overdone, overused to me, and yet another that i thought the studios felt they just had to
keep elaborating around in order to make Xmen series interesting.
There was once talk of a possible Magneto solo film, but

Other characters to explore ? Xavier's origin and background ? Would the character and origin of Storm bring appeal and interest ?
Mystique ? or would it come down to the Xfactor members as the next Xmen generation ... and would that sell to the general audience ?
Especially those that are not Marvel comic fans and not familiar with Xfactor members ?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fox studios seemed so convinced that they could not sell Xmen without Logan Wolverine, as they even had spinoffs such as The Wolverine, Logan, and Xmen Origins.
The one success they clearly had without Logan being a featured piece was First Class.
I dunno if Wolverine would have helped with Apocalyse or Dark Phoenix ...

And Magneto is another one that was just too overdone, overused to me, and yet another that i thought the studios felt they just had to
keep elaborating around in order to make Xmen series interesting.
There was once talk of a possible Magneto solo film, but

Other characters to explore ? Xavier's origin and background ? Would the character and origin of Storm bring appeal and interest ?
Mystique ? or would it come down to the Xfactor members as the next Xmen generation ... and would that sell to the general audience ?
Especially those that are not Marvel comic fans and not familiar with Xfactor members ?

I was referring to characters outside the X-MEN universe, they’re coming already.

But a proper Fantastic Four series has so many great stories to tell.

There’s the Thunderbolts, and tons of villains to be explored.

They can do a West Coast Avengers with a more laid back vibe to replace Guardians after that third film.

They’ve got over 60 years of characters and stories to work with.

quickccc

Reaction score
I was referring to characters outside the X-MEN universe, they’re coming already.

But a proper Fantastic Four series has so many great stories to tell.

There’s the Thunderbolts, and tons of villains to be explored.

They can do a West Coast Avengers with a more laid back vibe to replace Guardians after that third film.

They’ve got over 60 years of characters and stories to work with.

- i think i'd much rather make another go at the Inhumans live action than Thunderbolts. i don't remember Thunderbolts being that popular.

- The Fantastic 4 will have to be very "successfully " rebooted, and give a substantial impression among critics and viewing audience first and foremost for that series to
draw intrigue, box office and ratings before they introduce its' vast universe, including Dr. Doom ..among others
(ala molecule man, franklin richards, silver surfer, Galactus, The Watcher, Blasstar, Red Ghost Mole man, etc.)

- Imo, if they go the way of West Coast Avengers (which i'd bet they change/edit the West Coast name) ..i have my doubts if it would sell without
one of the original, more popular original Avengers.

- So who/what members would be in that WC-Avengers movie (or series) .. Thor ? ...A new Iron Man ?... Bring Scarlett Witch or Vision as the leads ?.... The Falcon ?
sorry, but Hawkeye is just so very boring ... co-star Captain Marvel ? ..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
- i think i'd much rather make another go at the Inhumans live action than Thunderbolts. i don't remember Thunderbolts being that popular.

But you remember Inhumans being popular?

- The Fantastic 4 will have to be very "successfully " rebooted, and give a substantial impression among critics and viewing audience first and foremost for that series to
draw intrigue, box office and ratings before they introduce its' vast universe, including Dr. Doom ..among others
(ala molecule man, franklin richards, silver surfer, Galactus, The Watcher, Blasstar, Red Ghost Mole man, etc.)

In other words, not FOX.

- Imo, if they go the way of West Coast Avengers (which i'd bet they change/edit the West Coast name) ..i have my doubts if it would sell without
one of the original, more popular original Avengers.

- So who/what members would be in that WC-Avengers movie (or series) .. Thor ? ...A new Iron Man ?... Bring Scarlett Witch or Vision as the leads ?.... The Falcon ?
sorry, but Hawkeye is just so very boring ... co-star Captain Marvel ? ..

They could use Don Cheadle as their Iron Man, as was done in the comics.

They could use the Vision. I think Wanda is done. They could use Beta Ray Bill as their Thor. Or a Hercules if and when they cast one.

Maybe they use Monica Rambeau?

And they can finally use the Wonder Man character too.

Lots of possibilities.